The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Explain this;

John 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

The NIV is just another untrustworthy translation. Greek to English leaves a lot to be desired.

Read it in the AENT:

Yochanan 1:18 (John 1:18)

Man has not ever seen Elohim. The Only Begotten of Elochim, he who is in the bosom of his Father, he has declared him.

Aramaic English New Testament is more accurate because it was translated directly from the Hebrew. The Greek carries and lot of baggage in it.

keypurr

This could also be polled: Is John 1 in the Bible? Yes, No, Not Sure

Only one answer but apparently *17+1 don't deal well with straight-forward questions...

* (numbers subject to change in poll results and God can save inept people) Proverbs 3:34

Here is a copy of John 1 for you Lon, from the Aramaic English New Testament.

YOCHANAN (JOHN)
Chapter 1
1. In the beginning was the Miltha. And that Miltha was with Elohim. And Elohim was that Miltha.
2. This was with Elohim in the beginning.
3. Everything existed through his hands……….

Miltha refers to the “Manifestation” of the Ruach haKodesh within Mashiyach. The physical body of Mashiyach is not the Word of YHWH, but his words and actions demonstrate the Will and Word of YHWH, which upholds observance of Torah.

Hopefully you will find it of interest.

marhig

He had to grow in wisdom like all children.

The spirit son came with the fullness of the Father.

I thought as you until the true meaning of Heb 1:3 was revealed to me. God is a spirit, his express image is a spirit. This spirit son became flesh by taking over the body provided for him in Heb 10:5. Acts 10:38 tells you when that took place. Jesus became the Christ when he was baptised.

Took me over sixty years of study to see this my friend.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

I do believe that Jesus was in spirit before he came in flesh, I don't believe that any flesh enters heaven, flesh is the devil's domain. I believe that he came from heaven and was Jesus in the flesh and then went back to God, but I believe he's always been the Christ and I believe that he came and did what Adam couldn't do, he lived a perfect life before God, and being an example for us to follow he showed us the way and brought us the truth. I don't believe that he came and did it all and that I don't have to do anything and that I'm going to heaven even if I carry on wilfully sinning. Satan teaches us that it's ok to sin, God pulls us away from sin and cleans our hearts.

I do believe that Jesus was the Christ before hand, because it says in the Bible that he was in the prophets

1 Peter 1

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I do believe as you do, that Christ isn't God, it very clearly separates God from Christ in the Bible, but I believe that they are one the same heart and mind, Christ loves and has the heart of God. And he brings that love to us. He is Gods express image

I haven't really studied, I don't know much outside the Bible. I'm learning a lot here, especially about way the Jewish people believe, and I believe that they're beliefs fit in, in many ways with the way I believe, (from what I've heard so far) only I believe there's a spiritual and a natural, and God opens up our spiritual understanding. I don't believe like many mainstream Christians, I see some things very different. But i do believe that God is love, and he looks at all our hearts, and he wants see his love and the life of his son in us. I believe that God opens our understanding when we love him, give our heart to him and start to deny ourselves. The more we listen to his spirit and the more we obey God, and listen to our conscience, I believe we grow in God and become stronger in the spirit.

It's good talking to you :)

lifeisgood

Jesus did not come to the Earth, he was born into it. The Spirit in him came to Earth at his baptism.

Oh, really?

I Corinthians 15:47 --- The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

When are you going to abandon your possessed by two spirits lord and come back to the True Lord and God you USED to serve? While you are breathing there is still hope, after you stop breathing there is no more hope to repent.

lifeisgood

No sir, and it's sad so many are letting themselves be taken to the spiritual cleaners.:devil:

Spoiler
There are verses in the New Testament which might appear to support the traditional doctrine of the trinity, but good research in the Scriptures and the history of the doctrine has brought me and many others to the conviction that "the case for the trinity rests on questionable treatment of the biblical documents" (stated by Anthony Buzzard & Charles Hunting in their interesting book, The Doctrine of the Trinity, Christianity's Self-Inflicted Wound).

The case for the trinity "ignores the massive evidence for unitary monotheism--the belief in one God as a single person, the Father of Jesus Christ--and relies heavily on inference from a few select verses." It isolates certain texts and forgets that their context is the whole of Scripture.

Doctrines must be built upon plain, straightforward texts. After much research by a number of Biblical experts, many of them now admit that the trinity doctrine cannot be documented in the Bible, and is truly a distortion of Bible teachings. It is my desire, and that of other non-trinitarians, that people will examine the evidence that counters the trinity doctrine with an open mind.

Church historians have recorded that believers in God as a single person were "at the beginning of the third century still the large majority." (Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, Vol.23, p.963)

Present-day fundamental Christianity claims to believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and the authority of Christ, and yet they have never come to believe in a statement made by Christ himself that summed up his feeling & knowledge of his Father: "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You sent." (John 17:3) Are they totally insensitive to the warning issued by Jesus when he said, "In vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commands of men"? (Matthew 15:9) Have they fallen under the spell of theological leaders, mainly from the 2nd to the 5th century, when they allowed their Greek philosophy backgrounds to corrupt the Hebrew thought which formed the basis of the young Christian church?

Neither the Old Testament nor the New Testament offer evidence for the doctrine of the trinity. A person can establish this fact by a careful, open-minded examination of the Biblical writings. There is no passage of Scripture that asserts that God is three, no authentic verse which claims that the one God is three persons, three spirits, three divine infinite minds, or three anything. Any claim that there are three who make up the Deity must be based on inference, rather than plain statements. The trinitarian concept relies on often tortured logic which lacks solid support in the earliest Christian writings.

:think:
Spoiler

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

lifeisgood

The NIV is just another untrustworthy translation. Greek to English leaves a lot to be desired.

Read it in the AENT:

Yochanan 1:18 (John 1:18)

Man has not ever seen Elohim. The Only Begotten of Elochim, he who is in the bosom of his Father, he has declared him.

Aramaic English New Testament is more accurate because it was translated directly from the Hebrew. The Greek carries and lot of baggage in it.

“Miltha” has no direct English equivalent. It can mean ‘Word’, ‘Manifestation’, ‘Instance’ or ‘Substance’, among many other things. In this context, it is best left untranslated.

Interesting that you say that the Greek carries a lot of baggage in it and the Aramaic Interlinear decided to footnote "Miltha" as 'untranslated', isn't it? That way you don't have to believe in Jesus the Christ as Thomas did, as "My Lord and My God".

lifeisgood

You haven't understood my posts for the last four years, why would you if I show you more. You do not have the ability to digest milk so meat for you and Apple7 is out of the question. I don't want you to choke.

Oh, I have understood your posts, keypurr and if I were to follow your belief system that came to you out of the blue, I would have abandoned My Lord and My God Jesus the Christ a long time ago, as you have, however, I refuse to follow your twice possessed lord.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You, keypurr, got Jesus wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

lifeisgood

Believe me that I do not ignore any scripture. I just go deeper into it than most.

That is why you decided to use the Aramaic that footnoted “Miltha” as best left 'untranslated.'

“Miltha” has no direct English equivalent. It can mean ‘Word’, ‘Manifestation’, ‘Instance’ or ‘Substance’, among many other things. In this context, it is best left untranslated.

lifeisgood

I go to the Aramaic, not distorted like the Greek is.

Interesting that you say that the Aramaic is not distorted like the Greek is and the Aramaic Interlinear decided to footnote "Miltha" as 'untranslated', isn't it?

That way you can follow your twice possessed lord.

keypurr

That is why you decided to use the Aramaic that footnoted “Miltha” as best left 'untranslated.'

You dwell in the dark ages.

lifeisgood

Here is a copy of John 1 for you Lon, from the Aramaic English New Testament.

YOCHANAN (JOHN)
Chapter 1
1. In the beginning was the Miltha. And that Miltha was with Elohim. And Elohim was that Miltha.
2. This was with Elohim in the beginning.
3. Everything existed through his hands……….

Miltha refers to the “Manifestation” of the Ruach haKodesh within Mashiyach. The physical body of Mashiyach is not the Word of YHWH, but his words and actions demonstrate the Will and Word of YHWH, which upholds observance of Torah.

Hopefully you will find it of interest.

"Miltha" beautifully footnoted in the Aramaic Interlinear as 'untranslated' and how interesting that you decided to choose "Manifestation", isn't it? That way you can continue to follow your twice possessed lord.

FOOTNOTE: “Miltha” has no direct English equivalent. It can mean ‘Word’, ‘Manifestation’, ‘Instance’ or ‘Substance’, among many other things. In this context, it is best left untranslated.

lifeisgood

You dwell in the dark ages.

So, now you reject the Aramaic where its footnote tells you that "Miltha" is best left 'untranslated'. Got it.

That way you can continue to follow your twice possessed lord. How sad, keypurr, that once having had The Truth have decided to follow this lie that came to you out of the blue.

Go back to Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. For as long as you are breathing, there is still time. After you stop breathing there is no more time to repent of anything.

lifeisgood

I don't want you to choke.

You are so kind not wanting me to choke and you are choking on your 'out of the blue' 'new revelation' of a twice possessed lord.

There is still time for you to go back to The Truth you once had, for this 'out of the blue' 'new revelation' is killing you, and God wants you to go back to Him and live.