The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

I'm a nobody too, but I know that Satan is everywhere and I hear him in others as well as him trying my own heart too. And I know that sometimes I fall. But hopefully not wilfully, if I carry on wilfully sinning and disobeying God then I know I'm in trouble, we are to turn from sin, but as I said I do sometimes do something wrong, and when I realise I go to God and then try and put it right if I can.

I still get people trying to tempt me to do what I have given up, and tell me that it won't hurt me and that is good for me and I'll should enjoy my life as I only live once, but I know that partaking in the sufferings of Christ brings a greater reward on this life, and the life after.

This world is nothing, and the ways of it are wrong before God. And we are to come out from among them, be in the flesh but not of the flesh, and bring those still in the world the love of God and life of Christ, and bring the gospel to those who will listen and let Christ in us do his work in saving as many by the word of God through the Spirit of truth as possible.

I am not even tempted to go back to old sins anymore, but you want me to believe Jesus is tempted to sin every day just is not right.

Jesus had to live in the desert, in the wilderness, and he fasted for 40 days and forty nights, just to be able to be tempted to disobey God.

You say Jesus was tempted to sin everyday as you are.

God's Truth

Well if you met me, I hope that you'd see you were wrong about me. But judge as you will.

Why don't you talk about your mistake concerning the Bible?

You said no one who believes acts like that.

I gave you scripture about Simone acting wrong even after believing and getting baptized.

marhig

I am not even tempted to go back to old sins anymore, but you want me to believe Jesus is tempted to sin every day just is not right.

Jesus had to live in the desert, in the wilderness, and he fasted for 40 days and forty nights, just to be able to be tempted to disobey God.

You say Jesus was tempted to sin everyday as you are.
To be honest I'm dead to my old life too, but they still try. They don't understand yet, they don't know God like I do, but I have hope for them. But I've got no interest whatsoever in the things I used to do. So no matter what they say it isn't important, I just hope that God stays with me strengthening me to overcome, because I can't do it without him.

And Jesus was completely dead to the flesh and alive in God, full of understanding, wisdom and he was full of the power of the Spirit, and could spot Satan a mile off. So no matter what temptation Satan threw at him, Jesus never sinned. He completely overcame him. And he is a perfect example for us to follow.

marhig

Why don't you talk about your mistake concerning the Bible?

You said no one who believes acts like that.

I gave you scripture about Simone acting wrong even after believing and getting baptized.
Can you give me the chapter so I can read it all, as I haven't read that in a while. thanks

popsthebuilder

Philippians 2:6 KJV -
Philippians: 2. 1. If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2. Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
Nowhere did I say 'a' way.

There are three and the three ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.
More GT double-talk.

YOU said that they are THREE WAYS. That is your garbage and NOT what the Bible teaches.

But you've never cared what the Bible teaches.

You are caught twisting and turning and trying to stick a blow.
You wish.

Not going to do it, RD.
GT always trying to make the FALSE, true.

Not gonna work.

God's Truth

More GT double-talk.

YOU said that they are THREE WAYS. That is your garbage and NOT what the Bible teaches.

But you've never cared what the Bible teaches.

You wish.

GT always trying to make the FALSE, true.

Not gonna work.

I say there are three and that the three are exactly the same.

Yes I say the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are ways, but the same Way.

Rosenritter

It's not word games, and yes, God cannot be tempted with evil, yet still Jesus was! But the power of God in him overcame Satan. And he didn't sin once. God gave him power over all flesh. He came from heaven and became as we are, and suffered yet never sinned right up until his last breath, and he overcame the world and the devil. He lived the way out perfectly, and brought a new and living way for us to follow, a way in which we worship the father in Spirit and in truth. And as long as we live by the will of God, he will never leave us and through Christ, he will strengthen us to overcome.

Marhig, please show the passage where it says that Jesus was tempted with evil.

Rosenritter

Where did I ever say that Jesus failed when tempted?

You said Jesus was tempted with evil. According to our epistle of James, that means "failed when tempted."

Jas 1:12-15
(12) Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
(13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
(14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

1. Jesus was not tempted with evil, for had he been tempted in that fashion, it would have brought forth sin and death.
2. Jesus had no need for a crown of life. He's the one that gives the crown of life to us, he has life in Himself.

Rosenritter

Right Divider, I saw the original quote. The words were "shown to us three ways" not "shown to be three ways."

Isa 29:20-21
(20) For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
(21) That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

...surely there's plenty of stuff to argue about without having to go to those extremes?