ECT The New Circumcision's warning

glorydaz

I gave the answer. Almighty God told Israel a nation and a company of nations would come from him.

These two entities are brothers and the answer is obvious.

Well, it could be the twelve tribes, the nations they conquered, the nations which were blessed through them, or any combination thereof. If it's so obvious, why don't you give your "opinion"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Give this obvious answer again, Ms. Smartypants

It's the nations of Joseph. They have Jacob's birthright.

Tremendous blessings.

For the most part they share a common language.

Genesis 49 provides a glimpse for the last days.

Danoh

Tremendous blessings.

lol - you pulled a good one on the know it alls; that's for sure :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
I don't have to guess, scripture reveals where they are located.

It's not that hard to figure out.
Don't be shy.
Spell it out for us.
What are the names of those nations and where are they located?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned

Tremendous blessings.

Jamie,

What are the names of those nations and where are they located?

Interplanner

Go ahead and give it your best guess as to the names of those nations and where they are located.
:popcorn:

Once again pursuing the OT without the informing of the NT that is in Christ. That is the whole mistake. Everything is now to be read in Christ. We are not to read the OT in such plainness because of the veil and because Christ has come. It has to be read the way the seminar did, or Acts 26's 'nothing beyond' the suffering and resurrection and proclamation of Christ to the nations, v22, 23. But D'ism cares nothing for what the NT says the OT means.

Interplanner

OK gang, lets get back to the OP. What is not true about the OP?

The structure of a forum like this is for a proposition to be made, and for the counterarguments to try to implode it.

Danoh

That was not the intent. It just seems so obvious I don't know how anyone could not see it.

I'm sure you well know what is often said about what the road to hell is often paved with.

And "seems so obvious" neither always does, nor always does as to what said specific obvious might actually be...there is often instead, the dynamic of one man's junk/another man's treasure...

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

northwye

"OK gang, lets get back to the OP. What is not true about the OP?

The structure of a forum like this is for a proposition to be made, and for the counterarguments to try to implode it."

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers," Romans 1: 28-29

Debate is from eris, number 2054, "a quarrel, wrangling, contention,debate, strife, variance."

Quarreling is an accurate English word for eris. Some kinds of
statements invite a quarrel more than other kinds of statements.

I Corinthians 11: 16, says "If any man be contentious, we have no such custom." And look
at II Corinthians 12: 20. Here Paul says he fears that when he comes
back to his people at Corinth that he will find them in debates,
envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings,
tumults."

I Timothy 6: 3-4, uses logomachia, "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome
words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine
which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but
doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy,
strife, railings, evil surmisings."

This is a significant text, because what Paul is saying is that those
who get off into doctrines that were not taught by Christ and the
Apostles tend to get into logomachia, or strifes of words." Lets see
what Strong's says about logomachia.

Logomachia is number 3055 in Strong's and is said to mean
"disputations, strife of words." Logomachia might be translated as
"word fights."

What is said about this forum above invites use of the dialectic which depends on establishing a dialogue and argues in direct opposition to a position,which for Hegel is called the thesis. The opposition to the thesis is the anti-thesis. There are many specific tactics of the dialectic and it can become a nasty game.

The key part in Greek in I Timothy 6: 20-21 says "και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως,or "and anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

αντιθεσεις, or anti-thesis, is a technical term in the early Greek philosophy of the διαλεκτική, or dialectic.

Paul says in I Timothy 6: 20-21, to avoid "the anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge" and that "Which some professing have erred concerning the faith."

Use of the dialectic can lead you to lose your love of the truth, or faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK gang, lets get back to the OP.

It's all related. The U.S. and Britain have been instrumental in presenting Jesus Christ and spiritual circumcision to the world.

The Arabs, Jews and others have developed their own religions.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Unfortunately, the people of U.S. and Britain have to a large extent turned from God.

It seems like Israel never changes, forcing God to deal with his people as he always has.

And that is the rest of the story.

Interplanner

Your "new circumcision" is mentioned all the way back in Deuteronomy 10:16.

Why do you ignore that?

I don't ignore it, but apparently it wasn't much of an issue until Messiah came, and missing it when he came had the penalty. And yes, it does show that the Gospel was being preached then; Abraham saw Christ's day; 'the scriptures announced the Gospel in advance to Abraham' etc.

I don't see where the procedure of circ and the 'circ of the heart' overlap at all in either Gen 17 or Dt 10. And we know that Moses knew he would be replaced by Christ as the teacher. "Listen to Him" (spoken from heaven at the baptism of Christ) is a line from Deut. This validates that the old would be discarded.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't ignore it, but apparently it wasn't much of an issue until Messiah came, and missing it when he came had the penalty. And yes, it does show that the Gospel was being preached then; Abraham saw Christ's day; 'the scriptures announced the Gospel in advance to Abraham' etc.

I don't see where the procedure of circ and the 'circ of the heart' overlap at all in either Gen 17 or Dt 10. And we know that Moses knew he would be replaced by Christ as the teacher. "Listen to Him" (spoken from heaven at the baptism of Christ) is a line from Deut. This validates that the old would be discarded.
:kookoo:

You'll say anything to avoid the truth.