Toddler shoots mother in Walmart...

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Cars are a fact of life, guns dont have to be.

The level of private gun ownership in US is a weird thing in world terms, its an anomaly, its definitely off the beaten track and its fatal for lots of Americans.

The blocks to doing some thing about this are;

• The US constitution locks the concept of Guns = Freedom in peoples mind.
  • Removing one constitution right opens the doors for others to be eroded.
  • There are just so many guns, its going to be hard to do
  • US culture has accepted high gun ownership and death toll that goes with it as normal and acceptable.
Brittany said:

No, Brittany!!!
Don't you remember History?

The Only Reason "Other Countries" Don't Invade Us, is because Most of us Have Guns, Loaded and Ready; For any Man or Woman that Comes to our house, To Hurt our Family.

=M=

That's Why We have Guns.

:third:

:loser:

:singer:

This just Shows BBC's Grasp on your Brain.

Whoever thinks this said:
If Americans stopped using guns, or having them available to be used by a two year old

Guns are a Necessary Thing to Have, now that they are Invented; Given People that want to Rob you, will always have Guns.

People that want to Invade your Country; Will Also have Guns, or Something Like that.

The Problem I see here, in this Particular News Article; Is that Some Parents in America are completely Irresponsible, and Incapable of Raising Children Properly.

Guns are Necessary; Cars are a Machine that is used as a Vehicle, and Replaced Horses.
In my Opinion, I'd go back to Horses, before we destroy this Planet with Car Emissions.
Or, Change the Fuel and Make it a Law to have all the Various Gasoline Engines off the Road in Five Years, Possibly Government Grants to get The New Technology.

Cars are also a Necessary "Bad Thing", The Faster they Go, the Better they Kill; but if we fix the Emission Problem they won't kill us All.

If we Can't fix Emissions, I'd say go back to horses until we Get rid of the greedy people Keeping the Electric Car off the Market.

But we could figure out all the Problems in the World Right Now, Right Here; Is it going to Change anything really?

If anything, there are just a Few more British people that forgot why Americans have "So Many Guns" in the First place; who just Got Reminded.

Last edited:

commonsense

No, Brittany!!!

The Only Reason "Other Countries" Don't Invade Us, is because Most of us Have Guns, Loaded and Ready; For any Man or Woman that Comes to our house, To Hurt our Family.

=M=

That's Why We have Guns.

Actually you invaded us, Canada, in 1812 and ended up on the short end of the stick, accomplishing none of your goals, retreating back to established borders and getting the White House burned downed too boot. We don't like to talk about it much though...being humble.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
No, Brittany!!!

=M=

That's Why We have Guns.

Actually you invaded us, Canada, in 1812 and ended up on the short end of the stick, accomplishing none of your goals, retreating back to established borders and getting the White House burned downed too boot. We don't like to talk about it much though...being humble.

Do you believe I was Alive during 1812?

So, why shouldn't we have Guns?

=M=

Come on, use your "Common Sense".

==================================

MUSIC!!!

Conventional Wisdom - Built to Spill (You in Reverse)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Canadia wasn't a country yet so that didn't count. :listen:

commonsense

"So, why shouldn't we have Guns?"
Mark SeaSigh theres no reason you shouldn't have guns....except for all the innocent people who get caught up in death because of all your guns.
Heres something to talk about.... why do you guys resist smart guns that can only be fired by the owner??

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
See how that BBC brain washing Technique has Been Applied to Common Sense?

=M=

Mark SeaSigh theres no reason you shouldn't have guns....except for all the innocent people who get caught up in death because of all your guns.
Heres something to talk about.... why do you guys resist smart guns that can only be fired by the owner??

Sounds to me Like you are Overgeneralizing, Once Again; When did I say I don't think "Smart Anything" is a Good Idea.

Instead, I'm calling on you to be Smart for a Second.

Stop using your BBC logic, and Try again with your Very Own "Common Sense".

Also; I currently like British and Canadian People. : D

Hello Friends!!!

commonsense

Canadia wasn't a country yet so that didn't count.

TomO you have a point Canadia or as its commonly named today Canada wasn't formally a country then. Ontario, where most of the fighting occurred, was called Upper Canada. It was British North America. Anyway, every thinking Canadian says God Bless America... the best neighbour a country ever had... Now how about KeystoneXL?

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Should a Child be able to have Access to a Gun?

and;

Whose Fault is this Really?

I say, It's the Parents Fault Completely, and they should be Held Partly Responsible.

However, I think the Loss of a Life should be enough of a Ramification, and No Law action needs to be taken Further.
What will happen to the Toddler?

=====================================

Now, you have an Actual Opinion of Mine;

Other than: "Of Course, there should be A Gun in Every Home in America!".

=M=

Last edited:

commonsense

Sounds to me Like you are Overgeneralizing, Once Again; When did I say I don't think "Smart Anything" is a Good Idea.

Instead, I'm calling on you to be Smart for a Second.

Stop using your BBC logic, and Try again with your Very Own "Common Sense".

Also; I currently like British and Canadian People. : D

Hello Friends!!!

ok... You caught me generalizing about smart guns. Still I know NRA is very much against them.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Do you think that Americans actually have any Power Within their Own Government, or the Various Groups that Make Decisions about the Laws that Get Passed in our Government?

I'm an American, and I don't; If you do, Why do you?

=M=

Lately, we are just Told what Freedoms we used to have, that have been Restricted or Removed.
None of Us Got to Vote on it.

Many Americans Died getting the Rights that the Government is Removing, and Working against on a Daily Basis.

A Bunch of Lawyers, are constantly Restricting the Freedoms of the American People.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Canadia wasn't a country yet so that didn't count.

TomO you have a point Canadia or as its commonly named today Canada wasn't formally a country then. Ontario, where most of the fighting occurred, was called Upper Canada. It was British North America. Anyway, every thinking Canadian says God Bless America... the best neighbour a country ever had...

Well, we think you guys are pretty okay too.:up:

Now how about KeystoneXL?

What about it?..:think:....There has to be a thread about that thing around here somewhere.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Most firearm-related homicides involve handguns and automatic weapons - both of which are illegal in Canada.

So what? As it your claim that if the aggressors did not have handguns or automatic weapons, they would not have killed their victims? If this is not your claim, then what's your point?

Canadians also have a more developed "safety-net," whereby healthcare, affordable housing and other social programs are more readily available.

Ah, so, in other words, guns have absolutely nothing to do with it. Brilliantly argued! :thumb:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Yet, if a person's intention is something other than murder, say fear, mishandling or escape, the likelihood of incidentally killing someone with one shot is much higher than incidentally killing someone with one cut or stab. For example, it is quite rare that someone dies from an accidental knife cut. Typically a bandage or couple of stitches is the limit of medical care necessary to repair the damage. And I have never heard of anyone being killed by a stray knife coming through the wall of their home, or by an errant knife tossed from half-a-mile away.

That may be true, but accidents are, pretty much by definition, exceptional cases, aren't they? And why should any legislative policy rest on exceptional cases?

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
That may be true, but accidents are, pretty much by definition, exceptional cases, aren't they? And why should any legislative policy rest on exceptional cases?

I agree;

Instead of Seeing the Occurrence for what it Obviously is; they are using it as Fuel for a Vehicle to Restrict Freedoms.
In Some Cases, the Government Body uses Exceptional Cases, and Forces the Media to Air them Over and Over on the News and Other Facets, in order to Control the Mind of the Masses, into forming opinions based on the Biases which are Presented by the Media.

=M=

Or, to cover up Air Time/News Time, during a War that the Government doesn't want everybody talking about; Consider Monica Lewinsky.

th

Not meaning to "get off the OP topic", or anything Like that at All.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Also, I would never consider a "Safe Gun", for myself.

=M=

That's like one of those Swords with the Button Release, sure it never "Falls out", but if Someone's Drawing on you; Probably should have the Sward Ready, and not "safe".

A Concealed weapon is a good thing, too; depending who is Carrying them.

I will Show you an Example:

90 Year Old Man; Fights Off Robbers (Last Year)

I believe all Men are Created Equal; and that Having Guns is a Good thing, but feel free to Disagree.
Carrying a "Big Stick" is a "Good Thing".

I don't think Guns are just for Hunting, but instead they are Tools for "Protecting Your Family", from "Crazy People With Guns".

Of Course, that's all just my Opinion; but it wasn't mine First. : P

Morpheus

Also, I would never consider a "Safe Gun", for myself.

=M=

That's like one of those Swords with the Button Release, sure it never "Falls out", but if Someone's Drawing on you; Probably should have the Sward Ready, and not "safe".

A Concealed weapon is a good thing, too; depending who is Carrying them.

I will Show you an Example:

90 Year Old Man; Fights Off Robbers (Last Year)

I believe all Men are Created Equal; and that Having Guns is a Good thing, but feel free to Disagree.
Carrying a "Big Stick" is a "Good Thing".

I don't think Guns are just for Hunting, but instead they are Tools for "Protecting Your Family", from "Crazy People With Guns".

Of Course, that's all just my Opinion; but it wasn't mine First. : P
I must admit that inadvertently you have made at least one good point...there are plenty of "Crazy People With Guns" out there. I see you are an advocate of teaching by example.

Yet most of those "Crazy People With Guns" are the same ones who rant about not having them taken away.