The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

I have explained what I understand the Bible to say. The Bible says that God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit; that is, if you want to see it. If you do not want to see it, then that is all of your own.

If (notice the if) you, gt, say to me that you totally and completely comprehend our God, I would say you are lying.

BTW: God does not need my defending. He defends Himself all by Himself. Thank you very much.

We are to contend for the truth.

I do understand because Jesus reveals himself to me, just like he says he would.

lifeisgood

Hey if the bible teaches the trinity I want to know it. I'm just have a hard time believing it when people like you lie stating the scriptures teach it and then go ahead and quote verses like Matt 28:19 which simply mentions the Father son and HS in a single verse and nothing else.

Stop pretending that you're not showing me because "I don't want to know" and just be truthful with yourself, you won't show me because you can't, its been admitted by literally hundreds of trinitarian scholars for centuries that the bible doesn't explicitly teach the trinity, this is an undeniable fact and is the reason you can't answer my question.

If you really, truly, honestly want to know as you say, you can start here if you so desire: http://answering-islam.org/Who/index.html

popsthebuilder

If you really, truly, honestly want to know as you say, you can start here if you so desire: http://answering-islam.org/Who/index.html
I didn't check your link but noticed it has to do with Islam(submission to GOD).

Did Islam decide what books to put in the Bible? Did Islam decide how to edit and translate the Bible. I'm sorry I didn't look at the link; it's just something I don't generally do, but I am curious as to what Islam has to do with the fact that the Trinity isn't expressly taught in the Bible.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I didn't check your link but noticed it has to do with Islam(submission to GOD).

Did Islam decide what books to put in the Bible? Did Islam decide how to edit and translate the Bible. I'm sorry I didn't look at the link; it's just something I don't generally do, but I am curious as to what Islam has to do with the fact that the Trinity isn't expressly taught in the Bible.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

You should probably just look at the link.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hey if the bible teaches the trinity I want to know it. I'm just have a hard time believing it when people like you lie stating the scriptures teach it and then go ahead and quote verses like Matt 28:19 which simply mentions the Father son and HS in a single verse and nothing else.

Stop pretending that you're not showing me because "I don't want to know" and just be truthful with yourself, you won't show me because you can't, its been admitted by literally hundreds of trinitarian scholars for centuries that the bible doesn't explicitly teach the trinity, this is an undeniable fact and is the reason you can't answer my question.
John 1:1-3 KJV - John 1:14 KJV -

glorydaz

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

marhig

I'm not sure what scripture you're referring to. Sorry. But, yes, I do believe one must know WHO Jesus Christ is. He is not just the Son of God, He is God in the flesh. There are hundreds...thousands of verses that make it clear. More, it is made clear by the Holy Spirit when He comes to dwell in us. That is the great revelation.

There is only One God. Is Jesus a lesser God, or were all things created by and for Him?

It's a no-brainer for those who have the Spirit dwelling in them.

A man can understand a thing with his mind, but it's the Spirit that gives understanding. And that Spirit is the ONE who makes it crystal clear that Jesus is God in the flesh. It can't be understood except by revelation of the Spirit. So it becomes a matter of "believing in your heart" which is what is required in order to be saved.

I always think of Thomas when I hear this question. He was with Jesus when He walked this earth, and it wasn't until He'd risen from the dead that he actually believed Jesus was God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

So we must believe that Jesus is God?

Can you show me where we are told that we must believe that Jesus is God to be saved, in the Bible? No round about way that it must mean this or that, but where it says exactly that, that we must believe Jesus is God to be saved. Because if it's so important for salvation, God will have it in the Bible. Thanks

Because I've only seen that we are to believe that Jesus is the son of God to be saved!

And there isn't hundreds of thousands of verses to show that Jesus is God at all! They are verses that people try to make it look like he is. But there are many verses that clearly show that Jesus isn't God and God is the God of Christ Jesus too! But for some reason you all just bypass those verses, why? They clearly show the truth, not just in a round about way but straight to the point that God is the God of Christ Jesus!

And the revelation isn't to know that Jesus is God, but rather that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. This is the revelation that we are to receive, just as Peter did. This is the rock of revelation that the church is built on, to know that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. Knowing that Jesus is God isn't a great revelation at all. In fact it's not the truth!

I read yet another verse just the other day

Romans 8

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with*him, that we may be also glorified together.

So the spirit bares witness that we are the children of God and if we are children then we are heirs and joint heirs with Christ. So Christ is an heir, a child of God he is the son of the living God, not God Almighty!

marhig

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
And we are at one with them once we are born of God

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.