The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus resurrection body........

Jesus resurrection body........

His body not seeing decay is about his physical body not seeing decay after he died.

We've already addressed the issue of Jesus body as taught in the papers (remember the thread-subject here), and the issue of 'corruption' here (see link which also shares about the 'morontial' body, which is an important concept to understand, it referring to that substance or quality of existence that is inbetween the material and physical).

According to the papers, the disintegration of his physical body was supernaturally 'accelerated' so it did not undergo the usual decay-process of time, while Jesus arose in his 'morontial' body and appeared to his disciples in that body, before ascending on high as a perfected spirit-being in Paradise.

See Paper 48: The Morontia Life (a significant teaching unique to the papers)

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
While on vacation hopefully, Caino will learn some posting skills! Such as, how
to read something he's written before hitting the post button! Unfortunately,
he knows more about the Urantia (UFO cult)Book, than what he knows
about the Bible! Why he stays here and tries to persuade posters to accept
the Urantia book and its many fables is beyond me? You'd think he
would look for a forum on New age spiritualism, Gnosticism, the
occult, UFO contact, and other strange topics? He would be welcomed
with open arms! Nobody here wants to sample the garbage he's
offering!

No offence, just fact!

Zeke

GM, Another blind guide trying to lead by all those ego based facts, but that is the chino (christian in name only) way of pointing that self righteous finger every where but where it should be! but being a blind trained child of the Babylonian religious indoctrination system one can't expect much else. Show me that ID slave boy!!

jeremysdemo

GM, Another blind guide trying to lead by all those ego based facts, but that is the chino (christian in name only) way of pointing that self righteous finger every where but where it should be! but being a blind trained child of the Babylonian religious indoctrination system one can't expect much else. Show me that ID slave boy!!
Oh how quickly we forget the sludge from whence we came....

Did I degrade you while you were yet blind Zeke?

you should be shining the light on the path brother, helping the lame to walk, etc,

somehow I doubt calling GM names is going to do that, ya catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....:cool:

it may go down sweet, but it will turn bitter in the belly, ya dig?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh how quickly we forget the sludge from whence we came....

Did I degrade you while you were yet blind Zeke?

you should be shining the light on the path brother, helping the lame to walk, etc,

somehow I doubt calling GM names is going to do that, ya catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....:cool:

it may go down sweet, but it will turn bitter in the belly, ya dig?

Zeke's just a strange dude with some; semi-funny ideas! He's
of no consequence in the scheme of things! Know what I mean?
Probably not, but, at least you got the message!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You sound an awful lot like a, "Bizarro, Maynard G. Krebs!"

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
more to be 'cranky' about.......

more to be 'cranky' about.......

While on vacation hopefully, Caino will learn some posting skills! Such as, how
to read something he's written before hitting the post button! Unfortunately,
he knows more about the Urantia (UFO cult)Book, than what he knows
about the Bible! Why he stays here and tries to persuade posters to accept
the Urantia book and its many fables is beyond me?

He's just sharing something of religious significance and theological value, like any other religionist who has a passion for his faith. Remember, this is the 'Religion' section. There is an 'Exclusive Christian Theology' section for those interested.

You'd think he
would look for a forum on New age spiritualism, Gnosticism, the
occult, UFO contact, and other strange topics? He would be welcomed
with open arms!

From what I know of him, hes not into any of the catagories as popularly defined from your list above. Hes more of a devout believer in UB fundamentals, but you'd have to learn/familiarize yourself with what the papers teach in order to "relate". 'Relating' is an essential key in 'dialogue'. Its a mutual engagement of learning information, a shared exchange.

On that note, my interests/studies would more liberally include the above and much more, since being a 'gnostic' at heart,....'knowledge' is key, the very 'light' at the heart of consciousness. 'Gnosis' is 'experiential knowledge'.....a moment to moment awareness intrinsic to itself, in which all and everything is known, and even beyond objects is the awareness of being itself. Reality is that in which everything arises as a reflection of itself. There is only this one conscious 'Self', all aware, all luminous. This 'light' is 'God', since there is no other besides 'God'. God is One. God is All.

Nobody here wants to sample the garbage he's
offering!

Well, one mans 'trash' is another man's 'treasure' ;) - viewpoints also change with time.

As far as popularity or 'interest' goes, this thread isn't doing too bad with 147,272 views. Even compared with another thread with over 5,000 posts, the 'views' are significantly higher to show there are interested readers following the dialogue....even with the nincompoops and nay-sayers picketing the thread :crackup: - I couldn't resist :)

No offence, just fact!

The 'views' and those finding value in the exchange beg to differ, dearie.

:p

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He's just sharing something of religious significance and theological value, like any other religionist who has a passion for his faith. Remember, this is the 'Religion' section. There is an 'Exclusive Christian Theology' section for those interested.

From what I know of him, hes not into any of the catagories as popularly defined from your list above. Hes more of a devout believer in UB fundamentals, but you'd have to learn/familiarize yourself with what the papers teach in order to "relate". 'Relating' is an essential key in 'dialogue'. Its a mutual engagement of learning information, a shared exchange.

On that note, my interests/studies would more liberally include the above and much more, since being a 'gnostic' at heart,....'knowledge' is key, the very 'light' at the heart of consciousness. 'Gnosis' is 'experiential knowledge'.....a moment to moment awareness intrinsic to itself, in which all and everything is known, and even beyond objects is the awareness of being itself. Reality is that in which everything arises as a reflection of itself. There is only this one conscious 'Self', all aware, all luminous. This 'light' is 'God', since there is no other besides 'God'. God is One. God is All.

Well, one mans 'trash' is another man's 'treasure' ;) - viewpoints also change with time.

As far as popularity or 'interest' goes, this thread isn't doing too bad with 147,272 views. Even compared with another thread with over 5,000 posts, the 'views' are significantly higher to show there are interested readers following the dialogue....even with the nincompoops and nay-sayers picketing the thread :crackup: - I couldn't resist :)

The 'views' and those finding value in the exchange beg to differ, dearie.

:p

pj

You cannot expect to try and "push" your cultist beliefs on
a Christian forum and not expect some backlash! Why don't
Caino and you look for a forum of like minded people such as
yourselves! You could share your love for the Urantia book
with those who are in agreement with you already! Would
that be boring to you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You cannot expect to try and "push" your cultist beliefs on
a Christian forum and not expect some backlash! Why don't
Caino and you look for a forum of like minded people such as
yourselves! You could share your love for the Urantia book
with those who are in agreement with you already! Would
that be boring to you?

Whose pushing what on who? This is a thread on a particular subject, like any other. Its fair game and equal opportunity in the field of religion. Is there discrimination involved? As far as anyone trying to convert another towards anything, you'd have to judge and evaluate that from person to person, as everyone has their own interests, orientation or agenda which can change within the context of any given time.

I've been active in the past on a UB forum or 2, with limited involvement (not currently however), but its been years, and Caino is active and/or a member of at least one UB forum as far as I know. TOL provides a wonderful strata and diversity of perspectives and posters with which to engage, unlike a more limited discussion forum, that might allow just only one subject or religious-persuasion depending on its rules.

'Theology' itself is an all-inclusive and universal term, which includes all religious belief-systems, traditions and schools of thought that pertain to and relate to 'God' in some way.

Just out of curiosity, how come you call guys; "Dearie?" That's unusual?

oh its just me playing around, being whimsical, facetious....I'll stop it.

pj

God's Truth

We've already addressed the issue of Jesus body as taught in the papers (remember the thread-subject here), and the issue of 'corruption' here (see link which also shares about the 'morontial' body, which is an important concept to understand, it referring to that substance or quality of existence that is inbetween the material and physical).

According to the papers, the disintegration of his physical body was supernaturally 'accelerated' so it did not undergo the usual decay-process of time, while Jesus arose in his 'morontial' body and appeared to his disciples in that body, before ascending on high as a perfected spirit-being in Paradise.

See Paper 48: The Morontia Life (a significant teaching unique to the papers)

pj

I am not interested in extra books about God.

God's Truth

No, the concept that Jesus represents was pure spirit within the kingdom of God, that kingdom is within the human body which is what the allegory of the scripture is all about! the literal kills the spiritual and causes divisions within the message of light that isn't observed by the two (thieves) eyes. Luke 17:20-21.
Why are you saying no to what I said?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
shackled by belief.......

shackled by belief.......

I am not interested in extra books about God.

That then is a self-imposed limitation you put on yourself and 'God'. If you want to confine yourself and 'God' to a prescribed 'box' that's your choice, but an unfortunate one.

This thread is about the Urantia Papers, so I answered you appropriately according to what it teaches to enlighten you on the subject. If you don't want to risk being 'enlightened' by reading other books on the subject of 'God', you're welcome to leave the discussion.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That then is a self-imposed limitation you put on yourself and 'God'. If you want to confine yourself and 'God' to a prescribed 'box' that's your choice, but an unfortunate one.

This thread is about the Urantia Papers, so I answered you appropriately according to what it teaches to enlighten you on the subject. If you don't want to risk being 'enlightened' by reading other books on the subject of 'God', you're welcome to leave the discussion.

pj

Nobody, I mean nobody can be, "Enlightened" by the Urantia Book!
It's considered a work of fiction (not to you and Caino) on this and
any other Christian based forum! So, besides yourself, Caino, and
perhaps, Zeke(he's a strange one, for sure) the Urantia book is
not inspired of God, and therefore, of no importance to any "true
believer" in the written word of God! (the Bible)

See, YOU consider the UB to be of GREAT importance, but why
should we? Have you read the Book of Mormon? Probably not!
Why? Because, you're not interested in the Mormon faith! Have
you read, "Dianitics" by L. Ron Hubbard? If not, you probably don't
consider it to be pertinent?

Just because you and Caino attach importance to the UB doesn't
mean the rest of the world are inclined to do so! A Christian only
needs to read a very small portion of the UB, to know it didn't come
from God! How? discernment! The UB adds to the Bible! There's
only one written word of God to we Christians! Whether or not
you think it's logical doesn't make any difference!

God's Truth

Nobody, I mean nobody can be, "Enlightened" by the Urantia Book!
It's considered a work of fiction (not to you and Caino) on this and
any other Christian based forum! So, besides yourself, Caino, and
perhaps, Zeke(he's a strange one, for sure) the Urantia book is
not inspired of God, and therefore, of no importance to any "true
believer" in the written word of God! (the Bible)

See, YOU consider the UB to be of GREAT importance, but why
should we? Have you read the Book of Mormon? Probably not!
Why? Because, you're not interested in the Mormon faith! Have
you read, "Dianitics" by L. Ron Hubbard? If not, you probably don't
consider it to be pertinent?

Just because you and Caino attach importance to the UB doesn't
mean the rest of the world are inclined to do so! A Christian only
needs to read a very small portion of the UB, to know it isn't come
from God! How? discernment! The UB adds to the Bible! There's
only one written word of God to we Christians! Whether or not
you think it's logical doesn't make any difference!

Well said.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TOL provides a wonderful strata and diversity of perspectives and posters with which to engage, unlike a more limited discussion forum, that might allow just only one subject or religious-persuasion depending on its rules.

Then, don't get upset when Christians disagree with your "beliefs!"

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit of truth.............

Spirit of truth.............

A Christian only
needs to read a very small portion of the UB, to know it didn't come
from God! How? discernment!

Jesus did say he would send the Spirit of truth to lead and guide us -

180:5.1 The new helper which Jesus promised to send into the hearts of believers, to pour out upon all flesh, is the Spirit of Truth. This divine endowment is not the letter or law of truth, neither is it to function as the form or expression of truth. The new teacher is the conviction of truth, the consciousness and assurance of true meanings on real spirit levels. And this new teacher is the spirit of living and growing truth, expanding, unfolding, and adaptative truth.

180:5.2 Divine truth is a spirit-discerned and living reality. Truth exists only on high spiritual levels of the realization of divinity and the consciousness of communion with God. You can know the truth, and you can live the truth; you can experience the growth of truth in the soul and enjoy the liberty of its enlightenment in the mind, but you cannot imprison truth in formulas, codes, creeds, or intellectual patterns of human conduct. When you undertake the human formulation of divine truth, it speedily dies. Post-mortem salvage of imprisoned truth, even at best, can eventuate only in the realization of a peculiar form of intellectualized glorified wisdom. Static truth is dead truth, and only dead truth can be held as a theory. Living truth is dynamic and can enjoy only an experiential existence in the human mind.

-Paper 180, Spirit of Truth

Indeed, even as Paul wrote,...spiritual things, concepts, principles, realities are spiritually discerned. Living truth is a moment to moment experiential awareness of reality.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus did say he would send the Spirit of truth to lead and guide us -

Indeed, even as Paul wrote,...spiritual things, concepts, principles, realities are spiritually discerned. Living truth is a moment to moment experiential awareness of reality.

pj

The Bible NEVER discussed the "Urantia Book!" If you believe it
did, give us the chapter and verses? And, remember, the verses
and chapters MUST mention the Urantia book, by title!

Status
Not open for further replies.