The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

You, gt, have said this:

FALSE DOCTRINE!!!!!!

Jesus DID NOT have a body with nail scars in it BEFORE He became flesh. His RESURRECTED body did.

Jesus' body was RAISED FROM THE DEAD, not unlike Lazarus was raised; except Jesus had something more going on with himself---he ascended to the Father and was given a RESURRECTED SPIRITUAL BODY. That body is the body he had before coming to earth. He is the First and the Last. WE ARE SAVED THROUGH HIS BODY. We are PUT IN his body as our being saved and reconciled to God. Jesus had that body FIRST AND THE WHOLE CREATION WAS MADE THROUGH THAT BODY.

Think.

Lazarus and others were raised after dying, but they were raised with, and kept, the body that will die again.

When we are raised at the resurrection, we will be given a new kind of body. We will not just be raised with our old body.

popsthebuilder

No.

Whether or not man perceives of the three personal subsistences does not obviate that they exist, and have existed eternally.

No: God said it. I believe it. That settles it. <-- a popular bumper sticker in need of correction.

Yes: God said it. That settles it.

AMR
What? I was simply asking for your definition of subsistence, or rather if it was synonymous with existence please?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Another childish misdirection.

How about we go with the commonly known version of the trinity doctrine instead of ALL the straw-man versions that you keep presenting for destruction?

This is the very basics of the doctrine of the trinity, all of which can be clearly shown from scripture:

• One God.
  • The Father is God.
  • The Son is God.
  • The Holy Spirit is God.
  • The Father is not the Son.
  • The Father is not the Holy Spirit.
  • The Son is not the Father.
  • The Son is not the Holy Spirit.
  • The Holy Spirit is not the Father.
  • The Holy Spirit is not the Son.
These are some of the straw-man arguments that you and others present which are NOT part of the trinity doctrine:
  • Three Gods.
  • The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each 1/3 God.
  • -- Go ahead and add more here if you like... since the are NOT part of the doctrine of the trinity.
We disagree, as I see the Spirit as GOD and as such, GOD as the Spirit. This too is the selfsame Spirit that filled the Christ.

The rest of what you said in reference to the trinity was seemingly scriptural.

Or perhaps you would like to show that the GOD isn't the Spirit with scripture?

lifeisgood

Jesus' body was RAISED FROM THE DEAD, not unlike Lazarus was raised; except Jesus had something more going on with himself---he ascended to the Father and was given a RESURRECTED SPIRITUAL BODY. That body is the body he had before coming to earth. He is the First and the Last. WE ARE SAVED THROUGH HIS BODY. We are PUT IN his body as our being saved and reconciled to God. Jesus had that body FIRST AND THE WHOLE CREATION WAS MADE THROUGH THAT BODY.

Think.

Lazarus and others were raised after dying, but they were raised with, and kept, the body that will die again.

When we are raised at the resurrection, we will be given a new kind of body. We will not just be raised with our old body.

Jesus DID NOT have a body with nail scars in it BEFORE He became flesh. His RESURRECTED body did.

popsthebuilder

Yep.
The word 'person' can be used in a narrow sense and broad sense.
'Person' can refer to a single individual person in the narrow sense or a single group unity of several individual persons in the broad sense.
This broad sense of 'person' is frequently used in legal declarations, such as: The State of New York vs. ATT&T Corporation.

Even in scripture we have this broad sense utilized, as the people (plural) of Jerusalem (singular) are spoken of as a person that is a unity of several individual persons.

Ezekiel 16
(3) And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
(4) And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
(5) None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

To get all hung up on the word 'person' and only use it in the narrow sense is disingenuous to the argument.
Did you notice how the verses you quoted were speaking of people and not GOD?

God's Truth

gt's honey moon is over popsthebuilder. :chuckle:

No. I will always love him, just as I love you.

Pops has said absolutely false things in the past, and as far as I can see he hasn't repented of them yet, at least not publicly; yet, I still love him. He has went against someone before for putting down the Islamic religion, as if they had truth. That is a horrific falsehood. I still am glad when he does right and stands up against you for constantly verbally abusing me.

I will always still correct him when he is in error, but I do not wish to demean him and call him an idiot and liar, as most do.

Right Divider

Body part
We disagree, as I see the Spirit as GOD and as such, GOD as the Spirit. This too is the selfsame Spirit that filled the Christ.
100% trinity doctrine compatible.

The rest of what you said in reference to the trinity was seemingly scriptural.
How kind.

Or perhaps you would like to show that the GOD isn't the Spirit with scripture?
Another false accusation?

I have never said or hinted at any such thing and neither does the doctrine of the trinity.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can prove all my beliefs with scripture and I can explain them plainly.

You, instead of asking me for the scriptures, and instead of engaging me in discussion---you merely try to kill and destroy with your hateful words.
Already seen your twisted explanations and they are bunk.
No need to go over all your bunk again to see that it is bunk.

God's Truth

100% trinity doctrine compatible.

How kind.

Another false accusation?

I have never said or hinted at any such thing and neither does the doctrine of the trinity.

You are confusing pops because you SEPARATE the word 'Father' and the word 'God'!!!

Then when you feel like being a mystery defender, you say the Father is Spirit.

You PREACH CONFUSION and it is NOT from God!

You say one thing and then another.

You trinity teachers don't even correct other trinitarians believers because you are not sure what you believe! You all resort to saying it is admirable to not understand it because God is not understandable.

What a twisted perverted mess.

God's Truth

You've done it ever since you came here.
If you are now going to sit there and claim you have never called anyone a liar here is just more of you making up stuff.

If you call me a liar, I know that you are an untruthful person.

It is not wrong to defend oneself, as I do.

You are a twister of anything decent and lovely.

God's Truth

The gospel Jesus taught and sent the circumcision apostles to baptize folks.
The gospel Jesus taught Paul did not include sending him to baptize folks. 1 Cor 1:17

Things that differ are not the same.

Paul himself was water baptized. Imitate Paul why don't you?

Paul did baptize others; but then let Apollo or others do the actual water baptizing.

Paul preached water baptism.