The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see? This is my objection to the UB and why I call it total deception...
Innocent Christians who get sucked into discussions with readers of the UB are being led astray from what they believe to be the inspired word of god in the bible into arguments about "What Jesus said" when what "Jesus" says in the UB is not at all connected to what "Jesus" says in the bible - except for that UB readers claim it to be so.

I see the UB as a cleverly devised distraction for Christians who don't know any better... and that is what is so disturbing about it to me.

All I have to do is ask very core of Jesus' teachings and if they cannot answer, it is not of Jesus. I know Jesus' teachings very well. You don't have to be bible scholar to find out who are of Jesus or not.

Jesus teachings are simple and clear.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just so I understand... you would not defend a child who was being attacked? And If someone said they were going to kill you, you would not try to save yourself, even if it meant killing them?

I don't have to kill anyone to protect my child. Your scenario is unrealistic.

Sandycane

All I have to do is ask very core of Jesus' teachings and if they cannot answer, it is not of Jesus. I know Jesus' teachings very well. You don't have to be bible scholar to find out who are of Jesus or not.

Jesus teachings are simple and clear.

I always thought so too.
So do you pretty much discount all the rest of the bible and only follow the "red parts?" What about the OT? Eye for an eye, don't eat pork and all that?

Sandycane

I don't have to kill anyone to protect my child. Your scenario is unrealistic.

"Unrealistic," really?
Never heard of school shootings?
If you were in a classroom full of kids and an intruder came in with a gun, and you had an opportunity to take out the intruder using deadly force somehow, you would not do it to protect the children?

What if someone tried to kidnap your kid while you were shopping in Walmart?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I always thought so too.
So do you pretty much discount all the rest of the bible and only follow the "red parts?" What about the OT? Eye for an eye, don't eat pork and all that?

I discard all the account which do not harmonize with Jesus' word.

Eye for eye is OT teachings, not Jesus' teachings. You don't know much about Jesus' teachings do you? OT teaching is Judaism.

I am Jesus' follower, and not Judaism follower.

Sandycane

Do you follow your child to school with gun to protect him?

Go ahead, be my guest. No one is stopping you.

My kids are done schooling and my grandson is home schooled.

I have grandkids too.
You're dodging the question. Let's move on...

How do you feel about police officers?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have grandkids too.
You're dodging the question. Let's move on...

How do you feel about police officers?

I don't get involve with the politics. You seem to forget I am Jesus' follower.

Jesus' followers don't get involve with the politics.

Police is for the world. They exist to protect the world. Good for them.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Jesusonian Gospel..................

The Jesusonian Gospel..................

Can you say you are a born-again Christian who believes the bible is the inspired word of god?

No, with this condition: since to answer 'yes' would mean I accept the terms, meanings and limitations of such a pre-scribed 'definition'.

Since I've expanded and learned a greater context of religious-freedoms and spiritual frontiers, I'm not limited to that 'context', although I've had wonderful and significant experience in 'God' within that 'cultural-context' and have never denied such, since I consider all 'mile-stone' points or segways in my journey as having their place, so all have some 'value'.

While I have my own understanding and experience of 'Jesus', both human and divine dimensions,...I don't need to call myself a 'Christian', and have not done so here on this forum, for some time now....I did originally identify as a 'Christian(other)', but 'labels' don't necessarily make the book and actions/behaviors of some so called 'Christians' here, and their dogmatic qualifications of using the 'term', distanced me from affiliating with such.

Within a UB context, followers of Jesus who strive to live the religion of Jesus (the way he lived and was loyal to the Father's will), are known as 'Jesusonian' in nature. So the gospel revealed or emphasized in the papers is more 'Jesusonian' than limited to a circumscribed traditional-orthodox Christian 'gospel-definition'.

94:4.10 Today, in India, the great need is for the portrayal of the Jesusonian gospel —the Fatherhood of God and the sonship and consequent brotherhood of all men, which is personally realized in loving ministry and social service.

94:10.3 The Tibetans have something of all the leading world religions except the simple teachings of the Jesusonian gospel: sonship with God, brotherhood with man, and ever-ascending citizenship in the eternal universe.

195:10.5 In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve.

196:2.1 Some day a reformation in the Christian church may strike deep enough to get back to the unadulterated religious teachings of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. You may preach a religion about Jesus, but, perforce, you must live the religion of Jesus. In the enthusiasm of Pentecost, Peter unintentionally inaugurated a new religion, the religion of the risen and glorified Christ. The Apostle Paul later on transformed this new gospel into Christianity, a religion embodying his own theologic views and portraying his own personal experience with the Jesus of the Damascus road. The gospel of the kingdom is founded on the personal religious experience of the Jesus of Galilee; Christianity is founded almost exclusively on the personal religious experience of the Apostle Paul. Almost the whole of the New Testament is devoted, not to the portrayal of the significant and inspiring religious life of Jesus, but to a discussion of Paul's religious experience and to a portrayal of his personal religious convictions. The only notable exceptions to this statement, aside from certain parts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are the Book of Hebrews and the Epistle of James. Even Peter, in his writing, only once reverted to the personal religious life of his Master. The New Testament is a superb Christian document, but it is only meagerly Jesusonian.

Sandycane

I don't get involve with the politics. You seem to forget I am Jesus' follower.

Jesus' followers don't get involve with the politics.

Police is for the world. They exist to protect the world. Good for them.

So, someone like you, who follows Jesus can not also be a police officer?
... and there's nothing "political" about police officers - just the opposite in fact, they protect and serve everyone, even those who refuse to protect themselves.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So, someone like you, who follows Jesus can not also be a police officer?

Nope, because I may have to shoot the criminals. that's not my faith.
... and there's nothing "political" about police officers - just the opposite in fact, they protect and serve everyone, even those who refuse to protect themselves.

Yes it is, don't you hear about police militariasm? that all in the news lately.

If you are interested in Jesus' teachings, read Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. His word, teachings are in them.

It is much better than taking my word. Jesus is the great teacher of Himself and His teachings.

Sandycane

No, with this condition: since to answer 'yes' would mean I accept the terms, meanings and limitations of such a pre-scribed 'definition'.

Since I've expanded and learned a greater context of religious-freedoms and spiritual frontiers, I'm not limited to that 'context', although I've had wonderful and significant experience in 'God' within that 'cultural-context' and have never denied such, since I consider all 'mile-stone' points or segways in my journey as having their place, so all have some 'value'.

While I have my own understanding and experience of 'Jesus', both human and divine dimensions,...I don't need to call myself a 'Christian', and have not done so here on this forum, for some time now....I did originally identify as a 'Christian(other)', but 'labels' don't necessarily make the book and actions/behaviors of some so called 'Christians' here, and their dogmatic qualifications of using the 'term', distanced me from affiliating with such.

Within a UB context, followers of Jesus who strive to live the religion of Jesus (the way he lived and was loyal to the Father's will), are known as 'Jesusonian' in nature. So the gospel revealed or emphasized in the papers is more 'Jesusonian' than limited to a circumscribed traditional-orthodox Christian 'gospel-definition'.
Thanks. I appreciate the honesty of your reply and the explanation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
prove your claim?

prove your claim?

You see? This is my objection to the UB and why I call it total deception...

Innocent Christians who get sucked into discussions with readers of the UB are being led astray from what they believe to be the inspired word of god in the bible into arguments about "What Jesus said" when what "Jesus" says in the UB is not at all connected to what "Jesus" says in the bible - except for that UB readers claim it to be so.

I see the UB as a cleverly devised distraction for Christians who don't know any better... and that is what is so disturbing about it to me.

I answered you here, did you consider all that was shared and my question at the end presented?

I don't see your proof or necessity that it has to somehow be a 'total deception',....I find that term rather incriminating, a claim that has with it the burden of proof.

Not sure what you find disturbing, since your posture here is similar to a fundamentalist evangelical defending the 'inerrant word of God' against deception from the devil, the same bible-thumpers that threaten you with eternal hellfire. I find that an interesting campground for an atheist to hover in.

pj

Sandycane

Nope, because I may have to shoot the criminals. that's not my faith.

Yes it is, don't you hear about police militariasm? that all in the news lately.

If you are interested in Jesus' teachings, read Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. His word teachings are in them.

It is much better than taking my word. Jesus is the great teacher of Himself and His teachings.

Thanks, but I am not interested in reading the books of the bible. I am more interested in you at the moment.

What country do you live in? Here in the US we have police officers, sheriff deputies, state troopers, etc who are employed by their city, county, and state. Their job is to protect and serve.
I'm not talking about ISIS, or some other terrorist military thugs in foreign countries.
I'm talking about police officers in the US -
You are saying it is not possible for a person to be a follower of Jesus and also be a police officer?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Thanks, but I am not interested in reading the books of the bible. I am more interested in you at the moment.

What country do you live in? Here in the US we have police officers, sheriff deputies, state troopers, etc who are employed by their city, county, and state. Their job is to protect and serve.
I'm not talking about ISIS, or some other terrorist military thugs in foreign countries.
I'm talking about police officers in the US -
You are saying it is not possible for a person to be a follower of Jesus and also be a police officer?

You've done it now. She'll be on this topic for a century or two now.

One of her pet issues is that Christians cannot serve in any military or law enforcement position. It's one of her several tests of faith.

Anyone who believes differently, even if they never serve in any of those capacities, is a reprobate in her judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.