ECT The law of God, still abides.

feneluscliff

Scripture teaches that men ought to, "Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." - Ecclesiastes 12:13. Christ's testimony, is that, "I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love." - John 15:10. Christ did not just keep the law for his own good but for, "an example, that ye should follow his steps:" - 1Peter 2:21. In the plan of human redemption, the life of Christ is essential. His life *is a testimony, that humanity and divinity can overcome sin; but we need to follow his example, especially obedience to his law.

Scripture also teaches that, "until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." And that, "by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" - Romans 5:12,1John 3:4, Romans 5:13. The testimony of the scriptures stated, is that at the creation, man was place under God's law and it was the violation of his law that brought sin and death into this world. It also testifies that, so long as God's creation continues, so long will his law continue. The law wrought love, the main principle of heaven. Love worketh no ill, but Christ was wounded and crucified for the violation of this principle. Christ dying on the cross is the most strongest argument, that his law can never be annulled or abrogated. If the law could have been changed, Christ could have been spared from his cruel death; but nevertheless, "Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" - 1Peter 3:18.

Christ did not only die for our sins, and to do away with the pending death sentence against us; but for the new covenant promises which scripture has made mention of,"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people. and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."- Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 8:10-11. The new covenant promise is that, God will write his law upon our mind and heart, this too, is another evidence that his law is ever abiding and that man is under solemn obligation to keep every precept of the law. In writing the law upon our heart and mind, God is ensuring that every man will know his will from the least to the greatest. God's will is that everyone should have true knowledge of sin. That sin is a violation of his law, and that its wages is death.- Romans 6:23. By obtaining this knowledge, conversion will begin, men will turn to Christ, who alone can save man from death and restore their relationship with God. But if man disregard his law, how then shall he know he is a sinner, and that he needs Christ to make him righteous and holy? So the law remains and cannot be changed. In closing I leave you with the words of the saviour, “Till heaven and earth pass,” said Jesus, “one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” The sun shining in the heavens, the solid earth upon which you dwell, are God’s witnesses that His law is changeless and eternal. Though they may pass away, the divine precepts shall endure. “It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.” Luke 16:17. The system of types that pointed to Jesus as the Lamb of God was to be abolished at His death; but the precepts of the Decalogue are as immutable as the throne of God. - DA 308.3.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The church of God is not the House of Israel and the Law of Moses does not annul the covenant made with Abraham.

And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ... (Galatians 3:17 NKJV)​

So what was the purpose of the law that was added to the covenant?

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19 NKJV)​

OCTOBER23

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God,

and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:

and his commandments are not grievous.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me,

let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Here is the sum of the ten commandments

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thou love thyself.

If keeping the commandments are essential to salvation then no-one is saved.

OCTOBER23

TOTTON-LINNET

NO , JESUS WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS.

Isaiah 22:23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place;

and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house.

-- LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND MIND AND SOUL.-

We keep the Commandments Physically and Mentally .

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
TOTTON-LINNET

NO , JESUS WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS.

Isaiah 22:23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place;

and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house.

-- LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND MIND AND SOUL.-

We keep the Commandments Physically and Mentally .

No you don't, you try to keep the commandments, you aspire to keep the commandments....you wish

You try and you fail......therefore by the law shall no man be justified.

The handwriting [the commandments] which was against us was nailed to the cross....Christ is the end of the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Would that it were true ... and yet, it still abounds. Might be time for another ideology, eh?

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The handwriting [the commandments] which was against us was nailed to the cross....Christ is the end of the law.

Earlier you said this, "Here is the sum of the ten commandments: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thou love thyself."

If God is love then why would Christ do away with love toward God and love toward neighbor?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can someone enumerate what Christ's commandments are?

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

It begins with Acts 2:38.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

LA