The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Still oblivious to what anyone actually says.
The Holy Spirit is one person.

Guess we are all just going to have to keep waiting for you to read what your reading.
So is that person the fullness of GOD by himself? Or do the three combine forces?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

I must admit that it is hard for me to accept that the Spirit of GOD had to grow or learn. But it does say that He grew and waxed strong in spirit.

You caught it, but you'll give it up because she will squash you like a little bug.

All human beings have a spirit of their very own. Paul tells us we have a spirit, soul, and body of our very own. Some combine the spirit/soul of man - both are the unseen inner man.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Here we see Jesus' mother, Mary, had a soul and a spirit as well as her body of flesh.

Luke 1:46-47
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.​

The fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Him, but He had His own human spirit as well.

Luke 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

Luke 2:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.​

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

Jesus was like unto us in all things. He had an inner man with emotions, will, and a spirit with which He was able to commune with the Spirit of God.

Or, just keep swallowing the boloney she dishes out. :idunno:

glorydaz

No no no.

You seem to envy the fellowship that her and I seem to enjoy at this time.

Seriously? She and I had fellowship at one time, and I sure don't envy you that. :eek:

I couldn't even hint at correcting her before she flew into a flaming rage.

No, no, you can keep her all to yourself. :wave2:

I have plenty of wonderful godly believers I can fellowship with.

God's Truth

Seriously? She and I had fellowship at one time, and I sure don't envy you that. :eek:

I couldn't even hint at correcting her before she flew into a flaming rage.

No, no, you can keep her all to yourself. :wave2:

I have plenty of wonderful godly believers I can fellowship with.

I did not fly into a rage, ever. That is nothing like me what you are saying.

You acted like a friend to me, and we private messaged each other, and you posted those private messages publcally. You not only betrayed me the worst way you could, you constantly verbally abuse me and say untruths about me.

God's Truth

You caught it, but you'll give it up because she will squash you like a little bug.

All human beings have a spirit of their very own. Paul tells us we have a spirit, soul, and body of our very own. Some combine the spirit/soul of man - both are the unseen inner man.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Here we see Jesus' mother, Mary, had a soul and a spirit as well as her body of flesh.

Luke 1:46-47
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.​

The fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Him, but He had His own human spirit as well.

Luke 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

Luke 2:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.​

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

Jesus was like unto us in all things. He had an inner man with emotions, will, and a spirit with which He was able to commune with the Spirit of God.

Or, just keep swallowing the boloney she dishes out. :idunno:

God the Father is Spirit. He sent His Spirit in the flesh of Jesus, in the womb of Mary. God the Father came as a man. He lived and grew as all humans do.

What I said is scriptural because it is HOW Jesus came from heaven, and how there is only one Spirit, and how Jesus is God.

God's Truth

You seriously think I am envious of you, Pops?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You are so proud, you actually think others envy you.

Will wonders never cease? As if we needed more proof than we already have.

You are nothing like Christ.

Jesus says to think of others as more important than yourself.

God's Truth

Good grief, how many times does this have to be explained?
"Gospel" means "good news" in contrast to bad news.
There are several instances of good news all throughout scripture.
There is also several instances of bad news all throughout scripture.

Do you really want to keep saying Paul taught another gospel?

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Mark 1:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

God's Truth

I must admit that it is hard for me to accept that the Spirit of GOD had to grow or learn.

Well, the one and only God the Father came as a man; men have to grow and learn.

But it does say that He grew and waxed strong in spirit.

Right.

I also do not understand how He pleased the Spirit of GOD by being the Spirit of GOD,

God really came as a man. As a man he had to obey and please his Father.

but it seems to me that He abided by the Spirit. To me the Spirit was surely in Him, prior to baptism, but it perhaps didn't wholly fill Him until baptism,

Right. When Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit, he was given power for his earthly ministry.

Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to the apostles before they received the Holy Spirit with power too; they received the Holy Spirit with power before they started their earthly ministry.

as he was tempted, and did please GOD.

Jesus was tempted in the desert.
He experienced what it was for humans to be tempted.

these things interest me.

I know we can discuss them with mutual civility. I don't believe it to be salvific; so if you don't want to discuss it, that is fine too. It is curious though to say the least.

peace

You are my brother and my friend. I can discuss this civilly. I am so glad that you are interested. Jesus wants us to be like minded, as we are, and hopefully will become more and more.

We are also to add to our faith knowledge.

2 Peter 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

And, from knowledge comes self-control.

2 Peter 1:6
and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

When we gain knowledge, we have more peace.

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

God's Truth

Which is why we wrestle against you, minister of satan. Nothing personal...it's your employer we detest.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.​

Seriously, this is a spiritual battle we're waging, and you are the enemy who preaches a false gospel and perverts the word of God....blaspheming His very nature with your wild eyed claims.

I live in the realm of the Spirit.

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

God's Truth

Spirits can NOT be seen.
Spirit are invisible; sometimes they are seen.

What an active imagination. The only part of man that can be seen is the body.

Even the apostles thought Jesus was a ghost/spirit.

Jesus has a human spirit as all men do. That the Holy Spirit (indeed the entire Godhead) dwelt in Jesus' body is a separate matter altogether.
Jesus came from heaven.
Jesus is God come in the flesh.
There is only one divine Spirit.

God's Truth

Yep, it's serious. You don't know that God is a spirit and is comprised of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Father is Spirit. The Son is Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Spirit. There is only one Spirit.

The Father is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light (1 Timothy 6:16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.)

God the Father made Himself a body, and this is Jesus, the firstborn over all creation. The Father made the plan for salvation to be through the body of Jesus. The Father made the plan before the creation of anything, and then He made everything through Jesus.

The Son is the only One of the three who took on human flesh. He, too, was a spirit before He took on human flesh. AMAZING, isn't it?

Wow. I finally got you to say what you claim Jesus was before coming to earth.
Jesus was Spirit before coming to earth.
There is only one Spirit.

YOU JUST MADE THREE DIFFERENT AND SEPARATE GODS and you call them one.

You say the Father is Spirit; you say Jesus is ANOTHER AND DIFFERENT Spirit; you say the Holy Spirit is yet another separate and different Spirit.

That makes THREE DIFFERENT and SEPARATE Gods.

God's Truth

Those are very strong words to me sister. It is good to feel appreciated, and very good indeed for one to both notice and speak against what they know is wrong for the sake of each and every one of us. Thank you very much for for your words. Your stark contrast to the majority is welcome, but let it not take a back seat to the motivation you help to instill in me with your steadfast words in those things you know in and of the Lord and how they relate to each of us for our very sake.

peace

These words are like gold. I am not used to such like mindedness and true kindness in the Lord from another. I thank God that I have the opportunity to experience this and to learn how to be more comfortable with this, since I have long ago accepted the meanness and conflict from others as a normal way of life.

lifeisgood

popsthebuilder

Really, popsthebuilder?

So, you, popsthebuilder believe like gt that Jesus was water baptized so that you can be dunked in water?

Your response, gt:
He was baptised for a sign to man as far as I can tell.

I'm not too sure that His baptism is a salvific issue though, so why the attempt at strife and to start contention? That's is really rhetorical if you are wondering.

lifeisgood

No no no.

You seem to envy the fellowship that her and I seem to enjoy at this time.

So, popsthebuilder, you are confirming that you fellowship with gt's doctrine.

This is what you, popsthebuilder, are fellowshipping with:
- gt says, that Jesus was water baptized so that gt could be dunked in water.

- gt says, Jesus is the Father with a physical body.

- gt says, Jesus is the Holy Spirit with a physical body.

- gt says, God the Father is called a Son.

- gt says, The Holy Spirit is Jesus with a physical body.

- gt says, James preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.

- gt says, Jesus has TWO bodies.

- gt claims Christ took on a body in heaven that she claims He had BEFORE His incarnation.

- gt claims that the Lord took on a PREINCARNATE body AFTER His resurrection and that it is the resurrection body.

You, popsthebuilder, will probably say you agree with all of gt's doctrine as you have said that you agree that an UNbeliever can OBEY when he/she has NEVER HEARD the gospel of salvation.

You, lifeisggod, asked if I thought as gt does, that unbelievers can obey GOD while in unbelief.

For your sake I would honestly answer is a resounding yes.

So, I would have to assume that you are not in fellowship with Romans 3:10-12,Psalm 14:1-3,Psalm 53:1-3.