The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Starting with that express image that is looking back at you in the mirror. :chuckle:

I do not expect you to see my thoughts. Your comfortable stumbling in the dark. It took me 65 years to understand what "express image" really meant. If you wake up to Heb 1 some day it may change your life.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

The boldfaced above is where that chain of reasoning went wrong. We are told that there was nothing created that he did not create. He's not a creation, he's the Creator.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?115654-The-Trinity&p=5084783&viewfull=1#post5084783

You never did respond with an answer there. If there was a "Spirit Son" that possessed the man Jesus, then how come it's Jesus talking to us in the vision of Revelation, using the very names of God for himself? Where did this Spirit Son go? Irrelevant, apparently, which is exactly what we would expect for a made up theory like that anyway. It seems the only God that matters now calls himself Jesus, and He tells us that He is the one who died, and lives, and is alive forevermore.

God is the creator of all, but he used his first creation, the express image, to do it all. That spirit son was given the FULLNESS of the Father, Col 1. He is a created godlike creature, the firstborn of all creatures. If you IQ has three digits you should be able to see what I am showing you.

The spirit son is at the right hand of the Father. He is a servant of his God. The highest of God's agents. However he is a creation not a God, he is a form of God, not God. Jesus Christ told you that his Father is the only true God, listen to him for he does not lie. Jesus Christ is "a" god. Greek to English translations distort a lot of meaning sometimes.

As Paul tells us we have one God AND one Lord Jesus Christ.
There is not three person God.

Rosenritter

God is the creator of all, but he used his first creation, the express image, to do it all. That spirit son was given the FULLNESS of the Father, Col 1. He is a created godlike creature, the firstborn of all creatures. If you IQ has three digits you should be able to see what I am showing you.

The spirit son is at the right hand of the Father. He is a servant of his God. The highest of God's agents. However he is a creation not a God, he is a form of God, not God. Jesus Christ told you that his Father is the only true God, listen to him for he does not lie. Jesus Christ is "a" god. Greek to English translations distort a lot of meaning sometimes.

As Paul tells us we have one God AND one Lord Jesus Christ.
There is not three person God.

If God hired a contractor called "Spirit Son" to do the work for him, then how come he says that he created the heavens and the earth alone? And how could you call God the Creator if he didn't do the Creating? Your story may have some holes, but that doesn't mean it's holy.

Isaiah 44:24-25 KJV
(24) Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
(25) That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;

He doesn't say, "I am the LORD that made one thing" and he says that he performed this creation by himself. This knowledge that you say you came across in sixty years is made a bit foolish. Stick with what we're told in the first place please, you are no replacement for the Old Testament.

God's Truth

I wish I knew how to pull up the reputation comments section other than waiting for a new comment to come in and trigger a prompt. Your loving inserts bring a warmth that I'd love to share. They always make me smile.

You deserve it too. People who call others foul names are judged even as they judge.

popsthebuilder

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

You can't get out of it. You have to believe it.
Could these be referring to Christ, yet not exactly the same physical man Jesus that walked the earth some 2000 years ago?

RealityJerk

So you don't like Paul. I will prove my beliefs to you then with John. How about that? Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

Jesus is a spirit, but he is not YHWH. YHWH has seven spirits, according to :

Rev_1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev_3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Stars in the bible, often represent angels....

Rev_4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev_5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Our Lord is described three times as having "eyes . . as a flame of fire" (Rev. 1:14; 2:18; 19:12). There seems an inescapable link with the Angels being a "flame of fire" (Ps. 104:4)- as if Jesus now being in control of the Angels uses them as His means of gathering information and executing judgement.

Amo 9:4 And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
Amo 9:5 And the Lord GOD of hosts/armies (angels) is he that toucheth the land, and it shall melt, and all that dwell therein shall mourn: and it shall rise up wholly like a flood; and shall be drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
Amo 9:6 It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.
Amo 9:7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? (The Angels Brought Them Out) and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
Amo 9:8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

Psa 78:49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them (..holy warrior angels of destruction).
Psa 78:50 He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;
Psa 78:51 And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

YHWH smote the firstborn, through His angels...

"These seven. . . are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and from through the whole earth" (Zech. 4:10).

The hosts/armies of YHWH, are His angels. They are His eyes, His sword, His chariot..etc . YHWH's Angels/eyes "run" (this is a figure referring to an enthusiastic response to YHWH's command. See Ps. 147:15 and Ps. 103:21,21; Job 38:35).

The eyes of YHWH are associated with His angelic protection of Israel, His people.

"The eyes of the Lord run to and from throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him" (2 Chron. 16:9).

HALELUYAH!

"The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous" (Ps. 34:15).

"The eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him. . . the Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him" (Ps. 33:18; 34:7).

Dan. 4:17 "This matter is by the decree of the watchers. . the holy ones".

The "watchers" watch, they look, see, they are the "eyes" of YHWH.

According to Rev 1:4, John believes the seven spirits (Angels), “which are before his throne”, can grant the churches of Asia, grace and peace (They ultimately achieve that, through the spirit and power of YHWH, working through their commander and chief, the archangel..The Son Of YHWH..). If you argue that these seven spirits, are just “symbols” of something, then one can apply the same line of reasoning, to the spirit that speaks to the churches of Asia in Rev 2:7, turning that spirit into a mere symbol. That's not a reasonable option.

Likewise, following your train of thought, we would have to conclude, that Elijah is YHWH. If the Spirit of YHWH, being associated or identified with one of his agents, makes that agent, YHWH Himself, then according to the following verses, Elijah is YHWH:

2Ki_2:9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

2Ki_2:15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

Did the prophet Elisha, receive a double portion of Elijah’s spirit? Was Elisha asking Elijah, to possess him, with his spirit? Was Elisha operating with the spirit of Elijah, rather than the spirit of YHWH? The prophets themselves, said that the spirit of Elijah, rested on Elisha. They then fell flat on their faces, before Elisha. Isn’t this odd? Well, it is, if you ignore Hebraic thought. The Hebraic concept of the Shaliach or agency. God’s spirit, is identified, as “Elijah’s spirit”, because God’s spirit is working through Elijah (His official agent/representative). So they become as one, in purpose, will, action. That doesn’t imply that YHWH’s agents, are literally YHWH.

Here in the gospel of Luke we find the following:

Luk_1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

John the Baptist, is said to have come “in the spirit and power of Elias/Elijah”. Not only did John The Baptist, come in the spirit and power of Elijah, but he is identified as Elijah Himself:

Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus Himself, identifies John as Elijah. Does this imply that John the Baptist is literally Elijah? No. Does the gospel of Luke assert that John The Baptist, came literally in the spirit and power of Elijah? No. He actually came in the spirit and power of YHWH. But we can, without contradiction or committing idolatry, identify the spirit and power of YHWH, as the spirit and power of Elijah. The same divine anointing, authority, power, that was working in and through Elijah, was in and working through, John The Baptist. That’s what the term “spirit and power of Elijah” denotes.

If there was a cult or religion, that considered Elijah GOD, they would be citing the above verses as “proof” of Elijah’s divinity. Your claim that, the spirit mentioned in Rev 2:7 is the spirit of Jesus and since it is also, perhaps, the spirit of YHWH, this makes Jesus YHWH, is based on poor reasoning and a flawed understanding of biblical principles, like the principle of divine agency.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You either eat it and digest it, or you keep it in the fridge. You need to decide, one or the other. If Jesus is YHWH, because YHWH’s spirit is identified with Jesus’ spirit, then we can likewise say that Elijah is the spirit of YHWH, because Elisha and John The Baptist, operated in “Elijah’s spirit and power”.

I don’t have his nick name here in front of me, but on this thread there is a poster, that subscribes to an adoptionist Christology. He might be right. The Logos, tabernacled in Jesus, in full measure, hence He became the second Adam and savior of the world. That might very well be the case, but I lean towards the view that Jesus pre-existed His human incarnation, as the archangel, that stands for Israel:

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

The Archangel MikaEl / Like God. That’s why the spirit that had the position of “light bearer”/ Lucifer, tried to usurp the throne from him. No one is foolish enough to think they can replace YHWH, the infinite and eternal source of life and power. Angels aren’t that dumb. He tried to take YHWH’s throne away from His Son, the angel closest to the Infinite Eternal Light. The Heavenly Father / The Eternal source of ALL is made manifest to the angels, through the archangel, MikaEl. The rebel spirit, failed. He and his cronies, waged a war in heaven. A war between the forces of divine order/light vs the forces of chaos/darkness. The rebels were defeated and cast out of the light, into the lower darkness. The abyss.

What we are, and how we relate to all of these events, is a mystery. At this time, we don’t have the answer. All we know is something went very wrong, and that’s why we’re in this deplorable state. Subject to disease and death, to this mortal flesh, that wars against the light that is within us. Christ descended into the abyss, to liberate us from the powers of chaos and destruction. From this carnal cosmic mess.

You're next RosenRitter. Prepare for glory....