The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

And I never said any such thing.

You just KEEP beating straw-men.

Nope... a FATHER is a PERSON ... a SON is a PERSON.... etc.

This does NOT in ANY way limit God.

The doctrine of the trinity does NOT say that God is JUST the three persons.
No, it just says GOD is three persons, that are corternal in nature.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Adding to scripture is a sin, GT.

There is no "to be saved" anywhere in that passage.

Please stop misquoting scripture.
I don't think that you are that dumb, so I know then that it must be that you have been ensnared by the devil and defend falseness. If you would want God's Truth more than what you have come to know, then there is hope for you, as long as you repent of what you have come to know.

You keep saying there is no "to be saved" anywhere in that passage, but someone reasonable and with any kind of sense should be able to see that Paul was blind and still not saved so that he had to do what Jesus says or he will still be blind and not saved. Do you really want to be like the Catholics and Mormons and the Calvinists, and the tongue speakers, etc?

God's Truth

If we are required to be water baptised, then why did Paul say this?

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you.Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. - 1 Corinthians 1:10-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:10-17&version=NKJV

Paul said that because he would have been saddened to hear people say they were baptized unto him!

lifeisgood

There is no faith alone giving someone access to grace. Believe the scriptures. James 2:14,17,19,20,22, and 24.

James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.

That is something your false doctrine invented.

Salvation, Grace, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit come by FAITH in WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did as the ALL SUFFICIENCY to SAVE any person.

If your faith is in anything other than WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did it is an insult to God of the HIGHEST PROPORTION for you are saying that that was not sufficient to save anyone.

lifeisgood

James says PLAINLY that faith without right actions is DEAD and cannot SAVE ANYONE. He says even demons believe and do SOMETHING, they shudder.

That's because even though they BELIEVE Jesus they REJECT WHAT Jesus did.
WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did cannot be separated.

You give demons too much power.

BTW: James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works, that is your false doctrine writing.

God's Truth

If your faith is in anything other than WHO Jesus is and WHAT He did it is an insult to God of the highest proportion.

You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures or God.

That is what God says. He says those who obey Him are the ones He knows and those who know Him.

Do you really think Jesus came to earth to say a bunch of stuff for a limited amount of people and just then die?

Jesus came to give us the new guidelines for the new covenant.

God's Truth

That's because even though they BELIEVE Jesus they REJECT WHAT Jesus did.
WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did cannot be separated.
They believe in Jesus but reject what Jesus did, you say. LOL James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. Stop talking insane talk and adding things to the Bible that are not there.
You give demons too much power.
You are not talking unstable talk?

Peter heard about your beliefs and he says it is ignorant and unstable, and then he warns us to obey. 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.
BTW: James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works, that is your false doctrine writing.

Obeying Jesus' words are SPIRIT and LIFE. Why do you speak about obeying Jesus' teachings as if they are not?!!! You are hindering people from getting saved. You have been snared by Satan to preach against obeying.

popsthebuilder

Exactly like the Bible describes.
Love that contradiction.

What happened to them not being coeternal?

I have no interest in beating a dead horse.

The entire Bible is written for man, it describes the relationship between GOD and man. It expressly states to not liken GOD to man, but what it doesn't say is that GOD is a person or three people. End of story. It is no wonder why some describe mainstream "christians" as polytheistic and pagans and idol worshippers.

It really is sad to see so very many equate GOD to creation, and separate entities, and mere persons, or the characteristics there of. Scripture is really straight forward about not doing exactly what it is you seem to be doing.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please do show this exact description of GOD being three co-eternal persons/ people within all of scripture.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Right Divider

Body part
Love that contradiction.

What happened to them not being coeternal?
What in the world are you talking about? You always make NO sense.

I have no interest in beating a dead horse.
You've been being a dead horse straw-man all this time; and you want to stop now?

The entire Bible is written for man, it describes the relationship between GOD and man. It expressly states to not liken GOD to man, but what it doesn't say is that GOD is a person or three people. End of story. It is no wonder why some describe mainstream "christians" as polytheistic and pagans and idol worshippers.
Your FALSE definitions don't impress me at all. And who cares how "some" describe anyone.

It really is sad to see so very many equate GOD to creation, and separate entities, and mere persons, or the characteristics there of. Scripture is really straight forward about not doing exactly what it is you seem to be doing.
ONCE AGAIN, you completely misrepresent the doctrine of the trinity AND THE BIBLE.