The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

The two of you are saying the same thing.

His very nature was sinless AMD did not require Him to be symbolically dead to His fresh as His own desire was the desire of GOD.

can we please not bicker over such minute discrepancies?

please?

Can none see that our division is our falling?

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm trying to get GT to see, I'm saying what she's saying but she can't see it, I'm not talking about Jesus being dead in any other way but dead to the flesh and this world and him being a living sacrifice is him sacrificing his life, laying it down to do the will of God.

I'm not bickering pops, only talking. :)

marhig

His very nature was sinless AMD did not require Him to be symbolically dead to His fresh as His own desire was the desire of GOD.

please?

peace

By the way, I was thinking about us laying down our lives the other day, and I thought that God has to come first, so for us to lay down our lives for others and do the will of God is to put him and them first. Then it came to me as to what this means, whatever I'm doing in my daily life, if I see the need in others, or I get the chance to speak about God to anyone, I'm to stop whatever I'm doing and help them if I can, or speak to them. And put God first and keep him in my mind, ready to do these things and be ready to do his will when I'm needed.

I could be shopping, out for a meal, out with my family, be wherever I am, and whatever I'm doing I have to be ready for God to use me, thinking of him and praying to him always. And looking for the opportunity to bring him to others, and to glorify him.

And Jesus did this always, every second of every day, God came first, he sacrificed his whole life to live by the will of God and live for others, to bring the love and word of God to them with the hope of saving as many as would truly believe in the word and in him.

This is what it is to be a living sacrifice, to be put to death by the Spirit and live to do the will of God, thinking of him always, be instant in prayer, putting him first in everything, in everything we do, every day of our lives.

popsthebuilder

Romans: 5. 1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4. And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5. And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. 12. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 18. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21. That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans: 6. 1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7. For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans: 8. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25. But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. 26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Contrary to scripture and the conscience, some would have us think we are to remain carnally minded and alive(dead) in sin/ dead in spirit.

Some might notice the distinction made repeatedly between Christ and GOD though they are indeed the self same Spirit now.

peace

lifeisgood

lifeisgood

If you think one doesn't do anything in response to the free gift of faith then you think faith is ineffectual.

NEVER said what you are asserting I said. You have a comprehension thingy going on.

If you think belief is simply telling others you believe,

TO BE SAVED?

as opposed to living in belief as if it is actually true, then you're telling others belief is equal to what they were before their belief and the free gift of faith IN GOD.

AFTER God has SAVED YOU or BEFORE?

Are you saying, exactly, the same as, gt, that a UNbeliever can OBEY God BEFORE God has saved them? (Notice it is a question and not an assertion, just in case.)

lifeisgood

What did you say about my faith? The part where you said it wasn't from the Holy Spirit; or the part where you equated it's effects similar to the actions of a pagan?

I said nothing about YOUR faith.

If you are a Christian, the Holy Spirit will tell you when you are going the wrong way and He will turn you around.

Man, you comprehension thingy is really off.

lifeisgood

You claim I have a reading comprehension problem.

Which you do.

You also claim the Christ of GOD didn't preach for any reason whatsoever evidently, as you claim the teachings are of no significance and not to be adhered to by the believer.

Example of a comprehension thingy being off.

You not believing the words of the Son of GOD, yet constantly gravitating towards the "death" of GOD isn't worrisome to you?

The ONLY 'worry' I have is if I ever stop looking at Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary, which gives me His Life.

Oh...thats right; no conscience.

When did you take the place of God, popsthebuilder, to assert that another person has no conscience?

lifeisgood

I've never heard of the foundation being too the finished product, but the structure to be built upon. To you though, the foundation is the finished product. It really is sad. Do you think He sacrificed Himself for your sake, just so you can act upon your every desire, yet act not upon what you believe (know). Belief is knowledge in case you were wondering. To do nothing with that knowledge upon reception is chaos and indifference. I would ask you to reference Jesus's words in scripture supporting your false claim and broken, fake belief; but it would be an exercise in futility as one who thinks so little of His words wouldnt have a clue about them most likely.

The FINISHED foundation is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary. This is Christianity 101.

Any person building their construction on anything else but Jesus Christ and His Work, and all you construct is constructed on sinking sand.

Hopefully, you will turn your comprehension thingy on today.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Any proclaiming osas as complete truth is lying to themselves. It isn't about what one brings to a thing they are unaware is going to happen; it is what they do with the foundation their beliefs are set up on. How is a foundation and material a completed house?

If you are IN Christ, being that He and His Work is a FINISHED/COMPLETED house, then all you bring AFTER He has welcomed you into HIS FINISHED/COMPLETED house is of no consequence to Him.

What YOU do AFTER He has saved you, is of consequence TO YOU, but not to Him.

lifeisgood

How does actual belief (knowledge) allow one to remain in the dark?

Belief is NOT knowledge.

Knowledge comes AFTER belief. I believe it is around 90 degrees right now. That is a belief. When I look at the thermometer and find out if it is 90 degrees or not, that is knowledge.

You have it the other way around and that is why you do not comprehend what I am saying.

God's Truth

Can't you see what I mean? I didn't say dead in his flesh, I said dead to his flesh. That's totally different!

And I said that wrong anyway, I don't mean his flesh, I mean the flesh. Because Jesus wasn't of the flesh in any way whatsoever! He was completely dead to all the lusts if it!

You just refuse to be corrected even though I think you agree with what I am saying.

We die to the sins of the world but we are to be alive in Christ and do good with our bodies.

It just is not proper to say Jesus was dead when he calls those in sin 'dead'.

It is not right to say he was dead when we are to offer our bodies as 'living' sacrifices.

It is not right to say that Jesus was dead before he was killed on the cross.

lifeisgood

To believe is to live according to said belief as if it is true. Unless you don't beleive it to be true.

If your belief is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary you ought to live by that belief.

Everyone works at all times at something. It is either good or bad. Actual faith in GOD grows, and with said growth it does produce good fruit (works). If it doesn't produce, or produces bad fruit (works) then it isn't really faith, and will never lead to faithfulness to the bridegroom. But please; do show me faith without works, and while your at it, show me how faith isn't effectual to the believer and that the eternal GOD died so you can promote all evil, while playing dumb.

Again, highlighted, TO BE SAVED? which is the premise of the converstation you got in the middle of.

I did nothing to help Christ as I knew him not. What is your excuse? Did the Holy Spirit imform you to preach against the teachings of the Christ?

I have NEVER done what you are libely accusing me of.

If you were dead to sin then you wouldn't sin, not just ignore it when you do. If you had died in Christ then you would be new, now, at this time; and assuredly not speaking the gross insidious lies you do. What lie you ask? That faith is ineffectual and belief is indifference mixed with lip service.

I am dead to sin. (Galatians 2:20)

Do I have proof of your seared conscience; you give more with each response.

Wow! I say that the ONLY hope any person has is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary, and you accuse me of having a seared conscience. Wow, indeed, popsthebuilder.

God's Truth

His very nature was sinless and did not require Him to be symbolically dead to His flesh as His own desire (even of his flesh was the desire of GOD.

please?

peace

Popsthebuilder, this is important. Please don't call anything minuscule when it comes to Christ.

I see exactly what marhig is saying, but it is good for her to get it that we are not all dead like those in sin, there are those who are walking, talking, people alive in Christ.

God's Truth

That's what I'm trying to get GT to see, I'm saying what she's saying but she can't see it, I'm not talking about Jesus being dead in any other way but dead to the flesh and this world and him being a living sacrifice is him sacrificing his life, laying it down to do the will of God.

I'm not bickering pops, only talking. :)

You are the one who can't see it.

You call Jesus dead.

How do you ever get that as right?

We are to be dead to sin, dead to pleasing the flesh with sin.

We are to offer our bodies as LIVING sacrifices.

YOU SAID Jesus was a dead sacrifice.

lifeisgood

I will NEVER equate myself to more than nothing but what GOD has provided.

Would you like to enumerate them (not a question).

When did I say I was GOD....oh, that's right; projection and lack of reading comprehension; I wasn't even talking about you when i said "I know".

Yes, that is exactly what I said; you read really, really well.

In case you missed it due to lack of comprehension; that was an attempt at sarcasm.

In case you missed it, popsthebuilder, due to YOUR lack of comprehension; the response was an attempt at sarcasm.

Your person; equating GOD to just another person again I see. Wait, sorry; three people....but I'm the pagan.....please...

Do you believe in Father, Son, Holy Spirit? I am assuming you do, then you believe in the Trinity/Trinity of GOD (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Anybody has a problem with GOD (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) go take it up with the Trinity/Triune GOD (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Now.... I'm done with this little game. I gave you ample chance to avoid this wholly, but you refused.

Because you want me to take my eyes away from the ONLY hope there is — Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary, and, I am sorry, I cannot oblige you.

Your words are a waste of my time, and my words back to you, you have made up your mind not to hear. It wasn't my intent to drag this out, but to avoid it. I will attempt to avoid it again. But it may be dependent upon your words and actions as well, as difficult a concept that may be for you to grasp.

When you can come down from your horse and work from the foundation which is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary, then you will see that YOUR words are not a waste of YOUR time.

marhig

Popsthebuilder, this is important. Please don't call anything minuscule when it comes to Christ.

I see exactly what marhig is saying, but it is good for her to get it that we are not all dead like those in sin, there are those who are walking, talking, people alive in Christ.
GT you cant see that there are 2 different deaths? Dead in sin and dead to the flesh.

Jesus wasn't dead in sin, because he never sinned unlike us, we are dead in sin before we know God.

But Jesus was dead to sin, dead to his flesh and this world but alive in God, we become alive in God once we are quickened by the Spirit and are born of God.

Why can't you understand what I'm saying? You seem to think I'm saying that Jesus is dead in sin, when I mean totally the opposite! How can you not see it?

lifeisgood

I agree with that, but Jesus was dead before he went on the cross, and what I mean by that is, dead to this world and flesh. He was a living sacrifice and he sacrificed his life to do the will of God.

So, Jesus was dead. He did not eat, He did not sleep, He did not get tired, He did not cry, He did not get angry. Got it.

You are a rejecter of The Truth, denying His Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary as the ONLY way TO BE SAVED and to STAY SAVED.