ECT The law of God, still abides.

Right Divider

Body part
Why did Jesus ask him to do that? Because it would buy his way into heaven, or because he saw into the man's heart ....that he loved him money more than anything?
Jesus told all of the apostle to sell all that they had. It was about the coming tribulation where no one could buy or sell without the mark of the beast. Jesus told them to pray for their daily bread because God will provide this during the tribulation just like He did in the wilderness.
Luk 12:32-33 KJV Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (33) Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

JonahofAkron

It is not the question, the question is will the keeping of them save you? no

Will keeping them keep you saved? no

Does trying to keep them in order to be saved negate faith in Christ? yes

I did not realize that was the argument. It is not necessary for salvation. Acts 15:1 1**Then some men came down from Judea and started to teach the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the Law of Moses, you can’t be saved.”

The issue of following Torah to be saved was answered here. *Acts 20:19**“Therefore, I have decided that we should not trouble these gentiles who are turning to God.

It is clear that proof of salvation in order to join congregations is those four things in Acts 20:20-22.

JonahofAkron

Why did Jesus ask him to do that? Because it would buy his way into heaven, or because he saw into the man's heart ....that he loved him money more than anything?

I think that's what she's saying.

The main problem that I see in this argument is the refusal to acknowledge that Torah has some place in our lives.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I know Jamie answered it, but I think it bears repeating for the sake of clarification: the command to put God first was not followed. Obviously, this means that the statement made by the rich young ruler was false and he had not followed all of the commands.

Jesus took this opportunity once again to challenge first century Pharisaic Judaism on its prosperity doctrine. The young ruler could not agree with Yeshua on the doctrine of mammon. The house built on the sand was Pharisaic Judaism and the house built on Messiah is the rock.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does trying to keep them in order to be saved negate faith in Christ? yes

Salvation is by grace through faith. Abraham's covenant is a covenant of faith. Obeying God's ten instructions written with the finger of God does not negate faith. On the contrary, it is God's covenant.

JonahofAkron

Jesus took this opportunity once again to challenge first century Pharisaic Judaism on its prosperity doctrine. The young ruler could not agree with Yeshua on the doctrine of mammon. The house built on the sand was Pharisaic Judaism and the house built on Messiah is the rock.
I don't disagree with you. I would be careful not to make this the understanding for ALL interactions with the Pharisees (a group I think He would have been linked to in word and action-closely related to Hillel).

Right Divider

Body part
I did not realize that was the argument. It is not necessary for salvation. Acts 15:1 1**Then some men came down from Judea and started to teach the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the Law of Moses, you can’t be saved.”

The issue of following Torah to be saved was answered here. *Acts 20:19**“Therefore, I have decided that we should not trouble these gentiles who are turning to God.

It is clear that proof of salvation in order to join congregations is those four things in Acts 20:20-22.
Your use of the scripture is completely wrong.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Here is the sum of the ten commandments

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thou love thyself.

If keeping the commandments are essential to salvation then no-one is saved.

But didn't Paul say that if you are cheater, stealer etc. then you will not enter the Kingdom of God? Therefore Christians must believe that keeping the commandments are essential.

DAN P

But didn't Paul say that if you are cheater, stealer etc. then you will not enter the Kingdom of God? Therefore Christians must believe that keeping the commandments are essential.

Hi and just where is there a verse where the Body of Christ HAS to keep commandments ??

dan p

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Hi and just where is there a verse where the Body of Christ HAS to keep commandments ??

dan p

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men - 1 Corinthians 6:9

DAN P

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men - 1 Corinthians 6:9

Hi , and you did not answer where the Body of Christ has to keep commandments ??

It is OBVIOUS THAT use missed 1 Cor 6;11 , that some of you were these things , stay in CONTEXT !!

DAN P

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

James did settle the matter for all time, obeying the commandments is not required for salvation but faith.

And since nobody was ever saved by obeying the commandments it is foolish for people to go back to trying to obey them in order to stay righteous.

JonahofAkron

James did settle the matter for all time, obeying the commandments is not required for salvation but faith.

And since nobody was ever saved by obeying the commandments it is foolish for people to go back to trying to obey them in order to stay righteous.

You failed to pay attention to what I said.... Again. As a matter fact, I made sure to say that any command following that James discusses is to prove salvation; not to become saved. It is the evidence of something already done.

I continue to say that none are saved by following any command.