The Pittsburg Pirates are back, tetelestai?!

The Berean

I keep waiting for KC's year. :plain:

Their time is coming. Their minor league system was rated #1 by Baseball America. The 2013 season should be a year of winning for the Royals.

Baseball America Rates the Royals as the #1 Farm System in Baseball
01/25/2011 2:04 PM ET
MLB.com

Baseball America, baseball's preeminent authority on minor league prospects, has rated the Kansas City Royals farm system as the best in all of baseball in the soon-to-be-released 2011 Prospect Handbook.

"The Royals have one of the deepest and most talented farm systems in recent memory," said Jim Callis, Executive Editor at Baseball America. "It's unusual to see a system with three stud hitters like Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas and Wil Myers, or four quality lefties like John Lamb, Mike Montgomery, Danny Duffy and Chris Dwyer, and the Royals have both. To show how highly we regard the Royals system, we ranked it No. 1 before the Zack Greinke trade, which netted more top prospects."

Seven of the Royals' top 10 prospects will be in Major League Spring Training camp next month in Surprise, Ariz. The group includes first baseman Eric Hosmer (ranked #1), third baseman Mike Moustakas (#3) and left-handed pitcher John Lamb (#4).

The Berean

Hey tet! Who is this guy? :think:

freed_pirates080109_7_500.jpg

20100620pd_bucsmil_500.jpg

dianapirates0825d_500.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe their outfielder can throw out a crippled man in a wheel chair this time, and I won't have to hear about how great the Braves are.

Four O'Clock

Best centerfielder in baseball?

He is one of the THREE Pirates who made the All-Star team.

McCutchen, like the rest of this team, is exciting to watch.

It's so nice to enjoy MLB again.

Here in Indy, I've been upset the past few years with us being the AAA affiliate of the Pirates but they ARE raising eyebrows this year. I saw McCutchen play when he was with our Indians a few years ago. We've got perhaps THE best minor league park around, a great place to go.

Best centerfielder? Curtis Granderson might have a say in that. In addition to playing the shallowest CF in the majors, his offensive stats this year are dwarfing the entire majors...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now the Pirates are back for reals, tet? :think:

I don't know.

It looks as if they will finally finish over .500 this year, but there is still a long way to go this season.

They had the Cardinals beat last night, and then blew it by dropping a routine fly ball in the 9th.

The thing that scares me is that they only have one guy on the team hitting over .280

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't know.

It looks as if they will finally finish over .500 this year, but there is still a long way to go this season.

They had the Cardinals beat last night, and then blew it by dropping a routine fly ball in the 9th.

The thing that scares me is that they only have one guy on the team hitting over .280

Stay with class, and professional(emphasis mine)baseball teams:

qhb9hgiqcevh4g7n1ggk3peje.gif

News flash!! The Pirates, as usual, in their season ending "dumping binge"/purge, just traded their mascot for 3 minor league mascots.

Watch them fold faster, than one with "deuce/seven," in "Texas Hold(Fold)'Em".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stay with class, and professional(emphasis mine)baseball teams:

St. Louis, like Pittsburgh, has the same three professional sports teams: NFL, NHL, MLB. (Tampa Bay is the only other city with the same 3 professional franchises)

Let's look at how many championships St. Louis and Pittsburgh have won in the three sports:

Baseball:

St. Louis - 11
Pittsburgh - 5

Hockey:

St. Louis - 0
Pittsburgh - 3

Football:

St. Louis - 1
Pittsburgh - 6

Total Championships:

Pittsburgh - 14
St. Louis - 12
(Tampa Bay - 2)

So, as we see above Johnny, Pittsburgh has more championships than St. Louis.

The Berean

Their time is coming. Their minor league system was rated #1 by Baseball America. The 2013 season should be a year of winning for the Royals.

Hey kmoney! I called it! The Royals currently have a 62-56 record and are gunning for their first winning season since 2003. :banana:

john w

Hall of Fame
St. Louis, like Pittsburgh, has the same three professional sports teams: NFL, NHL, MLB. (Tampa Bay is the only other city with the same 3 professional franchises)

Let's look at how many championships St. Louis and Pittsburgh have won in the three sports:

Baseball:

St. Louis - 11
Pittsburgh - 5

Hockey:

St. Louis - 0
Pittsburgh - 3

Football:

St. Louis - 1
Pittsburgh - 6

Total Championships:

Pittsburgh - 14
St. Louis - 12
(Tampa Bay - 2)

So, as we see above Johnny, Pittsburgh has more championships than St. Louis.

I stay on topic, Craigie:

"I don't know.

The thing that scares me is that they only have one guy on the team hitting over .280"-you

Pittsburgh Pirates

vs.

St. Louis Cardinals

Contrasts.

The Berean

I don't know.

The Pirates are on pace to win 97 games. They haven't won that many games since winning 98 games in 1991. The 1979 World Series team also won 98 games. They should make the postseason easily.