The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

How sad that even though shown that without the BLOOD there is no remission of sin, you continue to reject the only thing God will see and accept for your salvation, the precious BLOOD of His Son, Christ Jesus shed on the Cross of Calvary.

More like how sad that you don't say anything whatsoever about the life of Christ!

How many times do I have to say that I do believe in the blood of Christ, just not in the way you believe? I believe his blood is his poured out life and his life in us that covers us. Not his natural blood on the cross.

He came by water and blood, which is by the word and he lived it out

So please stop saying I don't believe in the blood I do. I don't believe that Jesus' death on the cross saves us, it doesn't say that in the Bible. It says that we are saved by the grace of God through faith. I have asked you where it says in the Bible that we are saved by Christ's finished work on the cross and you haven't shown me. Actually saying that. Or that we are saved by death. I have shown you that it says we are saved his life. But your choose to ignore that scripture!

The only death God wants to see, is death to sin.

You believe that salvation is through the death of Jesus on the cross, I believe salvation is through him, through believing in him, and by the grace of God through faith in God and Christ, and by his life.

Once we know God and repent, we are saved from our past sins, then when we take the word in, we must turn from sin and obey God, following Jesus in the flesh and walking the walk and it's his life within manifest through the holy spirit which covers me before God, who puts to death the sins of my flesh so that they are no more seen, so the blood of Christ covers me by his life within me and and his life in my life outwardly and God sees his son in me and through me.

You say that eternal life is to believe in Christ's finished work on the cross, which I'm yet to see in the Bible, but the Bible does say that this is eternal life. To know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent, and I do know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent. I don't just believe anymore, I know them because I feel the spirit of God within me, guiding me and helping me overcome every day, guiding me to do things that my flesh would never do. I know what my flesh is like, it's awful, and through Christ, God is helping me to overcome. I was blind before but now I see, i was deaf but now I hear, I was lame but now I walk, I was dead now I'm alive and I know God and his holy son Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the brightest shining light that there ever was, a pure light to light the earth. And Satan tried to put that light out at the cross through the wicked hands of wicked people. But Christ resurrected in his people has brought that light right around the world, like stars in darkness to guide, and lighthouses in the sea to stop people from sinking. Christ is the light of the world, and that light is in his people, and by the spirit he's shining through them, and he's saving them, and through those who love him and God, he's bringing Gods love and his life to others.

And he is in his people the church, and through and by him he's bringing those in darkness into light and from death to life. Because without him we couldn't do it. Because he is the way, the truth and the life, and no-one gets to God without his life, without his way and he is the truth. And those who are his sheep hear his voice and follow him. We have faith in the living God and Christ and we live it out, deny ourselves bare our cross and follow Jesus, we are to be doers of the word and not hearers only and be partakers in his sufferings and obey the living God. As it says in the Bible! It doesn't say we are just to believe and do nothing else, if we believe we'll do!

God is love, and he wants sin put to death in our hearts, and replaced with his love and the life of Christ and this happens by the indwelling holy spirit alive within our hearts.

You want to just see the death of Christ, go ahead. But I see his life, his whole life! And I love him and God with all my heart, and I thank God that he's my judge and not you, because he, and only he knows my heart.

So if you've got nothing else to say except to condemn me and judge me, then I'm not going to answer you again regarding this. I've explained what I believe now, and you just keep repeating the same thing over and over. I've heard you, and i don't believe the same a you. I believe that it's the life of Jesus Christ that saves us, just as it says in the Bible!

Last edited:

keypurr

Keypurr, may I try please? I am not using a "Trinity" framework, but I think I can establish that the Holy Spirit is a person.

First, I'd like to establish the definition of "spirit" in our context. Four passages should suffice:

John 4:24 KJV
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Hebrews 1:7-8 KJV
(7) And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
(8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 12:9 KJV
(9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Revelation 16:14 KJV
(14) For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Out of the creations of God, do any of his angels bear the designation of the Holy Spirit? I am not aware of any evidence along those lines. But God is a spirit, and his created angels are spirits. If you were to refer to God, not in relation to Jesus (as Father), but as he works in invisible power among us in this world of his that he created, that is, as a spirit, how would you differentiate him from any other spirit? Angels are spirits, and devils are spirits. But which spirit is God?

Isaiah 57:15 KJV
(15) For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Other spirits exist but they cannot be called Holy. Of all the spirits that exist, there is only one whose name can be called Holy. The Holy Spirit. If you allow God in heaven to be a person, then he is a person no matter whether he is in heaven, or manifest in the flesh, or working invisibly among us. God is the Holy Spirit (and no other.)

I realize that even if you accept all that I said above, you might still see references to the Holy Spirit as a force, but it would be the force of a Spirit whose name is Holy who reigns in heaven above, also known as LORD God Almighty. And the LORD God is a person, for we are told that Jesus was the express image of his person.

Hebrews 1:1-3 KJV
(1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If God is a person, and the Holy Spirit is God, the the Holy Spirit must be a person.

A = B, C = A, therefore B= C.
We agree on a few things friend but all spirits are not God. Only one is. YHWH. Christ, his first creation, is also a spirit, not a man. Christ is a form of God but not God for he/it is a creation. The words in John 17:3 are very clear that there is only one most high God, the Father.

God has many agents that have been sent to us, these agents are not God but they represent God. To argue or try to cheat them is to do the same to God.

The Apostles never taught us about a trinity, that comes from the early pagan filled RCC. Greek to English contain a lot of ambiguous verses that are questionable. We need to prove all things for Satan has done a great job of distorting the truth about our God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Anointed does not mean God, and Christ does not mean God.

Christ means the anointed one of God

Anointed means anointed of God by the holy spirit.

Can you show me where it says in the Bible that Christ means God?

Anointed is about God and the Holy Spirit IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

God's Truth

Christ Jesus was praying to Himself at Gethsemane?

That is right, there are three.

Jesus was showing us what to do and letting us know that he was from God.

John 11:42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."

God's Truth

Lifeisgood thinks and teaches that Jesus was a God and that God the Father was another God, and they Holy Spirit yet another God.

That makes three different and separate Gods, according to the trinity doctrine.

But what does the Word of God say?

That Word of God says there are three but the three are One. ONE EVEN MEANS THE SAME.

God's Truth

I believe that scripture gives no such limitation on the methods God may use in elsewhere times and places. I also believe that you've made that up because you haven't shown where it says that.

You are the one who made things up. Just read what you said. You think that you are so great because you believe God can do anything He wants. That is true, God can do anything He wants, BUT HE DOES NOT GO AGAINST HIS WORD and nullify it!

You are an idiot.

God's Truth

God tells us in the Holy Bible what prophecies and tongues were for, and He also said they would cease.

Rosenwriter says God can still use these things, but what Rosenwriter fails to understand is that God is not going to say one thing but do another!

God's Truth

Are you trying to be obnoxious and offensive? Seriously, you need to level out a bit. Perhaps reread that 1 Corinthians 13 you quoted earlier bit this time foe the content of the context.

In truth I was trying to back up and start reading the Bible from ground zero without assumptions about God or Jesus. Tried to look for any scripture evidence of Trinity in the most positive light to be fair. Realized that everywhere it mentioned God it traced back to Jesus, and if Jesus wasn't God he had taken over by the end of Revelation.

If Pentecostals also teach realize that then maybe you should grant some credit rather than taking on the role of accuser. That job is already taken.

Revelation 12:10 KJV
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

You don't want to take his job do you?

I think you are helping him do his job.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Denying the Trinity is denying Christianity at it's most fundamental aspect- it's Godhead.

People don't understand how much they contradict, including ironically a lot of what they themselves hold to, in doing so.

Right Divider

Body part
His problem is bitterness with his former Church . That bitterness allowed him to swallow evil doctrine and also closed his mind super tight.
I would partially agree with that. But his primary problem is unbelief and therefore, spiritual blindness.

All of the anti-trinitarians here on TOL have some cockamamie story of God's nature based on some cherry-picked verses. Then, they ignore the rest of the Bible.

The simple fact that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit share ONE NAME is not good enough for these poor lost souls.

Matt 28:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This NAME refers to THEIR authority.... which they ALL have, since they are GOD.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would partially agree with that. But his primary problem is unbelief and therefore, spiritual blindness.

All of the anti-trinitarians here on TOL have some cockamamie story of God's nature based on some cherry-picked verses. Then, they ignore the rest of the Bible.

The simple fact that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit share ONE NAME is not good enough for these poor lost souls.

Matt 28:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This NAME refers to THEIR authority.... which they ALL have, since they are GOD.

Yes, and the verse quoted in my signature should be plain to anyone who desires the truth.