The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are NOT "shown to us in three ways".

The Father is a PERSON, as is the Son. They talk to each other. It's not hard to follow unless you reject the truth.

Gal 4:16 (KJV)
(4:16) Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
And the Spirit? It's a person too?

Scripture please

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Scripture specifying three persons yet one GOD please.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, - Matthew 28:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19&version=NKJV

3b3a7809080fde99e808ce04743e7eab.jpg

popsthebuilder

So in your scenario a paralyzed that can't move that can't talk and can only think and experience emotions cannot be saved because they CAN ONLY BELIEVE and in your world his/her faith is dead. Got it.

Oh, foolish, foolish woman.
Not cool.

We know that thought itself can be sin.

If one is otherwise incapacitated then their thoughts, would surely be the extent of judgement against them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And the Spirit? It's a person too?

Scripture please

Yes, the Holy Spirit is a person too.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” ... Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” - Acts 5:3-4,9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:3-4,9&version=NKJV

You don't lie to a force. A force cannot be angered.

You lie to a person. A person can be angered.

popsthebuilder

So would you please show, with boldface, where it says that Jesus was tempted with evil, as per the definition that keeps being alluded to in James? I assume that's what all this claim of "Jesus was tempted with evil" is all about, isn't it? A word game to try to say that God cannot be God if he experiences our trials in the flesh?

James 1:12-15 KJV
(12) Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
(13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
(14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

If that's the sense you're speaking in, then you're saying that Jesus was sinful, and brought forth death. And in that case we do have cause for further discussion.
You are making no sense.

You provided scripture that shows GOD cannot be tempted of evil.

We have all gone over the texts that say Jesus was tempted of Satan; the father of evil.

Make your own conclusion as opposed to claiming word games as this is no game, and I don't take kindly to your unsubstantiated claims against my very character.

peace

popsthebuilder

Yes, the Holy Spirit is a person too.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” ... Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” - Acts 5:3-4,9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:3-4,9&version=NKJV

You don't lie to a force. A force cannot be angered.

You lie to a person. A person can be angered.
Yeah.... You should really hold off from attempting serious debate without first grasping what things are that you wish to debate about.

The holy Spirit is not a person. It can dwell in a person though.

Oh yeah....GOD is SPIRIT too.

Please reconcile these blatant contradictions in your doctrine.

God's Truth

The Father is a PERSON, as is the Son. They talk to each other. It's not hard to follow unless you reject the truth.

You went against Jesus being called the Way.

Rosenritter

You are making no sense.

You provided scripture that shows GOD cannot be tempted of evil.

We have all gone over the texts that say Jesus was tempted of Satan; the father of evil.

Make your own conclusion as opposed to claiming word games as this is no game, and I don't take kindly to your unsubstantiated claims against my very character.

peace

Then please clarify, was Jesus tempted in the sense of James 1:13-14, or not?

a) Yes. In that case, your claim of Jesus was not God also demands that Jesus was not sinless. The temptation it speaks of means yielded temptation, that leads to death.

b) No. In that case, let's see the claim that "Jesus was tempted" no longer used to attempt to prove that "Jesus was not God." If someone wants to pursue that, they will need a different argument.

Regardless of what you may have said (or not said) earlier, I'm just interested in your clear answer at present. Thank you.

God's Truth

The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are three and the same.

God shows Himself as a Father, and as a Son, and the Holy Spirit is His Spirit that goes forth without limit.

God's Truth

Are you kidding?

Matthew: 4. 1. Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Matthew: 22. 18. But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Luke: 4. 2. Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Luke: 4. 13. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Luke: 20. 23. But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

Luke: 22. 27. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth. 28. Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

Jesus doesn't say it was tempting.

By the way, you should make the scripture reference appropriately, because when you do, we all can hoover our cursor over the reference and see the scripture.

God's Truth

How naive of you to think that his only temptation was in the desert. He lived life just like you and me and he was tempted just like you and me.

No, he had to be led to a desert and live in the wilderness and not eat for 40 days and 40 nights to be tempted at all.

Jesus isn't just like you.

How do you ever get that he is?

God's Truth

And what does Satan tempt with? Good?
He tempted Jesus with food, and things of this world, and mainly, he tempted him not to obey the Father.
How can you think that Jesus wasn't tempted when the Bible clearly says he was? When Satan tempts us, it's always to go against the will of God he is evil.

And no, we can be tempted and not sin which then doesn't bring forth sin or death because we haven't sinned because we've denied it by the power of the Spirit! Once we are born of God we should be able to discern good from evil and turn away, we will sin but hopefully not wilfully.

But you said you were tempted every day with sin and that Jesus was too.

God's Truth

So in your world, Helen Keller did not necessitate repentance nor could repent of anything because she was deaf and blind and isolated imposed by a near complete lack of language. Got it.

No, she proves you do not know what you are talking about.

God's Truth

So in your scenario a paralyzed that can't move that can't talk and can only think and experience emotions cannot be saved because they CAN ONLY BELIEVE and in your world his/her faith is dead. Got it.

You don't even make any sense. Go back are re read, then do it again, and then repeat.