The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

No, gt, you are simply BELIEVING Him.

What?

AFTER you believe in Him then the Holy Spirit comes in and teaches you what to obey.

Are you kidding?

You don't know what to obey?

You don't know what to obey, yet the Gentiles heard what was taught by Moses.

Acts 15:20 Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals, and from blood. 21For Moses has been proclaimed in every city from ancient times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”
Many people do not believe and they obey what they read.
hahahahahahaha They obey but they don't believe?! LOL

Jesus tells us to believe. If they obey then they ARE BELIEVING.

You don't know what to obey until after you are saved and have the Holy Spirit?

The gospel message tells us what to obey.

Have you seen JWs lately?
Have you seen Mormons lately?
Mormons do NOT obey Jesus.

Jesus says no other gospel.

Mormons believe in another gospel.

I could mention others but these are the ones who come obeying that Jesus said ‘go two by two’; however, they do not believe Him. Think on that for a little while.

Go ahead and try to tell me about other ones! LOL

I will prove further that you wrong.

God's Truth

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

You use a scripture that REBUKES you.

You say there are three distinct/different.

The old testament scriptures say there is only ONE and NO ONE BESIDES HIM, and NO ONE LIKE HIM.

You say there are three and the three are like each other but not the same.

You say the the two are besides the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You use a scripture that REBUKES you.

You say there are three distinct/different.

The old testament scriptures say there is only ONE and NO ONE BESIDES HIM, and NO ONE LIKE HIM.

You say there are three and the three are like each other but not the same.

You say the the two are besides the Father.

He's right and you are wrong.

popsthebuilder

Yes. Believe in Him or at least believe His works. That's what He said. Nothing about obeying to be saved.

Yes. Salvation is all of Him and nothing of us.

“Christ…suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18).

“Whoever does not believe is condemned already....the wrath of God remains on him” (John 3:18, 36).

“he gave his only Son” (John 3:16).

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us” (Galatians 3:13).

God “loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation”—the wrath-absorbing substitute—“for our sins” (1 John 4:10).
So.... You focus on the death of Jesus and think you are safe?

....what about the two commands?.....

You do realize that Him being nailed to a cross wasn't His own doing right? Some might even argue that it wasn't the will of GOD for Him to be crucified.

How does one literally conclude that faith in the work of Christ is all one needs for salvation and too thinks that this faith is ineffectual in the knowing sinners life?

Who really thinks that this life, this one, this material existence is to be just as easy as can be, and we are to do absolutely whatever under the sun our little heart wants to do? Who really thinks they can strive for their desires and wants of this world, knowingly, openly sinning, and yet think they are safe due to the work of the Christ of GOD that they insist doesn't have any effect on their life or the sin there of?

It's like; "Woe, the Christ of GOD, a blameless person, utterly filled with the Spirit, without fault, and determined and formed and destined before the creation of the very earth literally gave Himself for my sins, for my sake, so that little ole me can be led home and abide in His abode, by His teachings and example and Spirit, but I'm gonna go ahead and put another nail in Him by neglecting the effectual faith I should have and eagerly running to continual sin.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Firstly, no they are not "synonyms". That "definition" is NOT Biblical in the slightest. It is someone's preconceived idea of what it means.

Messiah means ANOINTED. The SAME Hebrew word appears 38 times in the Hebrew scriptures and 36 time it is translated ANOINTED.... twice it is translated MESSIAH.

Savior means RESCUER or DELIVERER.

That you think like GT shows your illogical "reasoning" as well.

Believe the Bible and ditch the contrived "dictionary".

You think Paul came along and changed what 'repent' means in every language on earth! LOL

Now you want us to believe the word 'Messiah' isn't synonymous with 'Savior', even though the dictionary says so.

The Messiah IS the Savior, the Redeemer, the Deliverer.

God's Truth

He's right and you are wrong.

Mere opinions mean nothing.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Your trinity doctrine goes against everything said in those scriptures.

popsthebuilder

Your comprehension of the word is lacking.

Adam has not power to give the Holy Spirit. Jesus has the power to give the Holy Spirit and He did send the Holy Spirit to those who believe Him as He said He would.

Never did He Himself said, that He is the Holy Spirit.
Nowhere in the Bible can you find that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
Wow

popsthebuilder

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

Did you read that?

Believe what?

Believe that Jesus is God the One who forgives sins.

Forgives sins?

Yes, forgives sins that we REPENT of!!!

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
But wait; there's more; if it says "I am HE" and HE is spirit, then the "I" refers to spirit as well.

peace

Rosenritter

Why would we have to shed our natural blood to strive against sin?

Sorry I'm just leaving, I'll be back later thanks.

Joh 15:20
(20) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Heb 11:35-40
(35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
(36) And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
(37) They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(38) (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
(39) And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
(40) God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

God's Truth

Joh 15:20
(20) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Heb 11:35-40
(35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
(36) And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
(37) They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(38) (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
(39) And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
(40) God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Though those in Christ will be hated, not all will be martyrs.

popsthebuilder

Why? You believe because you hear the word 'Muslim' you do not have to dignify and answer their questions.

You yourself, marhig, have asked the same questions Muslims are asking there and real CHRISTIANS have taken their time to answer them, which I would assume you would not do because Muslims do not deserve being talked to per your doctrine.

That site is about CHRISTIANS answering questions posited by Muslims and others, such as yourself.
That's the second time.

You are confused. It is apparent.

Friendly advice;

privately and sincerely ask for the will of GOD to be done in your life.

peace

popsthebuilder

Jesus is God's only perfect sacrifice PERIOD.

His life did not save anyone.
His many miracles did not save anyone.
His many healings did not save anyone.
His expounding of the written word did not save anyone.

HIS SHED BLOOD ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY rent the veil from top to bottom taking away the separation between man and God bring about God's salvation.

Reject the blood and you reject God's salvation, exactly the same if you did not smear the blood of the perfect animal representing Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's plan of salvation has not changed since before the foundation of the world.
It was the blood of the perfect sacrifice then.
It is the blood of the perfect sacrifice now.
It will always be the blood of the perfect sacrifice.
So where it says He healed the lame and leprous it is for nothing and to no effect, and being healed isn't synonymous with being alive and healthy?

When He cast out demons and evil spirits, that doesn't mean those people were then free of their attachment to those things?

When He fed the multitudes that followed Him, and they were filled, and food was still available, that is of no significance, and in no way identifies Christ as the Way we are to actually follow, and His example, words, and Spirit as the sustenance of the soul of the believer/ follower, that will fill/ sustain them and all who hunger for true spiritual direction in loving devotion and faith that is effectual, leading to faithfulness in material life?

Sorry, probably hard for some to comprehend.

I'm not the best at conveying what it is I am trying to say.

The Christ being at all times, humble