The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

tell me oh great teacher,

Hating the messenger is as old as the hills.

You are, admittedly, a recent seeker. Have you forgotten you've claimed you don't know many things?

Please answer the questions about the broad path, and many/ few.

The broad path has led to the big tent of Grace, but you don't listen to how you can access that Grace.

Put off your pride, pops. We all had to do it. It won't kill you.

But, not listening will.

God's Truth

Hating the messenger is as old as the hills.

You are, admittedly, a recent seeker. Have you forgotten you've claimed you don't know many things?

The broad path has led to the big tent of Grace, but you don't listen to how you can access that Grace.

Put off your pride, pops. We all had to do it. It won't kill you.

But, not listening will.

Who told you that you had to do it? There lies a big part of the problem...

popsthebuilder

Hi Pops,

I was wondering what you meant about a temporary temple. Are you talking about a building or the body of Christ?

Thanks.
Both, but technically the temple was never meant to be considered a building.

The physical body is temporal.

I know we disagree on this and would like to study it with you.

I admit that I never did really study the specific scripture you provided regarding the saved having physical bodies in heaven after death with that notion in mind beforehand.

I look forward to discussing it and maybe learning something too.

peace

God's Truth

Both, but technically the temple was never meant to be considered a building.
What do you mean? The earthly temples were buildings, and before that it was a tent.
The physical body is temporal.

Do you agree that Jesus is the temple and that we too are temples, except that our bodies will be left to decay and Jesus' did not?

I know we disagree on this and would like to study it with you.
It sounds like a familiar discussion. I am sorry if I do not remember it well. Let's discuss this again.
I admit that I never did really study the specific scripture you provided regarding the saved having physical bodies in heaven after death with that notion in mind beforehand.
I have not ever said we have physical bodies in heaven after we die. I have said our spirits live on and go to either heaven or prison/hell.
I look forward to discussing it and maybe learning something too.

peace

I am very interested in learning more about what you believe about this and why.

glorydaz

glorydaz

What do you mean? The earthly temples were buildings, and before that it was a tent.

Do you agree that Jesus is the temple and that we too are temples, except that our bodies will be left to decay and Jesus' did not?

It sounds like a familiar discussion. I am sorry if I do not remember it well. Let's discuss this again.

I have not ever said we have physical bodies in heaven after we die. I have said our spirits live on and go to either heaven or prison/hell.

I am very interested in learning more about what you believe about this and why.

You two need to take it to your own thread. ...:mario:...:peach:

This thread is about our Triune God, and you have proven you don't know HIM.

God's Truth

Here the Liar comes....marching right up Front Street for all to see. :loser:

Just because you call him divine does not mean you did not say his spirit was not divine.

YOU said his spirit was NOT divine.

So are you saying his flesh was but not his spirit?

You can't say he is divine and say but his spirit and flesh were not divine, glorydaze.

glorydaz

Just because you call him divine does not mean you did not say his spirit was not divine.

YOU said his spirit was NOT divine.

So are you saying his flesh was but not his spirit?

You can't say he is divine and say but his spirit and flesh were not divine, glorydaze.

Can't admit you lied, can you?

So instead you double down on stupid.

You clearly do no understand what it means that God became flesh.

You think he just put skin over His deity and called it done. Silly GT. You have so much to learn. But, alas, no ears with which you might hear.

God's Truth

Can't admit you lied, can you?

So instead you double down on stupid.

You clearly do no understand what it means that God became flesh.

You think he just put skin over His deity and called it done. Silly GT. You have so much to learn. But, alas, no ears with which you might hear.

I don't lie.

You can't stop your self from slandering can you?

YOU SAID Jesus' human spirit is NOT DIVINE.

Let me guess how you are going to get out of this one...

glorydaz

Glorydaz said Jesus' human spirit was not divine, but claim yes Jesus was divine. LOL

Yes, I understand it's foolishness to you.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

The "preaching of the cross" MUST speak to the entirety of the humanity of Christ.

Unless you understand that, you will forever wander through this maze of spirits and dead souls in which you find yourself.

God's Truth

Yes, I understand it's foolishness to you.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

The "preaching of the cross" MUST speak to the entirety of the humanity of Christ.

Unless you understand that, you will forever wander through this maze of spirits and dead souls in which you find yourself.

You said Jesus' human spirit was not divine! Unbelievable.

So Jesus' spirit was not divine, according to you, but he is divine because you say so. lol

You can't have it both ways.

If you say his spirit and flesh are not divine, then he is not divine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is ONLY ONE GOD and He is the Father.

There is no one besides the Father or like Him.

That is what the scriptures say.

You are wrong as usual

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

glorydaz

I don't lie.

You can't stop your self from slandering can you?

YOU SAID Jesus' human spirit is NOT DIVINE.

Let me guess how you are going to get out of this one...

Seriously? Do you see the words "human spirit"?

A human spirit is NOT, nor can it ever be, a DIVINE SPIRIT.

Human things belong to humans and Divine things belong to God.

Jesus was both human and divine. His humanity and deity did NOT co-mingle.

I'm really amazing myself at my great patience with you GT. :banana:

God's Truth

You are wrong as usual

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

That scripture is one of the scriptures I use to prove the Father and the Son are the EXACT same.

We are only given one Spirit, yet, the Father AND Jesus live in the saved. Think about it.