The LORD is not willing that any should perish

marke

How can anyone God is not willing should perish perish ? How can anyone not come to repentance when its Almighty Gods Will that they do come to repentance ? Does not scripture tell us this about the True God ?Isa 46:9-10

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure[desire]:
Ps 115:3

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased[desired].
God is pleased to save any and all who respond to His loving and free invitation to come to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation because God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Jesus tells sinners to come.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

And Jesus condemns those who refuse to come.

Isaiah 1:20
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Jesus will save all who do come.

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Those He calls who refuse to come will be condemned.

Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How can anyone God is not willing should perish perish?

Because God cannot force someone to love Him. It's not possible, even for God.

How can anyone not come to repentance when its Almighty Gods Will that they do come to repentance?

Because men are not robots that do everything they are told to do.

Does not scripture tell us this about the True God ?Isa 46:9-10

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure[desire]:

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased[desired].

Which does not preclude men from having their own wills.

God does all that Pleases Him, but it does not please Him to force men to love Him, which is an impossibility anyways.

Love MUST be freely given.

beloved57

God is pleased to save any and all who respond to His loving and free invitation to come to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation because God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Jesus tells sinners to come.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

And Jesus condemns those who refuse to come.

Isaiah 1:20
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Jesus will save all who do come.

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Those He calls who refuse to come will be condemned.

Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
You just dont get it do you ?

beloved57

Because God cannot force someone to love Him. It's not possible, even for God.

Because men are not robots that do everything they are told to do.

Which does not preclude men from having their own wills.

God does all that Pleases Him, but it does not please Him to force men to love Him, which is an impossibility anyways.

Love MUST be freely given.
You dont know God and who He is !

marke

God is not willing that any should perish, which is why He sends His servants into all the world to preach the Gospel to every creature, calls all men to repentance, and draws all men to Himself.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

beloved57

God is not willing that any should perish, which is why He sends His servants into all the world to preach the Gospel to every creature, calls all men to repentance, and draws all men to Himself.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
You believe against the will of God ! That people will perish that God wills they dont ! Blasphemous to say the least !

marke

You believe against the will of God ! That people will perish that God wills they dont ! Blasphemous to say the least !
God wills that all men come to Him and apply for forgiveness for their sins but if they refuse then it is His will that they perish.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Ironic.

You dont know God and who He is !

Maybe you should look in a mirror sometime.

judge rightly

Then you believe the will of man is superior to the counsel of God !

Nope.

I don't. Free will is not a super power.

I believe that God's will is that men have the ability to choose to accept or reject Him.

Again, "Will" here simply means "desire."

God desires that men don't perish.

Yet they do, not because He wants them to perish, but because they don't want Him to save them.

Lon

How can anyone God is not willing should perish perish ? How can anyone not come to repentance when its Almighty Gods Will that they do come to repentance ? Does not scripture tell us this about the True God ?Isa 46:9-10

Beautiful verse.
Agreed. This scripture isn't pitted against Matthew 13:24-30. "An enemy came and sowed weeds." You MUST reconcile all scriptures, not just some. It is necessary.

Agree, but He didn't sow weeds. The 'enemy,' according to God, did.

beloved57

Them whom God desires and wills to come to repentance, its no doubt He will give them that repentance since its in His sole power to do so 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

beloved57

In Jeremiah its also seen that its God that gives, causes, repentance Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

marke

Them whom God desires and wills to come to repentance, its no doubt He will give them that repentance since its in His sole power to do so 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Consider the meaning of 2 Timothy 2:

2 Timothy 2

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

There are good vessels and corrupt vessels in the church today. The good vessels are honorable, the bad vessels are dishonorable. In a very basic sense, if a man will PURGE HIMSELF from sin then he shall be a good vessel.

beloved57

Anyone who believes God does not allow men to exercise their own will does not understand the Bible.
lol, anyone who doesnt believe that God exercises His Sovereign Freewill to do what He desires, doesnt understand the scriptures !

beloved57

2 Timothy 2

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

There are good vessels and corrupt vessels in the church today. The good vessels are honorable, the bad vessels are dishonorable. In a very basic sense, if a man will PURGE HIMSELF from sin then he shall be a good vessel.
You still dont get it !

marke

2 Timothy 2

Repentance? Carnal or lost Christians are in bondage to the devil's deception. How can they be delivered? They must humble themselves before God or they will not be delivered. If they humble themselves before God They may recover themselves. Of course we know God must give enlightenment before men can repent, but the Bible does not say men should expect "God to recover them or they will not be recovered."

marke

lol, anyone who doesnt believe that God exercises His Sovereign Freewill to do what He desires, doesnt understand the scriptures !
It is God's will to make delivery from sins available to all, but not to save those who refuse to humble themselves before Jesus. There are those who limit God and falsely claim He cannot do that.

marke

In Jeremiah its also seen that its God that gives, causes, repentance Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
The first stage in getting help from God is to beg for help. It seems inconsistent to say those who turn to God and beg for help were turned to God by God before they even wanted help. God does not make men turn to Him, but He does command all men to repent and turn to Jesus.

beloved57

It is God's will to make delivery from sins available to all, but not to save those who refuse to humble themselves before Jesus. There are those who limit God and falsely claim He cannot do that.
Your problem is you dont believe in the True Sovereign God whose will trumps the will of man and devils !