The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Right, because an appeal of "Can you please go twenty-four hours without accusing others or making up that you are being attacked" was really the deal of a demon. Because an attempt to exercise love and perseverance is really a curse.

You are not right in the heart and I wouldn't make any deals with someone like you.

God's Truth

Peter tells us that Jesus descended into hell in the same manner as David, and points to the sepulcher as evidence that David remains. He descended to the grave, he ascended to heaven. The dead are dead unless and until they are resurrected, Jesus has already risen and is alive forever more. That's the difference.

Notice that you are void of the scriptures. You are talking about what I said about a specific scripture, yet you leave the scripture out.

God's Truth

Jesus died on the cross and went to prison/hell in the Spirit and that is how he filled the whole universe. If he didn't literally go to hell, the past, where spirits of humans lived, then he did not literally fill the whole universe and you put into question if he really ascended to the highest place if he did not descend to the lowest place.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

Our spirits live on after the death of our bodies. Anyone who goes against that has a doctrine of death.

Rossenritter spoke against this truth. Let all who go against this speak according to this.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Delusions (imagined) or angels of light (2 Corinthians 11:14, real) can both be dangerous if heeded. A false spirit isn't going to come to a believer in the form of horns hooves and a tail, it's going to come claiming to be an angel of God, and maybe even has some special effects or miracles as reinforcement. I don't have any dislike for Michael, he's a nice enough fellow, but I don't think he is properly testing the spirits.

Or he might wanna look inward at that prophecy rather than thinkin' it's meant for other folks.

Or not. :shocked:

marhig

The weak spot in that chain of logic is that you are the one that said Jesus was "dead to sin." That's not what the Bible said. If we use the Bible to interpret the Bible, we should first allow it to be interpreted using the terms that it provides, rather than inserting our own.

There's nothing wrong with you saying that Jesus was "dead to sin" as long as you maintain perspective: that is your analogy, not the rule for interpreting the word "dead" in the scripture.
So was Jesus he alive to sin then?

marhig

I didn't post an original idea. I checked a couple commentaries and that's actually the normal and usual interpretation of that passage.
Oh ok, I've never read any commentaries on it, I've just read the Bible. I thought you'd seen the same thing.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus died on the cross and went to prison/hell in the Spirit and that is how he filled the whole universe. If he didn't literally go to hell, the past, where spirits of humans lived, then he did not literally fill the whole universe and you put into question if he really ascended to the highest place if he did not descend to the lowest place.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

Our spirits live on after the death of our bodies. Anyone who goes against that has a doctrine of death.

Rossenritter spoke against this truth. Let all who go against this speak according to this.

Abraham was gathered to his people.....

https://pastorrobbm.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/what-does-gathered-unto-his-people-mean-in-genesis-258/

marhig

This isn't right, Jesus didn't go preaching in hell when naturally died!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Why would you think that Jesus went into hell and preached after he died? I've asked GT but she hasn't told me. Thanks

Luke 16:23-26King James Version (KJV)

23*And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24*And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25*But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26*And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Rosenritter

Notice that you are void of the scriptures. You are talking about what I said about a specific scripture, yet you leave the scripture out.

This scripture is plainly known, but since your memory lacks, here it is again. And while I wasn't making a point of this originally, but it also plainly contradicts your "saints are in heaven" doctrine that you've maintained.

Act 2:29-36 KJV
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
(33) Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
(34) For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
(35) Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
(36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

David and Jesus are compared in this passage. David gave the prophecy concerning Jesus. Yet David has not ascended to heaven, whereas Jesus Christ did ascend, and was witnessed by many. As Peter speaks of David left in the grave, Jesus was not bound by it. The parallel structure between his soul was not left in hell and neither did his flesh see corruption shows equivalence, even beside the comparison to David.

David did not ascend to heaven, his soul remains in hell, his flesh did see corruption.

Rosenritter

So was Jesus he alive to sin then?

It depends on your meaning. He was tempted in all points as we were, so he would have been able to feel whatever tug or promise it might make. He was aware of sin about him, as he was able to identify it and condemn it. There's all sorts of ways that one could beat about the bush with analogies. My concern is that we do not build doctrine by making a legend (meaning key, not myth) to interpret other scripture out of a misplaced analogy.

Rosenritter

Luke 16:23-26King James Version (KJV)

23*And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24*And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25*But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26*And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Try as I might, I cant see the passage where Jesus is preaching within either the flames or the Elysian Fields of this story.

I think Marhig had asked why you would think that Jesus was "preaching in hell."

God's Truth

This isn't right, Jesus didn't go preaching in hell when naturally died!

He did and you need to stop merely denying what is plainly written. Do you think that you are so powerful that all you have to do is say no it didn't happen? You prove you are puffed up with yourself.

God's Truth

This scripture is plainly known, but since your memory lacks, here it is again. And while I wasn't making a point of this originally, but it also plainly contradicts your "saints are in heaven" doctrine that you've maintained.

Act 2:29-36 KJV
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
(33) Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
(34) For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
(35) Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
(36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

David and Jesus are compared in this passage. David gave the prophecy concerning Jesus. Yet David has not ascended to heaven, whereas Jesus Christ did ascend, and was witnessed by many. As Peter speaks of David left in the grave, Jesus was not bound by it. The parallel structure between his soul was not left in hell and neither did his flesh see corruption shows equivalence, even beside the comparison to David.

David did not ascend to heaven, his soul remains in hell, his flesh did see corruption.

I already explained this to you more than once. This scripture is about David's physical body not his spirit.

glorydaz

Hebrews 12:9 KJV
(9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

I am inclined to think that title "Father of spirits" would be applicable to the Creator of those spirits. Who created those spirits Glory? What does scripture tell us? John 1:3, Col 1:16?

All things were created by Him, but He is not the Father of all things.

CONTEXT

Heb. 12:5-10 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.​

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: