The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

Pops, it is so good to read this.

They believe we do not repent of our sins, they say repent means to change our mind about God.

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, so what did I have to change my mind about? lol

Many people never even heard of God and Jesus, so what were they to change their mind about to God about?

Acts 17:23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship--and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

Believing God exists is not good enough.

popsthebuilder

No, this is how ignorant YOU are.

Just because others don't brag about how much they obey, doesn't mean they are not more obedient that YOU will ever be. The obedience of faith is something you simply CANNOT understand. Walking by faith has nothing to do with obeying commandments. Believers don't have to follow a list of rules, because we have been created a new and better creature than you are...than we were before we were saved....now, guided and taught by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You don't even know the person of the Holy Spirit, so, clearly, you remain in the dark. :chew:

You speak from ignorance. If not then you would know that keeping the two commands of Jesus come naturally to the saved and it is when one goes against these things that are written on our heart as believers, that we are grieved or shamed; when something is wrong. It is not a long list of written law but things that are done because of that new nature. It isn't adherence to the written law or the letter there of, but faith that Jesus is the Way and the light, and actually devoting one's self to follow said way and light of GOD as if what Jesus did actually means something to you. If you love GOD then silently doing that is good for all is a byproduct. If GOD actually means more to you than anything else then it is not being bound to the law or sin, but freed from both, freed from the bindings of the flesh and the desires there of, living in the Spirit by the belief that GOD is indeed able to carry out every good in our own life if we but not hear only in our belief. Being dead to the written law isn't being dead dead to the law written on the heart.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

You wont stop a humble person who doesn't care what you think about them by accusing them of bowing to another person; especially one who considers there to be only One teacher.

That is right! They are trying to demean you by demeaning me. How is it they feel right trying to demean people the best way they can?

glorydaz

Oh you have it so wrong. Jesus comes to help those who gladly do right.

Not according to Paul. Unless you want to claim that these people were gladly doing "right".

1 Cor. 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

popsthebuilder

I just highlighted one of your "variables". You do this all the time.
What?

No....you said something about how Jesus would have needed to die if any was able to do what GOD expected, to which I asked; then what of those found pleasing to GOD prior to Jesus of Nazareth. To which you have yet to even attempt to intelligibly answer.

God's Truth

I guess Pops is calling himself "humble". :chuckle:

:mock: Pops the Humble

Jesus would not have exalted him if he did not humble himself.

Something you don't believe in, right? You do say nothing we do matters and Jesus' words telling us what to do is only for the Jews, right?

glorydaz

Walking by faith has nothing to do with obeying commandments. Believers don't have to follow a list of rules, because we have been created a new and better creature ....than we were before we were saved....now, guided and taught by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You don't even know the person of the Holy Spirit, so, clearly, you remain in the dark. :chew:

You speak from ignorance. Of not then you would know that keeping the two commands of the Jesus come naturally to the saved

I suppose you think you've "corrected" me. :rolleyes:

I'll say the same to you, Pops. You do not know the PERSON of the Holy Spirit, so you cannot know what it means to walk according to the Spirit.

God's Truth

Isaiah 59:2
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Look at that at the end of that passage!

20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
declares the Lord.

Did you read that? LOL

Oh this is so good.

glorydaz

What?

No....you said something about how Jesus would have needed to die if any was able to do what GOD expected, to which I asked; then what of those found pleasing to GOD prior to Jesus of Nazareth. To which you have yet to even attempt to intelligibly answer.

I answered that question with Scripture. That you find Scripture unintelligible is no surprise to anyone.

The post you should be responding to can be found by following the little blue arrow....which I'm sure you'll claim you can't do. It was your made up statement about when "the Christ was manifest in Jesus".

glorydaz

HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Look at that at the end of that passage!

20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
declares the Lord.

Did you read that? LOL

Oh this is so good.

Those in Jacob you mean? You don't know what they were to change their mind about concerning their sins? :think:

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

God's Truth

Those in Jacob you mean? You don't know what they were to change their mind about concerning their sins? :think:

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

Hahahaha We ALL are to change our minds about sin.

Something you don't believe in, right? You do say nothing we do matters and Jesus' words telling us what to do is only for the Jews, right?

Bahahahahahaaa

I say nothing YOU say matters, and only a fool would listen to you.

No, you say it wasn't to us. lol

glorydaz

Hahahaha We ALL are to change our minds about sin.

Bahahahahahaaa

What in the world are you rambling on about like a demented escapee from an asylum?

Jesus would not have exalted WHO?

I've never said nothing we do matters. Are you talking about salvation....we believe unto righteousness and are saved by grace through faith. I realize that is beyond your limited understanding. But, hey.....

But, Jesus did preach the law...not for the reasons you think, I'm sure.

popsthebuilder

I suppose you think you've "corrected" me. :rolleyes:

I'll say the same to you, Pops. You do not know the PERSON of the Holy Spirit, so you cannot know what it means to walk according to the Spirit.
Wai wai wait.....oh my gosh....listen to this....

"The person of the Holy Spirit".....

Lol literally.....

Is that an oxymoron or irony?