THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO NOT TRUST IN OSAS.

fzappa13

I wasn't here, but would have answered the same. Beloved saints like SaulToPaul or Right Divider speak the same thing, are of the same mind and of the same judgment as I (1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV). They are free to answer something directed at me any time they want!

Actually, they have points on which they agree and points on which they don't and I think that healthy. I find clumps of people following each other around being each others choir a little disturbing and that usually only holds up for very limited and specific doctrines. Get outside said doctrines and unanimity gets a bit dicey ... which is ok with some and a skeleton in the closet to be hidden for others.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Actually, they have points on which they agree and points on which they don't and I think that healthy. I find clumps of people following each other around being each others choir a little disturbing and that usually only holds up for very limited and specific doctrines. Get outside said doctrines and unanimity gets a bit dicey ... which is ok with some and a skeleton in the closet to be hidden for others.
Paul beseeches us to:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Those who do hold fast the form of sound words of Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) are walking worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called: endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

You should not find it disturbing. You should endevour the same!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Let's begin to test that you rightly divide the word of truth.

Q1 What is it?
Q2 How do we rightly divide it?
Q3 Do you believe that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time? (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)
silence from "AMR"

fzappa13

Paul beseeches us to:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Yes, and he also said this:

Acts 20: 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

He did not lie. He told the truth. It happened as he said it would. And so here were are. He also said this:

1Cor 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

As they are the words of Paul I know you know what comes next. Long story short, we know nothing now as we should but each of us has our own talent and piece of the puzzle as it were. We can either share it or retreat to a corner and insist all who are not hands, feet, ears, etc. are not of the body because they are not hands, feet, ears etc. The choice is ours. Choose well.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
silence from "AMR"

You assumed the affirmative, the burden is yours alone.

If you have something to say in support of your implied position, then put an argument forward that I can work with. It's not my job to make your argument for you. Do not be an intellectual freeloader hiding behind puerile whack-a-mole games.

AMR

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, and he also said this:

Acts 20: 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Those who speak against eternal security fit into that category! Are you a wolf?

As they are the words of Paul I know you know what comes next. Long story short, we know nothing now as we should but each of us has our own talent and piece of the puzzle as it were. We can either share it or retreat to a corner and insist all who are not hands, feet, ears, etc. are not of the body because they are not hands, feet, ears etc. The choice is ours. Choose well.
What a load! We can know!

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You assumed the affirmative, the burden is yours alone.

If you have something to say in support of your implied position, then put an argument forward that I can work with. It's not my job to make your argument for you. Do not be an intellectual freeloader hiding behind puerile whack-a-mole games.

AMR
AMR has no answers. He's just religious.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those who speak against eternal security fit into that category! Are you a wolf?

What a load! We can know!

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

ZAP is a very troubled person.

heir

TOL Subscriber
James 1:19

“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:” You would do well to emulate him in this.
vs Paul
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

heir

TOL Subscriber
James was writing to the scattered sheep of Israel. Learn how to rightly divide.
If only AMR would tell him what it is we are to rightly divide and how, but AMR is waiting for me to give him the answers he doesn't have. AMR is in rebellion against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. His posts are a MUDdy mess.

fzappa13

vs Paul
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I hate to be the one to break this to you dear but, you are not Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I hate to be the one to break this to you dear but, you are not Paul.
And you are not

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

We're to follow Paul, "dear".

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And you are not

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

We're to follow Paul, "dear".

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Amen.

fzappa13

These men fight eternal security because they go outside of Paul or take what Paul said out of the context it was said. Either way, it is rebellion against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV (something they refuse to even define).

Well, yeah, why follow Jesus when you've got Paul?

:rolleyes: