The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
in what way does his failing to have this mythical "popular mandate" limit his power?
It's not a "mythical" anything and I already explained the impact, so I'll cut this shorter than your attention span and call it a day. Kubo and the Two Strings is waiting. And it has imagination. :)

ClimateSanity

You should have gone the other way. He'd have spent at least a half hour looking for the remote.

Now that should be easy enough for him to find.
I can ignore it but no one knows I ignored it. All they will think is so and so trashed me good and I couldn't even think of a reply, so it must be true. I won't allow anyone to trash me unanswered if I can. Now, it's even worse. I've been told I will be banned if I defend myself against the attacker.

Why are you and fool allowed to defend yourself but not me? If doser attacks you , you silence him by getting him banned. I guess what is good for the house isn't good for the gander.

Ignore function between my ears indeed. Until you can do the same while a pack of vicious wolves trash your name......it's just empty hypocritical words.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

ClimateSanity

in what way does his failing to have this mythical "popular mandate" limit his power?

he still gets to choose SCOTUS nominees

he's still CIC

he's still president
If you think about it, managing to get a majority of the EC votes despite a 3 million vote edge against you says a lot. It means your appeal is more wide spread and not just to a few narrow demographics that you pandered to .

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I can ignore it but no one knows I ignored it. All they will think is so and so trashed me good and I couldn't even think of a reply, so it must be true. I won't allow anyone to trash me unanswered if I can. Now, it's even worse. I've been told I will be banned if I defend myself against the attacker.

Why are you and fool allowed to defend yourself but not me? If doser attacks you , you silence him by getting him banned. I guess what is good for the house isn't good for the gander.

Ignore function between my ears indeed. Until you can do the same while a pack of vicious wolves trash your name......it's just empty hypocritical words.

When you are in the garden you have to be careful which pansy you clip. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can ignore it but no one knows I ignored it.
Two responses occur to me.

1. And this matters why, exactly?

2. How would you know until you manage it?

All they will think is so and so trashed me good and I couldn't even think of a reply, so it must be true.
People who want to think the worst of you will always find a reason to do it. You do that all the time. Maybe what puts that fear into you of something that really doesn't matter is a reflection of the way you think and not the thoughts of relative strangers, speaking from positions of anonymity, on an internet chat board.

I won't allow anyone to trash me unanswered if I can.
People can say anything about you that they want to. They can't actually do anything to you though.

Now, it's even worse. I've been told I will be banned if I defend myself against the attacker.
But that isn't what you were told. You should consider why that's how you remember it and learn that lesson already.

Why are you and fool allowed to defend yourself but not me?
I never threaten to harm a soul. And it isn't hard to manage. All you have to do is either a) learn to restrain the impulse, or b) stop really investing anything in negativity, yours or theirs. Then you can occasionally learn something from one of you.

If doser attacks you , you silence him by getting him banned
No, I really don't. You should look at the Woodshed and see who reports and what. It would be a revelation for you. The worst I've asked for with him is that when he trolls a thread he's banned from it, though a couple of the threads he's banned from came without a word from me. Knight kicked him out of one of them, by way of example.

You don't have a "name" here. And I walk away from conversations that aren't productive or interesting to me all the time. Again, I just did that with a poster in another thread. I don't answer most of what Sod says about me, don't visit the threads he makes about me, etc. But I also don't get so emotionally invested that I threaten people with violence. Or, I think my first advice here is the best I can give you.

I'm doing it as a pragmatic service. I don't support your contentions here at all, think they're largely hypocritical and contrived, but it doesn't matter. If you believe they're true I've seen that can be as real to you as the objective truth. So take the advice and apply it anyway. You'll be happier for it.

ClimateSanity

Two responses occur to me.

1. And this matters why, exactly?

2. How would you know until you manage it?

People who want to think the worst of you will always find a reason to do it. You do that all the time. Maybe what puts that fear into you of something that really doesn't matter is a reflection of the way you think and not the thoughts of relative strangers, speaking from positions of anonymity, on an internet chat board.

People can say anything about you that they want to. They can't actually do anything to you though.

But that isn't what you were told. You should consider why that's how you remember it and learn that lesson already.

I never threaten to harm a soul. And it isn't hard to manage. All you have to do is either a) learn to restrain the impulse, or b) stop really investing anything in negativity, yours or theirs. Then you can occasionally learn something from one of you.

No, I really don't. You should look at the Woodshed and see who reports and what. It would be a revelation for you.

You don't have a "name" here. And I walk away from conversations that aren't productive or interesting to me all the time. Again, I just did that with a poster in another thread. I don't answer most of what Sod says about me, don't visit the threads he makes about me, etc. But I also don't get so emotionally invested that I threaten people with violence. Or, I think my first advice here is the best I can give you.

I'm doing it as a pragmatic service. I don't support your contentions here at all, think they're largely hypocritical and contrived, but it doesn't matter. If you believe they're true I've seen that can be as real to you as the objective truth. So take the advice and apply it anyway. You'll be happier for it.

Nothing worthwhile or true. Try again.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you think about it, managing to get a majority of the EC votes despite a 3 million vote edge against you says a lot. It means your appeal is more wide spread and not just to a few narrow demographics that you pandered to .
Actually it says you won in spite of not being widely popular. Land doesn't feel, even if it can distort the power of a vote.

ClimateSanity

Actually it says you won in spite of not being widely popular. Land doesn't feel, even if it can distort the power of a vote.
Hillary was not widely popular. A larger margin means nothing if all her support is from a narrow slice of society. America is much more than new York city and los Angeles county. Trump on the other hand was popular all across the country. Feminists and LGBTQ and immigrationists and hedge fund managers and Hollywood is not the totality of America.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hillary was not widely popular.
Neither candidate was beloved, but she had a few million more votes of confidence, which were negated by an operation of land and imaginary line.

A larger margin means nothing if all her support is from a narrow slice of society
Neither does this claim. Trumps support was less diverse as a demographic than Clinton's.

He captured about what Romney did in his failed bid.

America is much more than new York city and los Angeles county.
America is much more than aging white people, CS. And that's the largest part of Trump's demo.

According to Pew it was:

Trump 58% to Clinton's 38% of whites
Trump 12% to Clinton's 88% of blacks

Trump 42% to Clinton's 54% of women
Trump 53% to Clinton's 41% of men

Trump 43% to Clinton's 52% of college graduates
Trump 52% to Clinton's 44% of those without a college education

Trump 37% to Clinton's 55% of voters between the ages of 18-29
Trump 53% to Clinton's 45% of voters 65 and older

Trump on the other hand was popular all across the country.
In the sense that older, under educated white men are all across the country. Otherwise, not so much.

ClimateSanity

Neither candidate was beloved, but she had a few million more votes of confidence, which were negated by an operation of land and imaginary line.

Neither does this claim. Trumps support was less diverse as a demographic than Clinton's.

He captured about what Romney did in his failed bid.

America is much more than aging white people, CS. And that's the largest part of Trump's demo.

According to Pew it was:

Trump 58% to Clinton's 38% of whites
Trump 12% to Clinton's 88% of blacks

Trump 42% to Clinton's 54% of women
Trump 53% to Clinton's 41% of men

Trump 43% to Clinton's 52% of college graduates
Trump 52% to Clinton's 44% of those without a college education

Trump 37% to Clinton's 55% of voters between the ages of 18-29
Trump 53% to Clinton's 45% of voters 65 and older

In the sense that older, under educated white men are all across the country. Because that's the largest part of his less diverse demographic.
I dare anyone to take 100 Trump voters randomly and 100 Hillary voters randomly in a sociological study. Study them for 100 personality and lifestyle characteristics. Take the means and standard deviations on all characters. Compare the average standard deviation for all characters between Hillary and Trump voters.

I would lay down $100 that the Trump voters were more diverse than the Hillary supporters.

Race and ethnicity are not equal to diversity.

ClimateSanity

Untrue, since my point had nothing to do with the person you're fixated on and everything to do with the perspective you lack that finds you threatening anyone here. Learn/don't learn, it's your problem
First of all, I'm not fixated on anyone. It's liars like you that I have a problem with. Yes. You are a liar. You purposely said I was fixated on a personal with the intent to defame my person. That makes you a scumbag.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First of all, I'm not fixated on anyone.
You've spent an awful lot of time talking about her, but you missed the larger point again.

It's liars like you that I have a problem with. Yes. You are a liar. You purposely said I was fixated on a personal with the intent to defame my person. That makes you a scumbag.
See, there you go illustrating the point I was actually making. You literally defended speaking a thing that wasn't true because you said you believed it was true. But if I say something I think is true you bring out the "liar" and "scumbag" nonsense. More peculiar because you've had a lot to say about anna, meaning you might differ with how I see the concentration, but it's rooted in the empirically observable. You pulled yours out of thin air and bias.

Pick a standard already. One for everyone, including you.

glorydaz

You've spent an awful lot of time talking about her, but you missed the larger point again.

See, there you go illustrating the point I was actually making. You literally defended speaking a thing that wasn't true because you said you believed it was true. But if I say something I think is true you bring out the "liar" and "scumbag" nonsense. More peculiar because you've had a lot to say about anna, meaning you might differ with how I see the concentration, but it's rooted in the empirically observable. You pulled yours out of thin air and bias.

Pick a standard already. One for everyone, including you.

Oh Townie, if you impressed yourself any more, you'd blow up like a balloon and float right off this planet. :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh Townie, if you impressed yourself any more, you'd blow up like a balloon and float right off this planet. :rotfl:
Now that was smarter, moving the focus back on someone else. :thumb: There's hope for you yet.

Okay then...we can't all be as humble as you, glory. Not if anyone else wants a turn. :)