we know we can't stop sinning
but
we know we can't stop trying to not sin
and
we know we need help for that
we know we must ask for that help
so
you are still sinning

No, it is no longer I who sin, but sin that dwells within me. Christ is not a sinner and the law was nailed to the cross, and i am already seated in heavenly places with Christ.

How about you? Are you still trying to work off your sin?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, it is no longer I who sin, but sin that dwells within me. Christ is not a sinner and the law was nailed to the cross, and i am already seated in heavenly places with Christ.

How about you? Are you still trying to work off your sin?

no

I am still trying to overcometh

have you overcometh already?

how did you do it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
no

how did you do it?

Jesus commands us to be perfect; it is not easy task. It is life long endeavor.

People who say they have no sins because they are Christians are only deceiving themselves and others.

Those who say they have no sins misrepresent Jesus to the world badly.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
no

Yes. John 1 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?…

how did you do it?

Through my faith in Christ who has already overcome the world, as have I because of Him who dwells in me.
John 1:13
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

1 John 5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

Last edited:

musterion

People who say they have no sins because they are Christians are only deceiving themselves and others.

Lake of Fire.

glorydaz

At one time God gave man close to 1000 years, and they still were not perfect. So he gave them less time.

People don't say they have no sins "because they are Christians". They say they have no sin because sin is not accounted to them....believers are not under the law. All their sins have been forgiven....removed. Gone....zip....put off.

Romans 4:7-8
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.​

No, you just don't believe what our Lord and Saviour accomplished, so it's YOU that "misrepresent"s Him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes. John 1 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?…

Through my faith in Christ who has already overcome the world, as have I because of Him who dwells in me.
John 1:13
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

1 John 5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

okay
you are 'born of God'
and
I am not
because
you just believe as I do
but
I believe we will be judged according to our works
and
you don't
and
I still sin
but
you don't

you have to admit that I believe
but
my belief is different
so
how do I convince myself that I am not sinning?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Perfect means complete meshak. We (believers) are complete in Christ before the Father, where were once separated, we are not any longer.

Look at this, its a nice word picture for how we become perfect (no longer we but Him in us is what causes it)

theway.gif

meshak

BANNED
Banned
okay
you are 'born of God'
and
I am not
because
you just believe as I do
but
I believe we will be judged according to our works
and
you don't
and
I still sin
but
you don't

you have to admit that I believe
but
my belief is different
so
how do I convince myself that I am not sinning?

You are just so funny.:first: