ECT The New Circumcision's warning

Interplanner

The old circ of Gen 17 had a warning. Any male who did not perform it would 'be cut off from his people.' We'll leave the rabbis to sort out what happens to women, then.

Christ brought a new circ. It is the circ of the heart, Rom 2:28-29, Phil 3:2-3. It is to live by the Spirit and to work in God's mission through that Spirit. Anyone who does not listen to Christ and receive these things is 'to be cut off from his people' (Acts 3:23) and that was the disaster of the destruction of Jerusalem. Anyone who believed and worked in the mission was the 'new Israel', the 'true circ' and flourished, the sky being full of the cloud of witnesses/believers from the past who 'guide' the believer on earth what to do next.

But that faith and service means it was 'spiritual' and 'spiritual' is a sin to Judaism and D'ism, its step-child.

Every day here at TOL, D'ism insists on reading the OT with no more awareness than those in Judaism at the time of Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing new here.

"Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart and be stiff-necked no longer." (Deuteronomy 10:16)

Interplanner

Nothing new here.

"Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart and be stiff-necked no longer." (Deuteronomy 10:16)

Oh, yeah, right, like Phil 3 was a total non-statement. As was Acts 7:51.

What was the issue between the Gospel and Judaism, then? Or do you mean that it always was that issue even back in Moses' time, to which I can agree.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no "new" Israel.
There is the same Israel it has always been.
The same Israel that had been oppressed in Egypt, and GOD rescues those folks from Egypt.
The same Israel that split into two ---- northern and southern, and was promised to be reunited as one again.
The same Israel that is now partially blinded and an enemy of the gospel, but still beloved of GOD.
The same Israel that GOD makes the Old Covenant and the New Covenant with.
It was not a 'spiritual' Israel, and it was not the BOC.

The BOC was not rescued from being oppressed in Egypt.
The BOC was not split into two and promised to be reunited.
The BOC was not partially blinded and an enemy of the gospel.
There is not an old covenant with the BOC that is to be replaced with a new covenant.

SaulToPaul 2

The same Israel that had been oppressed in Egypt, and GOD rescues those folks from Egypt.
The same Israel that split into two ---- northern and southern, and was promised to be reunited as one again.
The same Israel that is now partially blinded and an enemy of the gospel, but still beloved of GOD.

There is not an old covenant with the BOC that is to be replaced with a new covenant.

IP cannot comprehend the simplest things.
Too many commentaries muddying the waters.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

This is simply logical and the conclusions to which all should arrive when reading the text, otherwise a meaning which is made up and foreign to the plain sense must be imposed to arrive at a different conclusion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Totally made up.
I cannot understand why he would even dare to make up the things he does when scripture tells us point blank whom the Old Covenant and New Covenant were made with.

And here it is again for those that might be inclined to entertain his fantasies.

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Hebrews 8:9 KJV
(9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

When did GOD ever find fault with the BOC for breaking GOD's covenant?????
HE didn't.
HE did however find fault with Israel for breaking GOD's covenant.
Just as the prophets told us.

Jeremiah 31:31-32 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Scripture tells us point blank.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Totally made up.

His "bible" does not have Genesis -- Malachi.
Deut 10:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:16) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
Right.
IP would have folks believe that a member of the nation of Israel could just choose to be "spiritually" circumcised instead of physically circumcised, and remain in the kingdom of Israel.
But that is not what scripture says about the circumcision in which Israelites were to be cast away for not doing.
It was for not being circumcised in the flesh.
We already know that Abraham was declared righteous before he was ever circumcised in the flesh.
But this righteous man would have been cut off if he had not been circumcised in the flesh.

Genesis 17:10-14 KJV
(10) This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
(11) And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
(12) And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
(13) He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
(14) And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

We're referring to the Father's firstborn son, right?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't blend it all together.
Let Israel be the Israel scripture says is Israel.

God said, "I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply, a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you"
(Genesis 35:11)

Who is the nation and the company of nations? After all, they came from Israel.

Bring them forth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God said, "I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply, a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you"
(Genesis 35:11)

Who is the nation and the company of nations? After all, they came from Israel.

Bring them forth.
Go ahead and give it your best guess as to the names of those nations and where they are located.
:popcorn:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Go ahead and give it your best guess as to the names of those nations and where they are located.
:popcorn:

I don't have to guess, scripture reveals where they are located.

It's not that hard to figure out.