The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is the definition of a HUMAN person.
Yep.
The word 'person' can be used in a narrow sense and broad sense.
'Person' can refer to a single individual person in the narrow sense or a single group unity of several individual persons in the broad sense.
This broad sense of 'person' is frequently used in legal declarations, such as: The State of New York vs. ATT&T Corporation.

Even in scripture we have this broad sense utilized, as the people (plural) of Jerusalem (singular) are spoken of as a person that is a unity of several individual persons.

Ezekiel 16
(3) And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
(4) And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
(5) None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

To get all hung up on the word 'person' and only use it in the narrow sense is disingenuous to the argument.

God's Truth

So, popsthebuilder, you are confirming that you fellowship with gt's doctrine.

This is what you, popsthebuilder, are fellowshipping with:
- gt says, that Jesus was water baptized so that gt could be dunked in water.

- gt says, Jesus is the Father with a physical body.

- gt says, Jesus is the Holy Spirit with a physical body.

- gt says, God the Father is called a Son.

- gt says, The Holy Spirit is Jesus with a physical body.

- gt says, James preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.

- gt says, Jesus has TWO bodies.

- gt claims Christ took on a body in heaven that she claims He had BEFORE His incarnation.

- gt claims that the Lord took on a PREINCARNATE body AFTER His resurrection and that it is the resurrection body.

You, popsthebuilder, will probably say you agree with all of gt's doctrine as you have said that you agree that an UNbeliever can OBEY when he/she has NEVER HEARD the gospel of salvation.

So, I would have to assume that you are not in fellowship with Romans 3:10-12,Psalm 14:1-3,Psalm 53:1-3.
You got the two body thing skewed.

However, since you do not agree with my beliefs, you have the chance to persuade me of the truth by answering these two things...if you can answer them, then you will have convinced me.

I will accept your doctrine of the trinity as truth, if you can convince me with scripture and explanation:

1. How is it that Jesus came from heaven if his flesh is man's and his spirit is man's?

2. You say that the Father is a Spirit, the Son is a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit. That makes three different Spirits. The Bible says there is one. How do you rectify your obvious defiance of the truth about there being one Spirit?

God's Truth

T R I N I T A R I A N S

T R I N I T A R I A N S

ATTENTION ANY AND ALL TRINITARIAN DOCTRINE TEACHERS:

Now is your chance. I will accept your doctrine of the trinity as truth, if you can convince me with scripture and explanation:

1. How is it that Jesus came from heaven if his flesh is man's and his spirit is man's?

2. You say that the Father is a Spirit, the Son is a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit. That makes three different Spirits. The Bible says there is one. How do you rectify your obvious defiance of the truth about there being one Spirit?

God's Truth

Can you not see what you yourself say write popsthebuilder?

Your response says that you DO NOT fellowship with

Your response, gt:

However, you, popsthebuilder, say that you fellowship with that kind of doctrine and then say that you do not agree with it.

Get a grip, popsthebuilder, either agree wholeheartedly with gt's false doctrine or agree wholeheartedly with the Bible, for my Bible says (I do not know what yours say) that a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Was Jesus water baptized? Yes or No.

Was Paul water baptized? Yes or No.

Are we to emulate Jesus, and emulate Paul emulate Jesus? Yes or No.

God's Truth

And more attempted contention.

Why is it that you ignore what is written about loving your neighbor, and GOD.

Perhaps you haven't noticed her change though you note her words solely to condemn her, but I do observe and do see. We are not to cut away from those who sincerely seek to please the Lord.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I do not understand what you are saying about my 'changing'.

I have always looked for love here on this site and have given it.

So what has changed?

I have always been kind to everyone here.

So what has changed?

My love and kindness has not changed, and my doctrine has not changed.

With all due respect, what is it that you think has changed?

God's Truth

From what I see from pops, where we differ, or from where he needs to study more and possibly be corrected is:

All men whether saved or not have a spirit inside of them that lives on after the death of their bodies.

Jesus isn't God just because he spoke the words of God, because we have in the Bible many people who spoke the words of God and are not God.

So then, pops should consider studying more about the spirit of humans ceasing to exist just because their physical body has; and, he should consider that Jesus was the Holy Spirit before he was ever water baptized.

Where is your sense, all you who say Jesus wasn't God by way of having His Holy Spirit before water baptism?

How do you ever get that a thirty three year old regular,...no, even an extraordinary man did not sin not even once ever by the time he was thirty three?

Think.

Jesus started his earthly ministry at the age of 33.

He was without sin EVER.

Go think some more trinity doctrine believers, and even those who think Jesus was not God while he walked the earth.

Yes, even you my brother and friend, pops.

How could I say I love you but not tell you the truth? Unless of course I would think that you would only trample it.

Go think some more.

God's Truth

Yes, I am serious Mr. Childish.

Well ... how could you go wrong with a simple Google search?

Indeed and the Father and the Son speak just that way about each other.

The attributes of personality are NOT limited to humans. But I understand that you must maintain your childish approach to the discussion.

You madists cannot change the English language, and you cannot manipulate the Hebrew and Greek.

There is only one gospel of Jesus Christ.

There is one kingdom of God and the Son.

Humans are to repent of their sins.

There is one God and He is the Father. Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the Father come as a man in the flesh.

God's Truth

Nope.
The Son was with the Father, and the Father sent the Son as scripture says.

The Father from the beginning made Himself a body of the man Jesus in the the resurrected CHANGED body FIRST, and then made the whole world through him, for him, and by him. Jesus was not just raised as Lazarus was; Jesus went to heaven and was changed in a twinkling of the eye to what is corruptible. Jesus was given the SPIRITUAL PHYSICAL BODY that will replace our human body that dies. Lazarus was raised from the dead, but he was still only given his flesh body that will die again. DO YOU THINK LAZARUS PROCEEDED CHRIST IN DEATH and RESURRECTION? Jesus is the FIRST.

Jesus is the First and the Last. The Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Father from the beginning made Himself a body of the man Jesus in the the resurrected body FIRST, and then made the whole world through him, for him, and by him.
Totally made up and against what scripture reveals.
You hate what scripture says and continue to follow your father in twisting and distorting scripture.

lifeisgood

And more attempted contention.

oh, c'mon popsthebuilder.

Why is it that you ignore what is written about loving your neighbor, and GOD.

If I ignored it I would have stopped talking to you and gt a long, long time ago.

Perhaps you haven't noticed her change...

Oh, I have noticed her change where she says that God the Father is Jesus with a physical body, for starters and she keeps on doubling down on it and excoriate all who do no agree with her changed doctrine. Have you not noticed that?

...though you note her words solely to condemn her, but I do observe and do see. We are not to cut away from those who sincerely seek to please the Lord.

I note her false doctrine and I will contend with her false doctrine. Now, you, popsthebuilder, can bow to gt's 'God the Father is Jesus with a physical body' false doctrine for starters if you so desire.

God's Truth

Totally made up and against what scripture reveals.
You hate what scripture says and continue to follow your father in twisting and distorting scripture.

I can prove all my beliefs with scripture and I can explain them plainly.

You, instead of asking me for the scriptures, and instead of engaging me in discussion---you merely try to kill and destroy with your hateful words.

God's Truth

oh, c'mon popsthebuilder.

If I ignored it I would have stopped talking to you and gt a long, long time ago.

Oh, I have noticed her change where she says that God the Father is Jesus with a physical body, for starters and she keeps on doubling down on it and excoriate all who do no agree with her changed doctrine. Have you not noticed that?

I note her false doctrine and I will contend with her false doctrine. Now, you, popsthebuilder, can bow to gt's 'God the Father is Jesus with a physical body' false doctrine for starters if you so desire.

Even though pops stands up for me, as a brother should, and I love him for that...I still love him by speaking the truth to him when I correct him, even though I don't agree with some of the things that he believes or does not believe. I think he has potential to repent and learn, more than you are showing for yourself.

The written Word of God warns us to watch our lives and doctrine closely.

If anyone wants to be abusive, then they have not watched their life closely. If anyone falls into false doctrines, then they could hurt themselves.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

You got most of that right about what you say I said; except for the part about Jesus having two bodies. Unless you count his Spirit as one body and his physical body as another.

You, gt, have said this:
He had his resurrected Spiritual BODY FIRST BEFORE he had a flesh body.

FALSE DOCTRINE!!!!!!

Jesus DID NOT have a body with nail scars in it BEFORE He became flesh. His RESURRECTED body did.

lifeisgood

I do not understand what you are saying about my 'changing'.

I have always looked for love here on this site and have given it.

So what has changed?

I have always been kind to everyone here.

So what has changed?

My love and kindness has not changed, and my doctrine has not changed.

With all due respect, what is it that you think has changed?

gt's honey moon is over popsthebuilder. :chuckle: