"The Marijuana Industry's Dirty Little Secret"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
ACW might suffer a little resentment because he may have smoked a truckload of "Maryjane" in his time? While I've never even seen a Maryjane Cig. If he partook, that would explain his erratic thought processes? Huh AMC? Think about it if you have the clarity of thought to do so?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm telling my grandkids the story of how their grandpa and I built a little log cabin in the woods, and then spent four years sitting around planning how we'd build an addition....then we quit smoking pot and finished that addition in three months time.
I don't get the connection.

Is because it made ya'll too drunk to do anything, or did it make ya'll lazy, or what?

I ask because when my late husband had cancer, doctors gave him marijuana.
When he refused it, they told us it was not the kind that makes you high (but you would get a small buzz), but the kind that eases pain, nausea, and anxiety.
Before that, I did not know that there different kinds that did different things.
There were times when my husband gave me a puff, when I was overly worried about him.
It did relax me, but I never had the feeling that I could fly, or stagger about, or anything like that.

glorydaz

A simple yes or no would have sufficed. It appears that you don't have a problem with marijuana use, why is that?

Because it is a hundred times better than alcohol or any other substance people might use for fun or relaxation. I've watched booze destroy lives. I've watched crank, heroin, and prescription drugs destroy lives and families. Smoking pot doesn't destroy anything but a person's motivation, and it wears off quickly so they can go to work the next day without a hangover.

And don't try to push the lie that pot now is so much stronger....that's bull. And the pot most hippies grow is totally free from pesticides....they are "greenies" and don't like pesticides in anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Because it is a hundred times better than alcohol or any other substance people might use for fun or relaxation. I've watched booze destroy lives. I've watched crank, heroin, and prescription drugs destroy lives and families. Smoking pot doesn't destroy anything but a person's motivation, and it wears off quickly so they can go to work the next day without a hangover.

And don't try to push the lie that pot now is so much stronger....that's bull. And the pot most hippies grow is totally free from pesticides....they are "greenies" and don't like pesticides in anything.

Even though I don't partake, I agree 100% with you Glorydaz. My Sis and her Hubby smoke some. They're good people too.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I used to go clubbing in the eighties and drank a wee bit of booze. I was never approached by anyone offering me any kind of dope although drugs were being taken back then in that club. I just looked liked the type you don't offer it to. I stood 6'4" and over two hundred pounds.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My Sis, lives in Texas and she's told me that they've even ingested pot in a brownie. I love brownies, however, I can do without the "Pot Additive."

glorydaz

I don't get the connection.

Is because it made ya'll too drunk to do anything, or did it make ya'll lazy, or what?

A person doesn't get "drunk" on pot. But they do get creative, and a bit lazy because it's easier to talk than to do. Which was our problem. We over planned. We enjoyed coming up with different ideas. It was when we finally decided to get the basic plans done that we decided to just work...to put any further planning on hold, which was easy to do once we quit smoking.

I ask because when my late husband had cancer, doctors gave him marijuana.
When he refused it, they told us it was not the kind that makes you high (but you would get a small buzz), but the kind that eases pain, nausea, and anxiety.
Before that, I did not know that there different kinds that did different things.
There were times when my husband gave me a puff, when I was overly worried about him.
It did relax me, but I never had the feeling that I could fly, or stagger about, or anything like that.

Many people don't even get "high" because they expect to feel drunk. It's only when they try it a few times that they can relax and realize that buzz is as good as it gets and they can then enjoy it. My mom and dad tried it (dad was an alcoholic) and kept insisting he didn't feel anything, but pretty soon he was laughing and we got polaroid pictures of us all yucking it up. After that, he wasn't so down on it.

And, yes, I went through my brother in law dying here at the farm. We finally talked him into trying pot because his meds were horrible....he was getting mean on them, and there wasn't normally a mean bone in his body. I even got my sister to smoke some, and it helped them both get through the pain and sadness. It was wonderful watching him get his sense of humor back in his last days.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A person doesn't get "drunk" on pot. But they do get creative, and a bit lazy because it's easier to talk than to do. Which was our problem. We over planned. We enjoyed coming up with different ideas. It was when we finally decided to get the basic plans done that we decided to just work...to put any further planning on hold, which was easy to do once we quit smoking.

Many people don't even get "high" because they expect to feel drunk. It's only when they try it a few times that they can relax and realize that buzz is as good as it gets and they can then enjoy it. My mom and dad tried it (dad was an alcoholic) and kept insisting he didn't feel anything, but pretty soon he was laughing and we got polaroid pictures of us all yucking it up. After that, he wasn't so down on it.

And, yes, I went through my brother in law dying here at the farm. We finally talked him into trying pot because his meds were horrible....he was getting mean on them, and there wasn't normally a mean bone in his body. I even got my sister to smoke some, and it helped them both get through the pain and sadness. It was wonderful watching him get his sense of humor back in his last days.

I'm glad to hear about that Glorydaz. Pot isn't destructive like booze. It's hard to lose a loved one and if they kind find a little comfort on the way out, more power to them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I used to really enjoy the "high" that booze gave me. However, after awhile you begin to come down off that high and suddenly, you crash and burn. Booze is a "downer" after all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was suggested to Timothy in 1 Timothy 5:23 "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ Himself drank Wine and also created it at that wedding in Cana. Drunkeness is what is warned about in God's written word.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What happens when you do marijuana and booze at the same time?
I've seen people drunk, and I've seen people high on pot; but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do both at the same time.
Do they have any positive or negative effect on each other when mixed together?

I do think I agree with GD that booze is more destructive.
I've seen some get staggering drunk, can't see straight, and get downright antagonistic and confrontational.
I've never seen that behavior with the people who just smoked pot.
Mostly they chilled out.
But I haven't been around that many that do pot on any sort of regular schedule.
Mainly just on an occasional weekend.

From the limited amount of what I have witnessed myself, booze drinking caused much more negative behavior than pot smoking.

Newman

Sure, because big capitalist corporations would never sell anyone a harmful product, for the sake of profit.

Sure they would. And do! Isn't it up to consumers to decide the risk they want to take? You've used a tone that implies disagreement with firms selling goods that buyers may use and either intentionally or unintentionally harm themselves, but isn't this what happens with every single transaction in any economy? You buy something and there's a risk that the thing you buy can hurt you.

In my view, the only rule that needs to be enforced along these lines is one against fraud. Suppose an auto producer makes and sells a car without airbags, but tells the buyer that there are airbags. The producer has made a fraudulent claim and is in breach of contract. Anything more is an infringement on our right to take our own risks. If you want a risk-free life, go to jail and try to get into solitary confinement.

Newman

because it's one of the few consumer products intended to be taken in through the lungs

Why does the "intended" use matter? Couldn't some idiot drink engine coolant and still harm himself? Why don't we make coolant non-toxic (via gov't regulation) to prevent the idiots from hurting themselves?

The answer is it doesn't matter, and we can't prevent idiots from taking risks we deem too high. The question answers itself: who should decide what amount of risk is acceptable? Should we outlaw skydiving? Skiing? Alcohol? Tobacco? Driving? Flying? Matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.