The Pittsburg Pirates are back, tetelestai?!

The Berean

:noid:

I've always been a Dodgers fan for the NL. Sandy Koufax is one of my favorite players.

What is it with the Giants, TB!?! They just can't lose in the post season!
The Giants have the fire in the belly, and just know how to win. :banana:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The Giants have the fire in the belly, and just know how to win. :banana:
That they do!

Poor Kershaw. The Cardinals just seem to have his number. :sigh: Cardinals are another team that knows how to win.

KC is up 2-0. :banana:

The Berean

That they do!

Poor Kershaw. The Cardinals just seem to have his number. :sigh: Cardinals are another team that knows how to win.

KC is up 2-0. :banana:

George Brett can't believe it!

george_brett.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe I heard that the Cardinals beat Kershaw twice in the playoffs last year too.

Edit: Nope, looks like it was only once.

No, the Cardinals beat Kershaw twice last year in the playoffs.

After yesterdays loss, and 8 earned runs given up; Clayton Kershaw is now 1-4 with an ERA of 5.20 for his career in the postseason.

To Kershaw's credit, in one of the postseason losses to the Cardinals last year, he pitched 6 innings, gave up only 2 hits and 1 unearned run, but the Dodgers lost 1-0.

Maybe Clayton Kershaw is trying to become the Peyton Manning of Major League Baseball :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No, the Cardinals beat Kershaw twice last year in the playoffs.

After yesterdays loss, and 8 earned runs given up; Clayton Kershaw is now 1-4 with an ERA of 5.20 for his career in the postseason.

To Kershaw's credit, in one of the postseason losses to the Cardinals last year, he pitched 6 innings, gave up only 2 hits and 1 unearned run, but the Dodgers lost 1-0.

Maybe Clayton Kershaw is trying to become the Peyton Manning of Major League Baseball :chuckle:

:doh: So I was right the first time, before I looked it up to confirm. :chuckle:

I'm glad LA won last night's game. Disappointed that the Nationals couldn't pull it out. That series is most likely over now.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Disappointed that the Nationals couldn't pull it out.

I went to bed in the 16th inning. Turns out the game ended up being the longest in postseason history.

The Nat's gotta be demoralized. They had the Giants down to their last out, there were 2 outs with nobody on in the 9th.

That series is most likely over now.

I'd say so, the Giants have won 10 straight postseason games.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was crazy.

Even more crazy was the Giants somehow finding a way to win after being down to their last out and nobody on in the 9th against Zimmerman.

Then again, the Nat's manager was an idiot for pulling Zimmerman with 2 outs and a man on first.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Even more crazy was the Giants somehow finding away to win after being down to their last out and nobody on in the 9th against Zimmerman.

Then again, the Nat's manager was an idiot for pulling Zimmerman with 2 outs and a man on first.
I agree. I was watching that and had no idea why he pulled Zimmerman. :doh:

And I agree, very demoralizing.

The Berean

Even more crazy was the Giants somehow finding a way to win after being down to their last out and nobody on in the 9th against Zimmerman.

This!^

That was sure dumb. Zimmerman dominated the entire night. He only had thrown 100 pitches. That move made no sense.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
KC moves on to the ALCS !!!!

And, so does Baltimore.

:banana:

It'll be a tough series. I was a bit surprised to see that we won the regular season series against Baltimore, 4-3. I hope we can do the same now. I'm a bit scared though. Sweeping 3 Cy Young winners and a pretty tough lineup is no easy task. :noid: