The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

The Truth is on my side.

Your father is the Devil, pops...

I think you should be careful who you judge, the Bible clearly said that God is the God of Jesus! Why should we believe you and others here, when the Bible says completely the opposite to what you teach, Jesus himself calls God his God. But you all wash over that one!

Romans 5

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

1 Peter 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ

1 Corinthians 11:3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

And Jesus Christ is subject to God

2 Corinthians 15

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

And this is Peters revelation from God

Matthew 16

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

NOT

You are the Christ, God the son.

There is no God the son in the Bible, no triune God, no trinity, there is one God, God the father as Jesus himself said, and one Christ, the son of God, Jesus. And Jesus also said God was his God. If Jesus says that God is his God, why shouldn't we believe him? Why do you say we believe devil's when Jesus himself says that there is only one God and God is his God? Who are you to judge others as devil's children when those in the Bible clearly teach that there is one God and God is the God of Jesus Christ also? Who's really blind?

Last edited:

Apple7

I don't have it if ront of me so I accepted that what you posted what have . In thoes words you will not see mention of the son or Holy Spirit.

Different translation? I am not at home to check it, but I will.

It bothered you so much that you had to reply twice to my post?!

Indeed....check it out in the original Greek and see for yourself that your very own hand-selected verse proclaims that true worshippers worship God as Father, Son(Truth) and Spirit. All nicely stated in the verse you selected.

Can't run from that one.

marhig

Your signature states that true worshipers worship God as Father, Son and Spirit....
From what I can see in the Bible, Jesus says that true worshippers will worship the father in spirit and in truth, can you show me where it says in the Bible that true worshippers worship God as father, son and holy spirit in spirit and in truth? Thanks.

Apple7

I think you should be careful who you judge, the Bible clearly said that God is the God of Jesus! Why should we believe you and others here, when the Bible says completely the opposite to what you teach, Jesus himself calls God his God. But you all wash over that one!

Right on cue, Trinity-denier.

Both God The Son, and God The Father, claim that each other is God!

Matt 22.41 - 46

But the Pharisees having been gathered, Jesus questioned them, saying, What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He? They say to Him, David's. He said to them, Then how does David in Spirit call Him Lord, saying, "The Lord said to my Lord, Sit off My right until I should put Your hostile ones as a footstool for Your feet?"(Psalm110.1) Then if David calls Him Lord, how is He his son? And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day to question Him any more.

There you have it.

God The Father and God The Son.

Equal.

Father, Son, Spirit.

Simple Biblical Truth.

Apple7

From what I can see in the Bible, Jesus says that true worshippers will worship the father in spirit and in truth, can you show me where it says in the Bible that true worshippers worship God as father, son and holy spirit in spirit and in truth? Thanks.

Paul clearly distance himself from his unbelieving Jewish brethren by his following belief declaration:

But I confess this to you that according to the Way, which they say is a sect, so I worship the ancestral God believing all things according to that having been written in the Law and the Prophets, having hope toward God, which these themselves also admit, of a resurrection being about to be of the dead, both of just and unjust ones. (Acts 24.14)

Clearly, Paul builds upon the previous Hebrew prophets and is now able to worship God properly ‘according to The Way’ and according to that which had previously been written in the Torah and the prophets.

Obviously, Paul is able to see what his Jewish brethren have missed. Jews have been in denial of proper worship of God – and ‘The Way’ has laid the foundation for proper worship to God.

Proper worship of God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

Simply put: Jews were not worshipping God properly.

Jews denied the Son as God in the flesh two thousand years ago; they denied the human-form theophanies thousands of years prior to that, and they are still denying Him today – thus, they do not have the true God....and neither do you...

marhig

Right on cue, Trinity-denier.

Both God The Son, and God The Father, claim that each other is God!

Matt 22.41 - 46

But the Pharisees having been gathered, Jesus questioned them, saying, What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He? They say to Him, David's. He said to them, Then how does David in Spirit call Him Lord, saying, "The Lord said to my Lord, Sit off My right until I should put Your hostile ones as a footstool for Your feet?"(Psalm110.1) Then if David calls Him Lord, how is He his son? And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day to question Him any more.

There you have it.

God The Father and God The Son.

Equal.

Father, Son, Spirit.

Simple Biblical Truth.

Too right I'm a trinity denier because it's false teaching which came into being 300 years after Jesus!

By the way, in the verses you just quoted, Jesus was saying that he wasn't David's son, not Gods, Jesus quite clearly says that he is the son of God, he doesn't say he's God the son anywhere, unless you care to show me where Jesus said he's God the son?

Maybe you could go back and read my post and then tell me why do all those verses clearly state that God is the God of Jesus?

marhig

Paul clearly distance himself from his unbelieving Jewish brethren by his following belief declaration:

But I confess this to you that according to the Way, which they say is a sect, so I worship the ancestral God believing all things according to that having been written in the Law and the Prophets, having hope toward God, which these themselves also admit, of a resurrection being about to be of the dead, both of just and unjust ones. (Acts 24.14)

Clearly, Paul builds upon the previous Hebrew prophets and is now able to worship God properly ‘according to The Way’ and according to that which had previously been written in the Torah and the prophets.

Obviously, Paul is able to see what his Jewish brethren have missed. Jews have been in denial of proper worship of God – and ‘The Way’ has laid the foundation for proper worship to God.

Proper worship of God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

•Father
•Son (Truth)
•Spirit

Simply put: Jews were not worshipping God properly.

Jews denied the Son as God in the flesh two thousand years ago; they denied the human-form theophanies thousands of years prior to that, and they are still denying Him today – thus, they do not have the true God....and neither do you...
Nothing that you have said there indicates that there is a triune God, but only one God!

Jesus said we are to worship the father in spirit and in truth

How have you got that in your mind to worshipping the father, son and holy spirit, in spirit and in truth?

That's not what it says in the Bible!

Jesus didn't say that at all! He clearly says worship the father!

Worshipping the father in spirit and in truth is to love the father with all our hearts, mind soul and strength, and to walk in the spirit and bare witness to the truth.

God's Truth

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." (John 14:16-17). Why say "another", if He means 'the same'?

You, gt, read the verse as : 'And I will pray myself, and I will give you another me, that I may abide with you forever.'

You are badly mistaken for not knowing Jesus is Spirit.

Scriptures that say Jesus is the Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The Spirit of Jesus Christ lives in us.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

If Jesus is not Spirit, how does he live in our hearts?

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

Did you read that? Jesus is the last Adam. The scripture says he is a life-giving SPIRIT.

This scripture says the Spirit gives life; see 2 Corinthians 3:6. Jesus gives life! John 5:21.

Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

God's Truth

No, He will forever have his form as the crucified Son of God.

Luke 24:37-43 American Standard Version (ASV)

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they beheld a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and wherefore do questionings arise in your heart? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye behold me having. 40 [a]And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here anything to eat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish. 43 And he took it, and ate before them.

I can hardly believe that you said no Jesus is not Spirit.

Please read the post above that I just posted before this one.

Rosenritter

How many laws do you keep? All six hundred plus? I try to keep the two commandments he gave. That is difficult enough.
Jesus gave more than two commandments. Three are obvious, but you can find at least five if you look hard enough. Hint, most begin with the command "Love..."

Here, I will get us started. Someone post the rest please?

John 13:34 KJV
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

God's Truth

How many laws do you keep? All six hundred plus? I try to keep the two commandments he gave. That is difficult enough.

Jesus gave the new commands in the New Testament. New Testament means New Covenant. After Jesus came and gave us new commands for the new covenant, he shed his blood for the new covenant. Covenant's of blood must be followed exactly.

Now tell me how you can obey the command to love if you break even one covenant that Jesus gave?

lifeisgood

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." (John 14:16-17). Why say "another", if He means 'the same'?

You, gt, read the verse as : 'And I will pray myself, and I will give you another me, that I may abide with you forever.'

keypurr

It bothered you so much that you had to reply twice to my post?!

Indeed....check it out in the original Greek and see for yourself that your very own hand-selected verse proclaims that true worshippers worship God as Father, Son(Truth) and Spirit. All nicely stated in the verse you selected.

Can't run from that one.
Don't trust the Greek, go to the Aramaic.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app