The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not talking about the people who are false, there are true people of God out there preaching the truth living it out and doing Gods will. And they have different strengths and different roles in the body of Christ. It doesn't say anywhere that what Paul said was only for that time. It says that Christ appoints them to different roles.

These are in every generation, for the edification of the body of Christ. Whilst the church of Christ is alive, there will be men and women of God alive with different gifts and different things to do to keep the body alive in God.

What's your role in the Body of Christ?

marhig

You mean it doesn't say anywhere that what Paul said was for our times.

There are no nowadays tongues and no prophecies.

You know you cannot add any prophecy to the Bible.
God is a living God, he guides and speaks directly to his people. God still communicates through his people. He still has his people out doing his will. Just like he has done in times past. God has never stopped communicating through his people and to his people.

God's Truth

God is a living God, he guides and speaks directly to his people. God still communicates through his people. He still has his people out doing his will. Just like he has done in times past. God has never stopped communicating through his people and to his people.

He has stopped giving tongues and prophecies.

Rosenritter

I know tongues and prophecies have stopped because the Bible shows that it has stopped.
The Bible says something else GT.

Revelation 11:3 KJV
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

That's a prophecy that there will be more prophecy. But nothing saying there will be no more prophecy. Why would you say that though? If you read it somewhere, then please show us where. Otherwise it might be worth reconsidering why you would limit God in such a way.

Rosenritter

Can you show me where in the Bible that it says that Christ means God? Thanks
I could show that God is also our Christ, but those are different words. Lion of Judah and Lamb of God also have different meanings but are names used by the same as well.

marhig

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

That's a prophecy that there will be more prophecy. But nothing saying there will be no more prophecy. Why would you say that though? If you read it somewhere, then please show us where. Otherwise it might be worth reconsidering why you would limit God in such a way.

And this

Acts 2

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

marhig

I could show that God is also our Christ, but those are different words. Lion of Judah and Lamb of God also have different meanings but are names used by the same as well.
And I can show verse after verse after verse that God is the God and father of Jesus and Jesus is the son of God. But, GT said that Christ means God. Christ means anointed one, and Jesus was anointed of God as it says in the Bible.

I've never seen in the Bible where it said that Christ means God. So i was just asking where it is.

God's Truth

You gave a scripture about two prophesying.

Tell the truth, do you believe only the two witnesses are people prophesying, or do you believe more than two?

If you believe those scriptures about witnesses are nations of people, tell me, has not those nations already prophesied?

God's Truth

Good for you for knowing that Jesus is God the Father. However, how do you know this? Do you know this because you were taught by the false denomination called Pentecostals, or were you taught by God on your own?

God's Truth

And this

Acts 2

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

lol

Those scriptures you posted are about those times and the speaker reciting what WAS SAID in the Old Testament.

God's Truth

And I can show verse after verse after verse that God is the God and father of Jesus and Jesus is the son of God. But, GT said that Christ means God. Christ means anointed one, and Jesus was anointed of God as it says in the Bible.

I've never seen in the Bible where it said that Christ means God. So i was just asking where it is.

If Christ does not mean God, and if anointed does not mean mean God, then what do you think it means?

God's Truth

Christ means God,anointed means God. Read the scriptures with that knowledge and you will have more understanding. Again, if Christ does not mean God, what do you think it means? If anointed by God does not mean anointed with God, then what do you think it means?

lifeisgood

Don't chuck links at me, if you say it is so easy and pervasive then show me. I seriously tried to construct Trinity from scripture once, tried to start from zero, tossed out assumptions that Jesus was God, and came out on the other side that Jesus was the only God. No Trinity emerged.

I thought I proved Trinity for a moment, but I misunderstood what Trinity meant. Why did I not know? Because I wasn't reading a man made creed. I was only using the Bible which lacks such definition or clear teaching.

If you want to know if the principle of the Trinity / Tri-unity of God can be found in the Bible, you can if you so desire.

The links were just a courtesy.

It seems from your response that you have already made up your mind that YOU cannot see Father, Son, Holy Spirit throughout the Bible and you expect me to convince you of what you have already convinced yourself of. I cannot convince you of anything as I have previously stated. Neither can you convince me of anything as I have previously also stated.

Rosenritter

Good for you for knowing that Jesus is God the Father. However, how do you know this? Do you know this because you were taught by the false denomination called Pentecostals, or were you taught by God on your own?
Are you trying to be obnoxious and offensive? Seriously, you need to level out a bit. Perhaps reread that 1 Corinthians 13 you quoted earlier bit this time foe the content of the context.

In truth I was trying to back up and start reading the Bible from ground zero without assumptions about God or Jesus. Tried to look for any scripture evidence of Trinity in the most positive light to be fair. Realized that everywhere it mentioned God it traced back to Jesus, and if Jesus wasn't God he had taken over by the end of Revelation.

If Pentecostals also teach realize that then maybe you should grant some credit rather than taking on the role of accuser. That job is already taken.

Revelation 12:10 KJV
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

You don't want to take his job do you?

Rosenritter

You gave a scripture about two prophesying.

Tell the truth, do you believe only the two witnesses are people prophesying, or do you believe more than two?

If you believe those scriptures about witnesses are nations of people, tell me, has not those nations already prophesied?
I believe that scripture gives no such limitation on the methods God may use in elsewhere times and places. I also believe that you've made that up because you haven't shown where it says that.

lifeisgood

If our flesh doesn't die, then the spirit can't live, and Christ won't be seen in us and through us!

Your flesh can only die when it is under the BLOOD. The Holy Spirit only works within the parameters of the finished work on the Cross of Calvary.