This is Evangelism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope. Jesus did not forbid Jews to be preached. Jews rejected Jesus.

Jesus does not force anyone to follow Him.

I am Jesus' follower and I trust everything He said harmonize with all His own word.

I am not Jesus' follower if I doubt His word.

But, you said that, "I don't know if I'm saved?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why doesn't Meshak know if she's saved or not? After all, she preaches to
all of the posters to be obedient to everything Jesus says? She insinuates
that she is obedient all the time? Yet, she doubts if she's saved? Does that
make sense?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
make sense?

Jesus told her to pray the Our Father -

do you pray the Our Father?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
make sense?
The old church divines used "saved" and "conversion" to mean the full expression of God's redemptive plan, the Golden Chain of Redemption: foreknowledge, predestination, calling, regeneration, faith, repentance, justification, union to Christ, adoption, sanctification, and glorification.

Nowadays, "saved" is often taken to mean means that moment of re-birth (regeneration). In other words, it helps to define terms carefully. Using the old paths of ways of speaking, we believers are being "saved" in one sense, in that we have not yet reached our full glory. In another sense, we believers are "saved" in that there can be no doubt we will in fact be glorified. This tension should stir up the faithful in their walk of faith. In fact it does for the true believer.

AMR

Last edited:

lifeisgood

It is clear that you don't like what has to say.

I have nothing more to say to you.

you are on ignore. You are tarnishing this thread with your anti-Christ spirit.

I don't waste time with you who are not interested in Jesus' word.

good day.

BTW, I am evangelizing now. You don't seem to have spirit of evangelism. You cannot discern what is it to be His true servant.

BTW, you are correct, meshak, you don't have spirit of evangelism.
You gave up on evangelizing me because you did not like a couple of responses I gave you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You people need to know Jesus is the Lord of judgment.

He is the one who gives judgment who are saved or not. The judgment day is not here yet. You should get rid of your pride or self assurance by boasting "I am saved".

Jesus is the Judge of that, not anyone else.

Arrogance is not of Jesus.

blessings.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

He is the one who gives judgment who are saved or not. The judgment day is not here yet. You should get rid of your pride or self assurance by boasting "I am saved".

What did Jesus die for?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Living the gospel.......

Living the gospel.......

Matthew 28:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So far so good,...although there is some controversy about the above 'Trinitarian baptismal formula' being an 'interpolation', but that's another subject :)

See: Is Matt. 28:19 spurious?

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And this is the "kicker",....the apostles being commissioned to teach all that Jesus taught them,....but what does that teaching include/entail? - and do we have all that Jesus taught really contained in the gospel records? There are other non-canonical texts and records that also claim to be Jesus teaching.

Also,...consider that many today are teachings Paul's gospel as the gospel of salvation, which is supposedly for this dispensation, a message to Gentiles and Jews, a new 'spin' on things if you will. While Jesus seems to have taught his gospel focusing on the principles in the law and prophets, parables with wisdom teachings, sayings (Beatitudes, etc.), focusing on the kingdom of heaven in our midst, and God being our Father and we his children,....Paul takes it further with his own personal revelations and 'terms' of salvation. While some notice a difference between Jesus and Paul's teaching (gospel), some reconcile or accept the differences (synthesizing them), while others keeping more to Jesus teachings...reject Paul more or less.

Anyways,....how far 'evangelism' is effective is open to speculation, beyond 'living the gospel' before others in example and service. That would be enough, and a 'church' or 'fellowship' that supports 'living the gospel and sharing it' would be fine as well, if its a healthy, balanced, reasonable and dynamic community, living the principles found in the gospel.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Many of us people know that.

He is the one who gives judgment who are saved or not.

Yes, He does indeed.

The heart-knowing GOD recognizes faith in the heart and seals for eternity the true believer with the Holy-Spirit.

The judgment day is not here yet.

There's more than one judgement.

Your sins were judged and payed for on the cross two-thousand years ago.
There is a final judgement coming in the future where those who have not accepted GOD's free gift of salvation will be judged according to their works. No one's personal righteousness will measure up to that of Christ's righteousness and those people will be cast in the lake of fire.

You should get rid of your pride or self assurance by boasting "I am saved".

Those who are not presently saved typically do not understand grace and it generally appears to them that those who claim a present salvation are either boasting in themselves or are claiming 'cheap grace'.
None of us who claim a present and eternal salvation are boasting of any personal accomplishment but are only giving glory to the Lord Jesus for the work that He accomplished on the cross for us.
Jesus is the Judge of that, not anyone else.

The Lord Jesus has judged declared those who trust in Him justified(declared not guilty).

Arrogance is not of Jesus.

The greatest arrogance is of those who foolishly believe that they can improve on what Christ did on the cross by their own personal righteousness. This attitude does not glorify Him but despises His unspeakable gift.

blessings.

May you come to be blessed in truly knowing Him and what He has already done for you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And this is the "kicker",....the apostles being commissioned to teach all that Jesus taught them,....but what does that teaching include/entail? - and do we have all that Jesus taught really contained in the gospel records?
I believe we do. Jesus is and was perfect Teacher. If He did not teach us fully, He is not perfect Teacher. It is just common sense.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your sins were judged

If we repent and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our former sins are forgiven.

The greatest arrogance is of those who foolishly believe that they can improve on what Christ did on the cross by their own personal righteousness. This attitude does not glorify Him but despises His unspeakable gift.

That where you guys go so wrong. You assume too much and wrongly. No one says we can improve anything by ourselves. All good things comes from God. We cannot do anything good.

But God is merciful, He will grant us to be perfect and help us to be closer to God if we are true followers with our word and actions.

PS, you should not forget that no one perfect. Please consider this fact in your judgments.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If we repent and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our former sins are forgiven.

If your present and future sins are not presently forgiven, then there is no mechanism by which they can be forgiven.
Christ is not going back to the cross to pay for more.
He payed the price in full, once and for all.

That where you guys go so wrong. You assume too much and wrongly. No one says we can improve anything by ourselves. All good things comes from God. We cannot do anything good.

People are constantly relying on their own works and self-righteousness with which they believe they can earn GOD's approval and assure themselves a future salvation.

But God is merciful, He will grant us to be perfect and help us to be closer to God if we are true followers with our word and actions.

We are complete in Him. He is our sufficiency.

PS, you should not forget that no one perfect. Please consider this fact in your judgments.

No one is perfect in this flesh.
We are only complete/perfect in Him.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD."

Saving righteousness is imputed righteousness.