The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Probably because in the Bible Christ Jesus says that the father is his father's and God!

You keep on judging me GT if you feel the need to, but God knows my heart, and thankfully, you are not my judge!

Jesus is God. The Bible shows us in many scriptures that Jesus is God.

Your heart is not right that is why you keep attacking me personally.

God's Truth

It isn't hell...it's hades. Hades was the place of the dead, as in Luke 16. Jesus went and announced the good news of His resurrection to Abraham, David, and all the believers from the OT. Man is more that just a body (which is put off at death), but none could go to Paradise or Heaven until Jesus had risen.

Hi Gd,

I believe the scriptures show us that Jesus went to prison/hell, for it was where the disobedient went.

After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

Jesus went to hell and the gates of hell could not keep him there.

See Matthew 16:18.

Hell can be Hades, and prison, or the lake of fire. Hades, however, is not referred to as the lake of fire.

marhig

Jesus is God. The Bible shows us in many scriptures that Jesus is God.

Your heart is not right that is why you keep attacking me personally.
GT maybe you should go back and read our conversation, because it seems to be you attacking me, you've called me untruthful, dishonest, do basically I'm a liar, which I'm not as I'm to scared to lie before God, and you've called me a worker of Satan and contentious, etc. all because I don't agree with what you are saying!

Anyway, say a you want about me, as I said you're not my judge, God is, and this is foolishness, I have to go I'm busy.

glorydaz

Hi Gd,

I believe the scriptures show us that Jesus went to prison/hell, for it was where the disobedient went.

After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

Jesus went to hell and the gates of hell could not keep him there.

See Matthew 16:18.

Hell can be Hades, and prison, or the lake of fire. Hades, however, is not referred to as the lake of fire.

It might mean that except there is nothing in scripture that says someone can be saved after they have died. Hell can be hades, and it can be the grave. Gotta check the context.

But now....after rereading what you wrote, I think you're saying the same thing I have said below. :jawdrop:

The beggar, for instance, in Luke 16, was in the section of Abraham's bosom based on his works (conscience)....just as the rich man was in the "hot" side based on his. This is the time in which God winked and judged men according to their conscience. Just as those "disobedient" relatives of Noah, who had married the daughters of men (Cain) (but still were sons of God in the lineage of Seth). God "overlooked" their ignorance, and the Resurrection was proclaimed to them as well as to all who believed, but were not counted as "perfect".

Romans 2:9-10 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:​

That beggar in Luke 16, was who our Lord preached the good news of HIS RESURRECTION.

Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

At least this is how I see it. :)

Rosenritter

I already explained this to you more than once. This scripture is about David's physical body not his spirit.

So the passage is saying that Jesus's physical body was drawn up into the heavens, but his spirit stayed dead? Come on GE, you're hardly being consistent. The soul is the whole flesh and body and spirit combined. David isn't alive in any form, Jesus was raised in his fullest form. Enough with this shell game you play.

God's Truth

GT maybe you should go back and read our conversation, because it seems to be you attacking me, you've called me untruthful, dishonest, do basically I'm a liar, which I'm not as I'm to scared to lie before God, and you've called me a worker of Satan and contentious, etc. all because I don't agree with what you are saying!

Anyway, say a you want about me, as I said you're not my judge, God is, and this is foolishness, I have to go I'm busy.

You are called untruthful because you keep saying you do not falsely judge me. How many times does it have to be explained to you?

Rosenritter

All things were created by Him, but He is not the Father of all things.

CONTEXT
Heb. 12:5-10 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.​

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Glory, I don't understand how you intended that passage to support your point. Jesus created all things, you agree on this. I'm with you so far.

So how is he not the Father of spirits? Surely you are not suggesting that if we are the children of God, that it cannot mean Jesus because .... Jesus is not God? (That would be the implication...)

Rosenritter

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Maybe you didn't read the question. Where does it say anything about applying the gospel to angels?

God's Truth

So the passage is saying that Jesus's physical body was drawn up into the heavens, but his spirit stayed dead?
You said that last time too. How do you ever get that his spirit stayed dead? What is wrong with you?

Jesus' spirit and body went to heaven. He is the only one who had his physical body go to heaven.

Come on GE, you're hardly being consistent.

What other slander do you got?

The soul is the whole flesh and body and spirit combined. David isn't alive in any form, Jesus was raised in his fullest form.
David's spirit went to where Abraham's spirit was, and his physical body went to ashes.

Enough with this shell game you play.

You should talk about the Bible in such a way.

God's Truth

Maybe you didn't read the question. Where does it say anything about applying the gospel to angels?

You are playing your nut game with glory.

You are the one who falsely claims the spirits in prison are angels.

You don't value being truthful with people. If you cannot be trusted with little things, how do you ever get that you can be trusted with God's word?

Rosenritter

You said that last time too. How do you ever get that his spirit stayed dead? What is wrong with you?

Jesus' spirit and body went to heaven. He is the only one who had his physical body go to heaven.

What other slander do you got?

David's spirit went to where Abraham's spirit was, and his physical body went to ashes.

You should talk about the Bible in such a way.

I have the "slander" that you don't mind lying to others saying that I "did not deny" being such and such, and you instead personally attack me when I show evidence to the contrary. You're a proven liar GE.

popsthebuilder

I don't believe you are a Christian.

Revelation 22:11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy."
I thanked that post hoping you might read and apply the scripture; not because she isn't a Christian.

God's Truth

I have the "slander" that you don't mind lying to others saying that I "did not deny" being such and such, and you instead personally attack me when I show evidence to the contrary. You're a proven liar GE.

Just you keep calling me GE proves you are not right in the heart.

popsthebuilder

I don't believe you are a Christian either.
Who here would care two cents about what you think; knowing you to be nothing but a proud self glorifying contentious arrogant self deceived false Christ?

Even your faulty doctrine shows your vanity.

Repent

By the way; your false words don't affect me, but you will have to answer for them.