The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

What do you think about this verse

Hebrews 12:4 kjv

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Niv

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
Agreed

The blood is a personal aspect, and a symbol of what faith is.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Rosenritter

Firstly, no they are not "synonyms". That "definition" is NOT Biblical in the slightest. It is someone's preconceived idea of what it means.

Messiah means ANOINTED. The SAME Hebrew word appears 38 times in the Hebrew scriptures and 36 times it is translated ANOINTED.... twice it is translated MESSIAH.

Savior means RESCUER or DELIVERER.

That you think like GT shows your illogical "reasoning" as well.

Believe the Bible and ditch the contrived "dictionary".

As earlier noted, the dictionary lists the two as synonyms. Wikipedia also uses them as synonyms, i.e. Messiah, This article is about the concept of a savior. For the oratorio by George Frideric Handel, see Messiah (Handel). For other uses, see Messiah (disambiguation).

Savior can be a vague term, but when someone uses the word Messiah today, they are talking about THE Savior, and depending upon the context of the conversation, the two become interchangeable. Thus, because of the influence of Christianity, the usage of Messiah in modern English is equivalent to Savior.

It is always possible to create the appearance of contradiction if one tries hard enough, so the question becomes, how hard do you want to try?

https://jdisciple.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/messiah/

The above site seems relevant. Does that more fully concur with what you were trying to convey?

glorydaz

The Father is Spirit.
The Son is Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is Spirit.

They are the same Spirit.
There is only one Spirit.

When the Bible means to say that God has come in the flesh, it makes special mention that God has come in the flesh. "The Father is Spirit" ought to be an an uncontested statement. I don't think anyone here would argue against that. Are you seriously contesting this issue?

I'm seriously contesting people twisting the word of God to their own purpose.

When a house is built on a faulty foundation, you must go back to the foundation. Are you wanting to join her in her kinder garten class so she can figure out why Jesus is not the Father? Perhaps you do? :think:

popsthebuilder

No, gt, you are simply BELIEVING Him.

AFTER you believe in Him then the Holy Spirit comes in and teaches you what to obey.

Many people do not believe and they obey what they read.

Have you seen JWs lately?
Have you seen Mormons lately?

I could mention others but these are the ones who come obeying that Jesus said ‘go two by two’; however, they do not believe Him. Think on that for a little while.
So to you the word "believe" means little? Kinda like a kid believes Santa's gonna bring some gifts? If your belief doesn't cause change within your life then it is an empty word with no significance which reflects the level of significance you actually give to the shedding of the blood of the Christ of GOD, His example, His teachings, and His work, which, by the way; was the work of GOD alone, for the sake of HIS creation.

glorydaz

So to you the word "believe" means little? Kinda like a kid believes Santa's gonna bring some gifts? If your belief doesn't cause change within your life then it is an empty word with no significance which reflects the level of significance you actually give to the shedding of the blood of the Christ of GOD, His example, His teachings, and His work, which, by the way; was the work of GOD alone, for the sake of HIS creation.

Actually, the word "believe" means more to believers than it does to those who only agree that there is a God. It's a matter of the heart...a knowing and trusting that the One we worship is, indeed, God and Saviour.

popsthebuilder

Do you believe though that there are three?
Silly; you know I count them all as the same One Spirit that is GOD.

I cannot fathom how any human vessel can contain the utter fullness of GOD, yet cannot dismiss such either, as to do such is to limit the capacity of GOD.

as far as I am concerned; for all intents and purposes, at very least, since the resurrection; Christ/ Holy Spirit/ GOD are all the same Spirit, which is to say that each symbolizes the exact same thing.

I hope we are in agreement, but if not, I do hope we can actually discuss it....

peace

Right Divider

Body part
As earlier noted, the dictionary lists the two as synonyms. Wikipedia also uses them as synonyms, i.e. Messiah, This article is about the concept of a savior. For the oratorio by George Frideric Handel, see Messiah (Handel). For other uses, see Messiah (disambiguation).
As if "the dictionary" is the standard by which we are to judge. Once again you show your contempt for the the Word of God.

Savior can be a vague term, but when someone uses the word Messiah today, they are talking about THE Savior, and depending upon the context of the conversation, the two become interchangeable. Thus, because of the influence of Christianity, the usage of Messiah in modern English is equivalent to Savior.
Once AGAIN, you are more concerned with "how someone uses the word today" then what the Bible says that it means.

It is always possible to create the appearance of contradiction if one tries hard enough, so the question becomes, how hard do you want to try?

https://jdisciple.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/messiah/

The above site seems relevant. Does that more fully concur with what you were trying to convey?
So now you want me to take this webpage over the Bible? No, I'll stick with the Bible and the way that IT defines the words.

God's Truth

Silly; you know I count them all as the same One Spirit that is GOD.

I cannot fathom how any human vessel can contain the utter fullness of GOD, yet cannot dismiss such either, as to do such is to limit the capacity of GOD.

as far as I am concerned; for all intents and purposes, at very least, since the resurrection; Christ/ Holy Spirit/ GOD are all the same Spirit, which is to say that each symbolizes the exact same thing.

I hope we are in agreement, but if not, I do hope we can actually discuss it....

peace

It is just that in times past I thought others believed the same about this too and found out later that they did not believe quite the same. I am just so glad that you know this truth that I want to make sure. lol

popsthebuilder

So, you also are of the group that says they have to do something to be saved. Got it.
Only actually live out the acceptance of the free gift of effectual faith in the work and Way that is each of our good and right service as believers. HIS bridle is easy and HIS load is light. I am led to pastures of sustenance to peacefully and freely abide, where as my own way lead me down to the pit of destruction.

Oh, c'mon popsthebuilder. Comments such as yours irks me to no end.

Had you taken the courtesy of going and check it out, you would know that that place is about Muslims asking questions of Christians and a group of Christians answering them so that Muslims can learn of what our glorious Lord Jesus Christ did for them if they only call upon His name.

Or maybe you do not believe that Muslims deserve to hear the glorious gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus.

At least be courteous and see what that site is all about. Maybe even YOU will learn something about what you believe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mere opinions mean nothing.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Your trinity doctrine goes against everything said in those scriptures.

Think you better take a look at the Hebrew for God in each of the verses you quoted. It is the plural Elohim. How interesting eh?

God's Truth

Where is the verse to support this?

I see one that says God is Spirit. John 4:24

You can't change the word of God. That's a sin. :popcorn:

I didn't change the scripture.

Are you saying God the Father is not Spirit?

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

If God the Father is not Spirit, then why is He called invisible?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father:

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6

How is the Father in all the saved if He is not Spirit?

So Jesus isn't speaking about God the Father? John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

God's Truth

Think you better take a look at the Hebrew for God in each of the verses you quoted. It is the plural Elohim. How interesting eh?

There is only One Divine Spirit.

God the Father is Spirit and came to earth as a Son in the flesh.

All men have a spirit inside them, and all the saved receive the Holy Spirit of God.

Think about it some more.

Jesus is Spirit...there is only One Spirit...

God's Truth

Actually, the word "believe" means more to believers than it does to those who only agree that there is a God. It's a matter of the heart...a knowing and trusting that the One we worship is, indeed, God and Saviour.

When God says seek me with all your heart---that can only be done by finding Jesus' words and obeying them.

God's Truth

I'm seriously contesting people twisting the word of God to their own purpose.

When a house is built on a faulty foundation, you must go back to the foundation. Are you wanting to join her in her kinder garten class so she can figure out why Jesus is not the Father? Perhaps you do? :think:

I can prove everything I say with scripture.