The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

GT you are so close to seeing truth.
It is the spirit in Jesus that came down as a dove.
That spirit is the true son that was with God at the creation.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

You do not even understand that Jesus did not come as a dove.

Would you like me to explain that to you?

I am giving my time to tell you the truth.

That scripture you butchered says that the Holy Spirit came upon him LIKE A DOVE.

You are so close yet so far away.

God's Truth

Jesus IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, but when he was ready to start his earthly ministry, the Holy Spirit came upon him with power.

Look at all the scriptures in the Old Testament that say power was given when the Holy Spirit came UPON them.

keypurr

You do not even understand that Jesus did not come as a dove.

Would you like me to explain that to you?

I am giving my time to tell you the truth.

That scripture you butchered says that the Holy Spirit came upon him LIKE A DOVE.

You are so close yet so far away.
You misunderstand my words friend, I said that the spirit came as a dove to Jesus.

Today I am going on the road maybe to the beach.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

You misunderstand my words friend, I said that the spirit came as a dove to Jesus.

Do you know how many times the Spirit came UPON the prophets in the Old Testament? Do you know what that means and how it differs from having the Holy Spirit living inside you?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus gave more than two commandments. Three are obvious, but you can find at least five if you look hard enough. Hint, most begin with the command "Love..."

Here, I will get us started. Someone post the rest please?

John 13:34 KJV
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Very good. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and you neighbor as yourself. walah, two commandments.

Rosenritter

Very good. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and you neighbor as yourself. walah, two commandments.

So we have one, two, and three so far,

1. Love God
2. Love thy neighbor,
3. Love one another.

Here's my candidate for a fourth:

Mat 5:43-44 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Notice the pattern? I think there's a few more out there. There's an implied "love truth" in 2 Thessalonians 2:10 but technically that isn't spoken by Jesus. It is spoken by the Holy Spirit if you allow for inspiration of scripture. I would suggest that the commandments of Jesus can be summarized by their first word "Love" and the additional parts following boil down to that, in essence.

Mat 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

That would make a commandment number five, and although it doesn't use the word "love" in its text, isn't that an expression of love? And aren't the things that you are supposed to teach all nations to observe all summarized by "Love..." also?

Right Divider

Body part
Mat 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

That would make a commandment number five, and although it doesn't use the word "love" in its text, isn't that an expression of love? And aren't the things that you are supposed to teach all nations to observe all summarized by "Love..." also?
Why do you believe that commands given to OTHERS (a specific group of others) belong to YOU?

Rosenritter

Why do you believe that commands given to OTHERS (a specific group of others) belong to YOU?
Because I dare say I have the spirit of God that tells me that we are to love God and love our neighbor. Against this there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Right Divider

Body part
Because I dare say I have the spirit of God that tells me that we are to love God and love our neighbor. Against this there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
I was talking about Matt. 28:19

P.S. If you'd read what I quoted you would have noticed that.

God's Truth

Right Divider, If you are not in the covenant which Jesus preached and taught when he walked the earth then you are not in a covenant of his blood.

God's Truth

You can't even comment on what I posted. You are a Romans 10:2 kind of zealot!

You are the one who cannot even comment on what is posted.

You do not even know what Romans 10:2 means.

Having a zeal for God is about obeying the commands God gave to Moses but not recognizing that it was about Jesus.

What do you think it means? LOL

Do you think it is an insult and condemnation to those who obey God?! THINK.