Toddler shoots mother in Walmart...

Buzzword

This is about the first time I've taken issue with what you post buzz but I do with this. It's excessively harsh as who knows all the circumstances here and she certainly couldn't be expected to think her toddler of a child would shoot her inadvertently even with a round in the chamber. If she made a mistake as you suggest in regards to guns then she paid for it with her life and it's just a tragedy all ends up.

My apologies, AB.

It's a tragedy all around, from the culture which claims more guns are the answer to everything, to this woman's individual situation which made her think owning a gun was necessary, to the circumstances which led to and of her death.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet, you heathen liberals have nothing to say about muslims and what animals they are. You are phony and you have not fooled but a few foolish people.

the love of muslims

Granite

Hall of Fame
The woman was kind of an idiot and we live in a gun-nut country. This kind of thing should be expected.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We both know it wouldn't, but its one of those arguments I here from the gun lobby constantly that makes no sense.

Just because we cannot make the world completely risk free, does not mean we should not do what we can to make it safer.

It is a horrible tragic accident and thankfully rare, but an example of gun accidents that do claim significant lives in the US each year.

However the gun lobby will continue with its inane arguments and avoid addressing the fact that privately owned guns kill an awful lot of Americans every year.

There is a price to pay for freedom. I miss Margaret Thatcher!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hickok45 has never really said what pumpkins and soda bottles did to him, but they sure have payed a terrible price for it.

Dr Thunder is excellent for the money, but sometimes it is bad and needs to be punished. All pumpkins are inherently evil.

This Charming Manc

Thats happened to 1 person in living memory.

Approx 30,000 people die form gunshots in the US per annum.

Also there is not guarantee that a terrorist would not go awol in the US with a firearm which is very unlikley to hapopen here.

The freedom to not get beheaded on the street by fanatics.

Morpheus

I often hear the freedom argument.

But no one has told me what freedoms Gun by you that I don't have in the Uk?

Technically the only freedom they are referring to is the freedom to own guns. The foolishness of that argument is that it can be extrapolated to include anything from full-automatic weapons to nukes. You know, if my Glock makes me free then a tank would make me more free; but then if the gov't says I can't own a nuke are they thereby limiting my freedom. Unless someone actually believes that we should have unlimited access to all armaments, then the question becomes where to draw the line, and what limits we establish for sensible public safety as a society. Personal alleviation of fears has to be weighed against the danger those weapons impose on society at large.

So, for example, just how many of these gun owners have children or teens, and how many of those kids can readily access their parents weapons? Or another question, how many safety precautions are in place to prevent a mentally unstable person, criminal, or even terrorist buying weapons at a gun show? So far the NRA says there should be none.

resodko

BANNED
Banned

link?

according to the cdc:

Assault or Homicide

Data are for the U.S.

Health care use
•Number of emergency department visits for assault: 2.0 million

Source: National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2010 Emergency Department Summary Table, tables 17[PDF - 549 KB]

Mortality

All homicides
•Number of deaths: 16,238
•Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.2

Firearm homicides
•Number of deaths: 11,068

•Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.6

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No, those are not better, why would you think that?

Because you supposed a "freedom to avoid being beheaded by fantatics" as a freedom we have that Britons don't. Just wondering.

Actually, homicide rates, while declining in the U.S., are still much higher than in Great Britain. So, if anything, that's a freedom they have, that we don't.

This isn't a good argument for banning guns, of course.

republicanchick

Thats happened to 1 person in living memory.

re.

just another example of liberal playing fast and loose with the...

the what? the truth? What's that, they ask? and their answer: we make up the truth as it suits us, as it suits our carnal nature, which we have no intention of attempting to overcome any time soon.

so anyway, where was I?

yeh, playing fast and loose w/ the truth, ie your misleading statement about 30,000 people dying from gunshots

one could, if not careful, surmise that you are referring to ACCIDENTAL gun shot wounds since you do not specify. Your wording shows that 30,000 die PERIOD, not just accidental. I question that stat since... a lib quoted it. But even if true, you seem to want to mislead people into believing this is 30,000 accidental deaths

See how the liberals LIE to us???

Pay attention to what you read, Folks... you are being misled, deceived and LIED to over and over and over...

and where do all liars go in the End???

++

This Charming Manc

Because you supposed a "freedom to avoid being beheaded by fantatics" as a freedom we have that Britons don't. Just wondering.

Actually, homicide rates, while declining in the U.S., are still much higher than in Great Britain. So, if anything, that's a freedom they have, that we don't.

This isn't a good argument for banning guns, of course.

Out of interest violent crime seems to dropping right across the western world, this independent of gun laws and changes to legislation.

any ideas why ?