The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Seriously? Do you see the words "human spirit"?

A human spirit is NOT, nor can it ever be, a DIVINE SPIRIT.

Human things belong to humans and Divine things belong to God.

Jesus was both human and divine. His humanity and deity did NOT co-mingle.

I'm really amazing myself at my great patience with you GT. :banana:

All the saved have the Holy Spirit living inside them and it does not make us divine.

YOU SAID Jesus' human spirit was NOT divine. Just having the Holy Spirit does not make one divine.

You can't get out of it.

And what in the world are you talking about saying Jesus didn't co mingle with the Holy Spirit?

Do you just make up this stuff as you go along?

I tell you, you say things against the other trinitarians here, you all contradict each other.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That scripture is one of the scriptures I use to prove the Father and the Son are the EXACT same.

We are only given one Spirit, yet, the Father AND Jesus live in the saved. Think about it.

Sorry, the verse is in the plural.

John 14:23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

God's Truth

Sorry, the verse is in the plural.

John 14:23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

That is right, there are THREE, and the THREE are exactly the same.

glorydaz

All the saved have the Holy Spirit living inside them and it does not make us divine.

True. And we also have our own spirit through which we communicate with the Spirit of God who dwells in us.

YOU SAID Jesus' human spirit was NOT divine.

True. And my human spirit is NOT divine, either.

Just having the Holy Spirit does not make one divine.

Sure doesn't. I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, and I am not Divine.

You can't get out of it.

IT? What is this "IT" you think I'm in? :popcorn:

God's Truth

The three are not the same but different in person. That is your error miss modalist.

I am not a modalist.

The three are the same.

Jesus ONLY SAYS what the Father says, and he only DOES what the Father does.

Think about it some more.

When one speaks, so does the other two.

God's Truth

True. And we also have our own spirit through which we communicate with the Spirit of God who dwells in us.

True. And my human spirit is NOT divine, either.

Sure doesn't. I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, and I am not Divine.

IT? What is this "IT" you think I'm in? :popcorn:

You said Jesus' spirit was not divine.

You claim though that Jesus was divine when he walked the earth.

God is divine, if you say Jesus was not divine when he walked the earth, then you are saying Jesus was not God when he walked the earth. You can't get out of it.

God's Truth

You can deny it all you want but you are a Modalist. He says and does what the Father says and does. That does not make Him the Father.

If you want to be wrong then keep saying I am a modalist, but you are confusing the readers who know what modalism is, because you don't know. Modalists do not believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

No one ONLY says and does what another says and does unless they are the same.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want to be wrong then keep saying I am a modalist, but you are confusing the readers who know what modalism is, because you don't know. Modalists do not believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

No one ONLY says and does what another says and does unless they are the same.

Children do it all the time with their parents. It is called mimicking.

glorydaz

There is ONLY ONE GOD and He is the Father.

There is no one besides the Father or like Him.

That is what the scriptures say.

ERROR ALERT Do not change the Scripture. It is the written word of God you tamper with.

Exodus 8:10 And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God.​

glorydaz

That is exactly what you do. You say He is the Father when He becomes flesh, and then He is the Son while He walks among us, and then He is the Holy Spirit when He comes and dwells in us.

God's Truth

ERROR ALERT Do not change the Scripture. It is the written word of God you tamper with.

Exodus 8:10 And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God.​

You have been wrong about scriptures more than once.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

God's Truth

That is exactly what you do. You say He is the Father when He becomes flesh, and then He is the Son while He walks among us, and then He is the Holy Spirit when He comes and dwells in us.

I just said I don't believe like that.

God the Father is invisible, a Spirit, and He lives in unapproachable light.

God the Father also has a body and came as a Man named Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit that goes forth from Him.