ECT The New Circumcision's warning

Danoh

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jacob had twelve sons.

Almighty God told Jacob a nation and a company of nations would proceed from him.

"I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body." (Genesis 35:11)

This means a nation and a company of nations had to proceed through one of those twelve sons.

Let's see if we can narrow it down.

"Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel — he was indeed the firstborn, but because he defiled his father’s bed his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph, the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright." (1 Chronicles 5:1)

The birthright should have gone to Reuben since he was the eldest son, but because of his incest he disqualified himself.

So the birthright belonged to Joseph.

"Now when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand on the head of Ephraim, it displeased him so he took hold of his father’s hand to remove it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. And Joseph said to his father, 'Not so, my father, for this one is the firstborn, put your right hand on his head.'

But his father refused and said, 'I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people and he also shall be great, but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he and his descendants shall become a multitude of nations.'"

Manasseh was to become a great nation and Ephraim a multitude of nations.

Based on these scriptures, who do you say is the great nation and the multitude of nations.

Looking at the world today it seems simple to me.

You went from attempting to sort all that out through the Scripture, to the newbie error (no matter how much time such may or may not have in Scripture, Heb. 5:12-14) of "well, what it means to me is" and or "perhaps it means..." - which you did by your clearly obvious turning from the Scripture to your stated "Looking at the world today it seems simple to me."

I would suggest you go back and reread throughout the WHOLE of Genesis as to who was promised what.

In this, the guiding principle is that the latter is understood in the earlier.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Danoh

Did the physical Israelites create nations as God said they would?

If so, what are the names of the nations?

Post the Scripture on them and their names.

Let's go with that; not your looking around at the world out there, Is. 8:20.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

Who do you say is the great nation and the multitude of nations?

I oppose Danoh's advice. A person should read the NT 10x on these things and accept the 'chain of custody' of the interp found there. What the apostles wrote is what they got during the 'seminar.'

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The multitude of nations was simply about what the Christian corps would become.

Esau also had no respect for the birthright.

The birthright is about physical blessings.

Jacob made Manasseh his thirteenth son and is easily identified in the last days by the number thirteen.

"the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses." (Daniel 4:25)

The U.S. was given the choicest land on earth. We should acknowledge his blessings as a nation.

Interplanner

Esau also had no respect for the birthright.

The birthright is about physical blessings.

Jacob made Manasseh his thirteenth son and is easily identified in the last days by the number thirteen.

"the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses." (Daniel 4:25)

The U.S. was given the choicest land on earth. We should acknowledge his blessings as a nation.

Sorry, Jamie, there is no magic/numerology in the Bible.

Interplanner

STP,
I'm not interested in a person who has so little to say that there is less than a minute spent on his post. You especially need to read Heb 9-10 10x in between each post. Did you think this was a race where the last post showing wins?

SaulToPaul 2

STP,
I'm not interested in a person who has so little to say that there is less than a minute spent on his post. You especially need to read Heb 9-10 10x in between each post. Did you think this was a race where the last post showing wins?

Quit making up stuff. Believe your Bible. Put down the commentaries.

SaulToPaul 2

STP,

Heb 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

When were YOU ever under the first testament?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, Jamie, there is no magic/numerology in the Bible.

But there is quite a bit of history in the Bible.

For example, who are the Anglo-Saxons?

"The term Anglo-Saxon seems to have been first used by Continental writers in the late 8th century to distinguish the Saxons of Britain from those of the European continent, whom St. Bede the Venerable had called Antiqui Saxones (“Old Saxons”). The name formed part of a title, rex Angul-Saxonum (“king of the Anglo-Saxons”), which was sometimes used by King Alfred of Wessex (reigned 871–99) and some of his successors. By the time of the Norman Conquest, the kingdom that had developed from the realm of the Anglo-Saxon peoples had become known as England, and Anglo-Saxon as a collective term for the region’s people was eventually supplanted by “English.” For some time thereafter, Anglo-Saxon persisted as an informal synonym for English, but that use diminished as emigrants from Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and other areas beyond northern Europe further reshaped Britain’s ethnic composition."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Anglo-Saxon

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW, the Assyrians migrated to the area we call Germany taking Jacob's people with them.

The Assyrians were always a warlike people.

It's a wonder they didn't try to conquer the world.