The Pittsburg Pirates are back, tetelestai?!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know who gave James Shields his nickname but he needs a new one. He's sucked this post season. :doh:

On the other side, Bumgarner is very good.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know who gave James Shields his nickname but he needs a new one. He's sucked this post season. :doh:

On the other side, Bumgarner is very good.

"Complete Game Bumgarner" is more like it.

Bumgarner killed my Pirates, and he's doing the same thing to the Royals so far in Game 1.

In fact, I feel like tonight's game so far is a Xerox copy of the Wild Card Game between the Pirates and Giants.

It's like deja vu all over again.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Series tied 1-1

As a person who doesn't have a dog in the fight, but really likes the game of baseball, I'm hoping for a seven game series. So, glad the Royals won tonight.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
"Complete Game Bumgarner" is more like it.

Bumgarner killed my Pirates, and he's doing the same thing to the Royals so far in Game 1.

In fact, I feel like tonight's game so far is a Xerox copy of the Wild Card Game between the Pirates and Giants.

It's like deja vu all over again.

Series tied 1-1

As a person who doesn't have a dog in the fight, but really likes the game of baseball, I'm hoping for a seven game series. So, glad the Royals won tonight.

Last night was a killer. I really feel like the series is the Giants' now. I'm chalking up tonight as another win for San Fran because Bumgarner is pitching again. Then they will be up 3-2 and we'll have to win both remaining games in KC. That's a very tall order.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Not too tall.
The Bum's not invincible...plus KC did win 8 in a row.

We've had a couple opportunities so far tonight but Bum and the Giants keep shutting it down.

KC's defense has hurt Shields tonight. Didn't think that would happen. :eek:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm chalking up tonight as another win for San Fran because Bumgarner is pitching again. Then they will be up 3-2 and we'll have to win both remaining games in KC. That's a very tall order.

Well, unfortunately for you, you were correct.

Down 3-2 with both games at home isn't the end of the world. Albeit home field advantage in baseball isn't the same as football, basketball, and hockey.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He's doing a good job pretending he is.
I saw on ESPN that Bumgarner could pitch out of the bullpen tonight.

Come on San Fran, at least give us a shot to make things interesting! :mmph:

Well, unfortunately for you, you were correct.

Down 3-2 with both games at home isn't the end of the world. Albeit home field advantage in baseball isn't the same as football, basketball, and hockey.
Jayson Stark has an article on ESPN today about KC's chances. I believe it says 66% of teams that are up 3-2 go on to win the series, however he went on to give some stats about how often the home team wins in games 6 and 7. I'm thinking most of that 66% were home teams going into 6-7. So the math says that KC has a decent shot. But he ended the article with some stats about the Giants and how dominant they've been in this current run (going back to 2010). I'd say that's more important than all those other teams that won their 6s and 7s.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I saw on ESPN that Bumgarner could pitch out of the bullpen tonight.

Come on San Fran, at least give us a shot to make things interesting! :mmph:

Jayson Stark has an article on ESPN today about KC's chances. I believe it says 66% of teams that are up 3-2 go on to win the series, however he went on to give some stats about how often the home team wins in games 6 and 7. I'm thinking most of that 66% were home teams going into 6-7. So the math says that KC has a decent shot. But he ended the article with some stats about the Giants and how dominant they've been in this current run (going back to 2010). I'd say that's more important than all those other teams that won their 6s and 7s.

At this point, all you can do is hope for a Game 7

Because, if you get to a Game 7 ANYTHING can happen.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That's what I'm hoping for. Not just because I hope to then win game 7, but also because I want a better, more exciting series. Game 7s are great.