The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

I understand that death has a primary meaning of the cessation of life. I also understand that death can be used in metaphor, drawing on the image of the cessation of life, such as "dead in sins" or "dead to the world" or a "dead battery." And when reading scripture, the rule of biblical interpretation that I remember is that we are to consider first the primary meaning of each word within the passage, and to consider other meanings if the original meaning does not make normal sense, but never to place other meanings first when the primary meaning is natural to the verse.
So, Jesus was dead to sin, and Satan has the power of death, meaning he is keeping people away from God and dead in their sins, and in chains of darkness. Jesus preached the gospel to save those who believe in him and the word of God, from Satan, darkness and death and bring them into light and life. His words are Spirit and they are life. As we are saved through him, through faith by the grace of God.

marhig

1 Peter 4:5-6 KJV
(5) Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
(6) For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There seems to be quite a few different opinions about this passage. For example, some say that "them that are dead" means those who are walking in sin, doomed to die, such as found in Ephesians 2:1-5 and Colossians 2:13, or even in the sense of "dead" as the meaning where the father says that the prodigal son was "dead."

Ephesians 2:1-5 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved: )

From the context of 1 Peter 4:6, do you have anything to establish that it means that the "dead" means literally dead, and if so, that it means they were literally dead when that gospel was preached to them, rather than having died after that preaching?

Thanks.
Excellent post, that's exactly how I was thinking :)

In peter 4:6 Peter means that the gospel is preached to all, the quick a the dead to judge them. Quickened in God, and dead as being dead to God, with the hope that the dead might believe and live according to God in the Spirit.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do try to insult me and that is not right. I am no Pharisee. The Pharisees did not repent of their sins, and if they did believe Jesus was God, they did not acknowledge it. Jesus says those who do not acknowledge him before others he will not acknowledge them before the Father.

As for Catholics and Baptists, if both believe that they are true, then the both are to be divided against each other. As for Baptists and the Nazarene church, all denominations preach falseness. All denominations teach that confusion about faith alone. WE ARE TO OBEY GOD. Obeying God does not make one condemned. The confusion comes from misunderstanding that we are not saved by the works of the law, i.e. purification/ceremonial works; and, Paul explains that no one is saved just because they helped him and the other disciples, as in their doing good things for others, as in Ephesians 1:15-18,and Ephesians 2:8-10. We are saved by believing and obeying Jesus, and that is evident when we come to him in repentance of sins.

As for you saying something bad is going to happen in August, I asked you if you ever said anything like that before and it not happen, you confirmed that you have done that. I am not condemning you for that, I am just explaining that your words might fail again and that you cannot claim God told you something and it not happen.

I am for love and I believe telling others the truth and proving it with scripture is love.

Dear God's Truth,

You think you know EVERYTHING and are RIGHT about everything?! Not happening, woman. I have made a couple mistakes in the past. I have made more Truthful predictions than you would ever be able to. Yes, God is with me. I know something will happen this August. My mistake was telling everyone about it. I cannot say when the earthquake will happen in Hollywood, but I can say that it will be utterly burned with fire, before the earthquake, and that the earthquake will happen, and it shall be a GREAT one!! No, musterion pressed me for a three month deadline, but I can say perhaps, or not. Either way, he WILL find out that I was telling the truth about everything else. 97% isn't bad, now is it? Can you do better, or not? NOT!!

Every religion has some true beliefs and some false beliefs. I don't know one who has got it all right, except a church called the Lord's House, that I used to go to in Michigan. No one is right 100% of the time, except God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. Everyone else is susceptible to saying something wrong. Leave me alone, unless you KNOW what you are talking about.

I agree with you about a lot of things, but not this, GT.

Very Sincerely,

Michael

sniderland007

Interesting, thanks. I see the trinity also in the rem of science. 4 dimensions of the universe. One of them is time, which is a constant arrow from creation to recreation. Christ came in the fullness of God's timing. He had already appeared throughout the history of the Jews. As when he visted Abraham. Do we all want a God we can understand? No beginning no end. We aren't going to understand God, but we have been made joint heirs through Christ. But as the apostle Paul said," we see through a darken glass.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Dear God's Truth,

You think you know EVERYTHING and are RIGHT about everything?! Not happening, woman. I have made a couple mistakes in the past. I have made more Truthful predictions than you would ever be able to. Yes, God is with me. I know something will happen this August. My mistake was telling everyone about it. I cannot say when the earthquake will happen in Hollywood, but I can say that it will be utterly burned with fire, before the earthquake, and that the earthquake will happen, and it shall be a GREAT one!! No, musterion pressed me for a three month deadline, but I can say perhaps, or not. Either way, he WILL find out that I was telling the truth about everything else. 97% isn't bad, now is it? Can you do better, or not? NOT!!

Every religion has some true beliefs and some false beliefs. I don't know one who has got it all right, except a church called the Lord's House, that I used to go to in Michigan. No one is right 100% of the time, except God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. Everyone else is susceptible to saying something wrong. Leave me alone, unless you KNOW what you are talking about.

Very Sincerely,

Michael

You speak much falseness and are slanderous as you try to demean others. Go work out your salvation with trembling and fear.

God's Truth

GE, you've got a small problem when it comes to truth it seems.

After ignoring you for some time because of the sheer idiocy of the accusation, I eventually did tell you "I am not Evil Eye" and somewhat mocked you by asking if you wanted to ask if I was Lon or Ask Mr. Religion or anyone else now.

Then you acknowledged the post with a reply of your own. You explained that Evil Eye was known to have multiple accounts.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5069909&viewfull=1#post5069909

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5070246&viewfull=1#post5070246

It's hard for me to tell whether are lying or if your brain is really that deficient that it just makes up random things like that. Maybe some of both.

You are a horrible person who is bent on demeaning others. You need the Lord. If you humble yourself you might find him.

God's Truth

Where do you see anyone speaking about applying the gospel to angels?

You did.

God said let us make man in our image and you say it was God speaking about Him and the angels going to make humans.

You are a horrific person who needs to go away for awhile and do what those in Nineveh did.

God's Truth

Hebrews 12:9 KJV
(9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

I am inclined to think that title "Father of spirits" would be applicable to the Creator of those spirits. Who created those spirits Glory? What does scripture tell us? John 1:3, Col 1:16?

You speak some truth among much lies and denial. Do you really think you are any better off for that?
You are in deeper trouble for that.

God's Truth

1 Peter 4:5-6 KJV
(5) Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
(6) For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There seems to be quite a few different opinions about this passage. For example, some say that "them that are dead" means those who are walking in sin, doomed to die, such as found in Ephesians 2:1-5 and Colossians 2:13, or even in the sense of "dead" as the meaning where the father says that the prodigal son was "dead."
No evil twisting can change the truth. Jesus died on the cross and went to prison/hell in the Spirit and that is how he filled the whole universe. If he didn't literally go to hell, the past, where spirits of humans lived, then he did not literally fill the whole universe and you put into question if he really ascended to the highest place if he did not descend to the lowest place.

You are a mess. Repentance would do you well.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

God's Truth

I would like you and pops to get along, why wouldn't i? Be careful how you twist things GT, that's not the truth about me, I didn't hate you both getting along at all. Thats all in your head because you go on the defensive with anyone who doesn't agree with you.

So preaching to the dead in hell, do you mean those who are naturally dead, and what scriptures are you referring to? I've been wondering, thanks.

You are not speaking the truth. You are a contentious person.

Rosenritter

So, Jesus was dead to sin, and Satan has the power of death, meaning he is keeping people away from God and dead in their sins, and in chains of darkness. Jesus preached the gospel to save those who believe in him and the word of God, from Satan, darkness and death and bring them into light and life. His words are Spirit and they are life. As we are saved through him, through faith by the grace of God.

The weak spot in that chain of logic is that you are the one that said Jesus was "dead to sin." That's not what the Bible said. If we use the Bible to interpret the Bible, we should first allow it to be interpreted using the terms that it provides, rather than inserting our own.

There's nothing wrong with you saying that Jesus was "dead to sin" as long as you maintain perspective: that is your analogy, not the rule for interpreting the word "dead" in the scripture.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Excellent post, that's exactly how I was thinking :)

In peter 4:6 Peter means that the gospel is preached to all, the quick a the dead to judge them. Quickened in God, and dead as being dead to God, with the hope that the dead might believe and live according to God in the Spirit.

I didn't post an original idea. I checked a couple commentaries and that's actually the normal and usual interpretation of that passage.

Rosenritter

Dear God's Truth,

Very Sincerely,

Michael

The prophets of God are correct 100% of the time. If they aren't then they weren't prophets of God. Given that God tells us to pay no attention to any prophet that gives a prophecy that does not come to pass, that means if you ever gave a false prophecy before, he wasn't using you as a prophet then, and he wouldn't be using you as a prophet now. You ought to surrender this prophecy business ASAP.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

You are a horrible person who is bent on demeaning others. You need the Lord. If you humble yourself you might find him.

Right... so I'm a horrible person for countering your lie, by putting the evidence up where it can be seen? If you really were about "God's Truth" you ought to show at least a little bit of remorse when you're caught like that.

... or would it have been better to let you keep spreading false gossip (gossip that you and only you created) that had already been addressed on public forum?

Last edited:

Rosenritter

You did.

God said let us make man in our image and you say it was God speaking about Him and the angels going to make humans.

You are a horrific person who needs to go away for awhile and do what those in Nineveh did.

Never said anything about the angels making humans. You should try reading more carefully.

Rosenritter

I have no such deal with demons. You are a false prophet trying to curse the children of God.

Right, because an appeal of "Can you please go twenty-four hours without accusing others or making up that you are being attacked" was really the deal of a demon. Because an attempt to exercise love and perseverance is really a curse.

Rosenritter

No evil twisting can change the truth. Jesus died on the cross and went to prison/hell in the Spirit and that is how he filled the whole universe. If he didn't literally go to hell, the past, where spirits of humans lived, then he did not literally fill the whole universe and you put into question if he really ascended to the highest place if he did not descend to the lowest place.

You are a mess. Repentance would do you well.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

Peter tells us that Jesus descended into hell in the same manner as David, and points to the sepulcher as evidence that David remains. He descended to the grave, he ascended to heaven. The dead are dead unless and until they are resurrected, Jesus has already risen and is alive forever more. That's the difference.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The prophets of God are correct 100% of the time. If they aren't then they weren't prophets of God. Given that God tells us to pay no attention to any prophet that gives a prophecy that does not come to pass, that means if you ever gave a false prophecy before, he wasn't using you as a prophet then, and he wouldn't be using you as a prophet now. You ought to surrender this prophecy business ASAP.

Well I rather imagine those prophets that started lying later were prophets of God to start with.

Michael talks a lot about angels visiting him, too. :think:

Rosenritter

Well I rather imagine those prophets that started lying later were prophets of God to start with.

Michael talks a lot about angels visiting him, too. :think:

Delusions (imagined) or angels of light (2 Corinthians 11:14, real) can both be dangerous if heeded. A false spirit isn't going to come to a believer in the form of horns hooves and a tail, it's going to come claiming to be an angel of God, and maybe even has some special effects or miracles as reinforcement. I don't have any dislike for Michael, he's a nice enough fellow, but I don't think he is properly testing the spirits.