The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Just because a word (father/ so) is used to describe a relationship between two things, that doesn't mean that those things are limited to that relationship, or how we understand it. But when that word or those words (father/ son) are changed to another word (persons) then you are limiting that all encompassing thing (GOD) to mere creation (person).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
In a way, you have a point, yet it is an unfinished and mistaken idea within your point.

I would help you out, however, you seem, in past times, to be more interested in coming across smart, than in learning?

lifeisgood

It wasn't an insult. It can be expected from you who seems to deny works and who does deny believing equals living out life as if one believes.

Thank you for the implied insult anyway.

I always pay attention to words like 'seems to'... it implies a lot.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Your explanations is deeper and more complete.

I often try to use he most simple explanation. Such as Paul concentrated on faith in Jesus, while James had strong concerns about those who claim to be saved, yet live in sin.

Paul and James both understood, once saved a person will be guided by Grace towards the good; his acts will reflect the workings of the Holy Spirit. James was calling out fakers.

lifeisgood

They believe in Jesus but reject what Jesus did, you say. LOL James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. Stop talking insane talk and adding things to the Bible that are not there.

James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.
That is your UNtruth writing.

You are not talking unstable talk?

Only for those who do not know God's Truth.

You don't even know what Jesus did when He told John the Baptist to water baptize Him, it had absolutely nothing to do with sins being washed way or maybe in your false doctrine it was.

Peter heard about your beliefs and he says it is ignorant and unstable, and then he warns us to obey. 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Yes, he was talking to you precisely.

Obeying Jesus' words are SPIRIT and LIFE. Why do you speak about obeying Jesus' teachings as if they are not?!!! You are hindering people from getting saved. You have been snared by Satan to preach against obeying.

You, gt, keep on saying that you obey Jesus' words exactly and then when asked, you always confess, 'No can't do. No, that one is not for me, gt, either,' ad nauseum. I can go get your quotes of the things you have said about you NOT obeying as you profess.

popsthebuilder

In a way, you have a point, yet it is an unfinished and mistaken idea within your point.

I would help you out, however, you seem, in past times, to be more interested in coming across smart, than in learning?
I'm not worried about how any perceive me.

If you genuinely feel like you should and are able to help then why would you not? Saying you could but won't because I think I'm smart is rather biased and helps neither of us. I will never stop learning and am not against being shown to be wrong or hearing of ways to better articulate what I know to be true. I am admittedly a terrible communicator.

You do what you think is good and right.

peace

popsthebuilder

Thank you for the implied insult anyway.

I always pay attention to words like 'seems to'... it implies a lot.
Indeed it does. It is a word that says one is basing their own words on the words of another and as such cannot be wholly sure of a thing. So the word seems or seemed is used to allow for the possibility of my being wrong. I actually look forward to it. Do you think I would be mad or upset if I was wrong in such a case? Think about it.....

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm not worried about how any perceive me.

If you genuinely feel like you should and are able to help then why would you not? Saying you could but won't because I think I'm smart is rather biased and helps neither of us. I will never stop learning and am not against being shown to be wrong or hearing of ways to better articulate what I know to be true. I am admittedly a terrible communicator.

You do what you think is good and right.

peace

Maybe it is because when I first came to TOL, it was dominated by OV and when E, or A &c wrote anything,, I listened, only occasionally asking questions. Same with P when I got to know how well studied he was. I always listened, and only asked questions.

Now I find myself theologically different, but have always admired the best teachers here. Some are still around but the real debate has receded into the background.

Today, TOL seems to be filled with 'experts' and no one seems willing to learn anything from anyone anymore. It has gotten to be a big ego contest, and that leaves me cold and bored.

I probably came down too hard on you but the way I see it, sharing theology is no longer a learning experience here, now it seems like a contest for egoists.

God's Truth

Just believe what is plainly written.

Stop writing into the scriptures things that are not there.

Only for those who do not know God's Truth.

You don't even know what Jesus did when He told John the Baptist to water baptize Him, it had absolutely nothing to do with sins being washed way or maybe in your false doctrine it was.

Jesus showed us the way, and was water baptized so that we would too.

Yes, he was talking to you precisely.

You, gt, keep on saying that you obey Jesus' words exactly and then when asked, you always confess, 'No can't do. No, that one is not for me, gt, either,' ad nauseum. I can go get your quotes of the things you have said about you NOT obeying as you profess.
No amount of saying twisted things about me will get you around the truth that no one knows God unless you obey God.
Stop fighting it, because to obey is beyond wonderful.

popsthebuilder

Maybe it is because when I first came to TOL, it was dominated by OV and when E, or A &c wrote anything,, I listened, only occasionally asking questions. Same with P when I got to know how well studied he was. I always listened, and only asked questions.

Now I find myself theologically different, but have always admired the best teachers here. Some are still around but the real debate has receded into the background.

Today, TOL seems to be filled with 'experts' and no one seems willing to learn anything from anyone anymore. It has gotten to be a big ego contest, and that leaves me cold and bored.

I probably came down too hard on you but the way I see it, sharing theology is no longer a learning experience here, now it seems like a contest for egoists.
Well. I am open to hear anything from anyone up to a point. I admit that there are some things I know for sure that will never change. I know these things through personal experience. Obviously, I did not experience the things written in the Bible with the people written about in the Bible; so in these things I am actually quite pliable except when it contradicts itself or what I have been shown to be true without a doubt personally.

That must sound quite haughty of me; it is the simplest truth though. I am and have always been very modest and humble as I have always had an extremely low self esteem. Even this, though is nothing compared to how humbled and thankful I was when I was shown that there is without a doubt a GOD, one that indeed does care, and hear, and know, and guide, and help, and make new. I still have to actively practice humility though; especially here, because of all the negativity generally exuded; one's nature is to defend themselves from what they perceive as an attack. I also find it very difficult to exude patience towards those who are brimming with deceit. I faught with self deceit for years, and also dwelled in hideous places within for a very long time. So I have no problem seeing certain types of deception, and as a result and due to what I believe; I do, at times, call an individual out on it. In my opinion this doesn't make me not willing to learn; on the contrary; I came here to learn. How sad do you think it made me feel to basically find none who could really relate or really even understand me?

Anyway, I feel like this is turning into a rant so.....

You didn't offend and I am eager to learn. I believe we are to help one another as I believe Jesus the Christ taught.

Hopefully we will talk again and neither of us will be offended or deaf to one another, and perhaps one can help the other or we can help one another to grow in faith.

Oh yeah; I am clueless as to who OV ,or E, or those other alphabets were you mentioned. They must have been worth your ear for you to listen avidly and mention them now...

peace

lifeisgood

Just believe what is plainly written.

Stop writing into the scriptures things that are not there.

Jesus showed us the way,...

Yes.

and was water baptized so that we would too.

False doctrine.

No amount of saying twisted things about me will get you around the truth that no one knows God unless you obey God.

I speak of your false doctrine, you, gt, take it personally.

Stop fighting it, because to obey is beyond wonderful.

It matters not how much you fill your mouth with boastfulness, you DO NOT OBEY Jesus and has NEVER done so. YOU, gt, have confessed so yourself.

BTW: James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.
Jesus WAS NOT water baptized so that you could be dunked in water.

God's Truth

Yes.

False doctrine.

I speak of your false doctrine, you, gt, take it personally.

It matters not how much you fill your mouth with boastfulness, you DO NOT OBEY Jesus and has NEVER done so. YOU, gt, have confessed so yourself.

BTW: James DID NOT preach the sinner could receive salvation through works.
Jesus WAS NOT water baptized so that you could be dunked in water.

Jesus was water baptized and so was Paul. Paul says to imitate him imitating Christ.