Time for IMJersusha to eat her hat

john w

Hall of Fame
:madmad:

Prove it . . .

No Reformer ever teaches that salvation is obtained or maintained by actions or works of the sinner. None.

Vs.

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow.......A sinner who does not repent of his failings, wrong practices, and foul behavior proves to not belong to God, but manifests he is dead in his sins."-wolf-ette Nag

musterion

The "something more" would be genuine sanctification by the Holy Spirit.

John 15:1-8

Then to say that is "required," which he did, is nonsense, since sanctification is His job to bring it forth in the believer's life. So that's not what the guy was talking about.

But you already know that.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Vs.

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow.......A sinner who does not repent of his failings, wrong practices, and foul behavior proves to not belong to God, but manifests he is dead in his sins."-wolf-ette Nag

Dope . . .

musterion

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow.......A sinner who does not repent of his failings, wrong practices, and foul behavior proves to not belong to God, but manifests he is dead in his sins."

Is this quote accurate, Nang? If so, you do believe in salvation by works...only difference is, you put the works during the believer's walk, not before it begins. But works for salvation is works for salvation. You're no different.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then to say that is "required," which he did, is nonsense, since sanctification is His job to bring it forth in the believer's life. So that's not what the guy was talking about.

But you already know that.

What is "required" to persevere in faith, is the "anointing" of the Holy Spirit. I John 2:18-20

It is too bad you do not understand what you are reading . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Is this quote accurate, Nang? If so, you do believe in salvation by works...only difference is, you put the works during the believer's walk, not before it begins. But works for salvation is works for salvation. You're no different.

Repentance is not a work. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, who converts believers to conform to the image of God.

Romans 8:28-29; I Corinthians 15:49; II Corinthians 3:18; Colossians 3:10

Nang

TOL Subscriber
John wasn't writing to Gentiles like you and I. That was the job Christ gave to Paul.

Ask me how I know that.

I am not interested in why you throw out vital scriptures and fail to realize it does not pertain to you.

Such is false and dangerous teaching . . .

Very, very wrong to refuse to learn from the Apostle John.

musterion

Repentance is not a work. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, who converts believers to conform to the image of God.

You've already said you believe a sinful walk negates a believer's profession of faith. That's part of L.S.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You've already said you believe a sinful walk negates a believer's profession of faith. That's part of L.S.

And to teach that a believer can walk in the darkness of unrepentant sin, apart from any conviction issued by the Holy Spirit against the willful practice of sin, is the wrong and lawless teaching of MAD, described as coming from the spirit of anti-christ in I John 2:18-19.

musterion

And to teach that a believer can walk in the darkness of unrepentant sin, apart from any conviction issued by the Holy Spirit against the willful practice of sin, is the wrong and lawless teaching of MAD, described as coming from the spirit of anti-christ in I John 2:18-19.

Many Corinthians did exactly that, until Paul got on them about it. Yet he never said they were not saved. Not even the guy sleeping with his own mom.

john w

Hall of Fame
Dope . . .

That's the wolf-ette's stunner! Weighty, wicked "lady."

Ooops! Nag just agreed that she is not saved, proving that she does not "belong to God," manifesting that she is "dead" in her sins, as she just exhibited "foul behavior," living her life "wrongly," showed that she has "failings, wrong practices," in calling me a "dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Repent, Nag, as you assert that your fake saviour did not die for all of our "foul behaviors," did not die for our not "living our lives wrongly"(whatever the h that means), did not die for our " failings, wrong practices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Child of the devil.

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow.......A sinner who does not repent of his failings, wrong practices, and foul behavior proves to not belong to God, but manifests he is dead in his sins."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Many Corinthians did exactly that, until Paul got on them about it. Yet he never said they were not saved. Not even the guy sleeping with his own mom.

Your views of Paul's teachings, are out of balance, because you refuse to read all of the Holy Scriptures, and apply all Truth to yourself.

You are picking and choosing what you want to believe, and tossing the rest of God's Word, which is your loss . . . a loss that you seem intent to sell to others.

I consider this to be wicked on your part . . .

john w

Hall of Fame

Vs.

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell..."-"un elect" Nag

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang, do you repent of calling JohnW a dope?

John W is a dope because he quotes me (kinda) while not comprehending what I say.

If he ever said he was sorry for being dopey, I might consider repenting, but he thinks he is too clever and a half . . .

Right Divider

Body part
I am not interested in why you throw out vital scriptures and fail to realize it does not pertain to you.

Such is false and dangerous teaching . . .

Very, very wrong to refuse to learn from the Apostle John.
You might eventually get there.....