• Total voters

iamaberean

There is:

1) God the Father
2) God the Son
3) God the Holy Spirit

Yet, these three are one.

And, his name is Jesus!

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And, their name is Jesus!

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

What church or denomination are you affiliated with?

iamaberean

UM? You don't believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

As a Berean, I believe exactly what the scriptures say.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Show me where is says differently.

You might also that note, that all three are Spirit.

journey

As a Berean, I believe exactly what the scriptures say.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Show me where is says differently.

You might also that note, that all three are Spirit.

The Father is also known as God the Father.
The Word is also known as God the Son or Jesus Christ.
The Holy Ghost is also known as God the Holy Spirit.

I hope this helps you.

iamaberean

The Father is also known as God the Father.
The Word is also known as God the Son or Jesus Christ.
The Holy Ghost is also known as God the Holy Spirit.

I hope this helps you.

I don't deny that they can all be called God, it is just that you try to make them separate, when in truth they are one and the same.
We can also speak of me in the same way, I am a 'father', I am a 'son' and I am a 'husband' but that does not make me three persons.

I hope this helps you.

genuineoriginal

'Trinity' is deduced from the scriptures- pretty much, if you don't see it then you are simply inept or in rebellion against what the prophets and apostles reveal. The word doesn't need to be in there, if you don't believe Jesus is God than you are a Muslim- that's just simple fact home skillet. Call him Deity or prophet, but do not be so vain as to presume Jesus as an angel or some demigod, you fool.
He did not leave that option_

Many people that think they are arguing for the Trinity doctrine are really arguing for a Binity (two in one) doctrine, as shown by your argument.

The First Council of Nicaea in 325 CE formalized the Binity doctrine.
The Council of Constantinople in 360 CE formalized the Trinity doctrine.

genuineoriginal

The fundamental problem with those who do not accept the Trinity is that they fail to know who Jesus intrinsically was, in holy essence, at his conception
Why do you make the false assumption that it matters whether Jesus was a man, as scripture clearly states, or the Son of God, as scripture clearly states, or God Himself, which is not stated by any scripture?

genuineoriginal

:confused: Why wouldn't that matter?
The Bible tells us everything that matters for our belief, and your extra-Biblical doctrine is not on the list.

How's the 23rd verse of the New Testament for you? Matthew 1:23
How is Isaiah 8:8 for you?

By the way, that "virgin" is Mary, the Mother of God.

Mary is not the "Mother of God", that is a damnable heresy.

Mary is the woman chosen to give birth to the promised Messiah (Christ).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Bible tells us everything that matters for our belief, and your extra-Biblical doctrine is not on the list.
Is it extrabiblical that our Lord built the Church?
How is Isaiah 8:8 for you?
What do you deny about Matthew 1:23?
Mary is not the "Mother of God", that is a damnable heresy.
Says you.
Mary is the woman chosen to give birth to the promised Messiah (Christ).
And?

genuineoriginal

Is it extrabiblical that our Lord built the Church?
Actually, it is, since church is not a valid translation for ekklesia
If the Bible wanted to say He built His Church, it would have used the word kyriakós.

What do you deny about Matthew 1:23?
I am giving you another place in the Bible where the word is used.
If you think it means something different in Isaiah 8:8 than it does in Matthew 1:23, then explain why you think it is different.