The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
well no I haven't read them all...but the few I do post in would be the qualifier for the always.

I don't know what gave you the idea I hold myself in high regard or importance on this forum.

If it helps you at all think of me as lowly as I am. :cloud9:

Most "OTHERS" are pretty strange folks! Ya know what I mean? Odd!

God's Truth

Welcome everyone to the thread,

This space is dedicated to sharing and discussion of the Urantia Papers, or what formally came to be known in the public domain as the Urantia Book (UB), a large comprehensive tome of 196 Papers given to our planet in the early part of the 20th century by a group of celestial personalities, serving as the 5th epochal revelation to our planet 'Urantia' (Earth). The revelators used the highest concepts of knowledge among the archives of humanity at that time within the schools of science, religion, history and philosophy, expanding our conceptual frame-work of the universe and the purpose of creation in time and eternity, particularly explaining the ascension-program and eternal progression of souls in their journey towards divine perfection.

The volume is divided in 4 parts (online study edition indexed here) -

1. The Central and Superuniverses

2. The Local Universe

3. History of Urantia (planet Earth)

4. The Life and Teachings of Jesus

~*~*~

These introductions below explain much more for those interested in discussing

The UB – an introduction

Introduction to the Urantia Book for Conservative Christians

Urantia Book differences from traditional-orthodox Christian beliefs

Truthbook Intro.

3-Part Vido Introduction to the Urantia Book

Urantia Foundation Intro.

UB Websites Directory

~*~*~

Open, explorative and insightful discussion is encouraged here concerning the cosmology, philosophy, theology revealed in the papers,...their concepts, ideals, values, meanings within the contextual frames provided, whether one sees this work as 'inspired', truly 'revelatory' (more or less) or as religious science fiction or a tapestry of amalgamated influences from various sources,...no matter,....respectful and civil dialogue is encouraged, for those interested in the many subjects covered in this work.

Thank You.

~*~*~

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

God's Truth

Whether I'm gay, bi, trans or queer, bears little on the discussion or subject-matter. We're all God's children. Saying 'dearie' was a tactical nuance of language, whether it sounded gay or not.

If he wants to discuss, spiritual discernment by the Spirit of truth, the papers expound plenty about that, hence sharing some passages about it.

pj

God adopts whom He chooses. We become God's children by adoption.

God's Truth

That then is a self-imposed limitation you put on yourself and 'God'. If you want to confine yourself and 'God' to a prescribed 'box' that's your choice, but an unfortunate one.

This thread is about the Urantia Papers, so I answered you appropriately according to what it teaches to enlighten you on the subject. If you don't want to risk being 'enlightened' by reading other books on the subject of 'God', you're welcome to leave the discussion.

pj

Freelight,

Those teachings from others that you consider and go by...who wrote them? Did they die for you? Jesus died for you. Only go by what Jesus says, and what Jesus says is written in the Holy Bible.

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

John 10:1
"Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Hi GT,

Research the OP and thread if you want to learn more. The above passage is Paul's own claim referring to his own personal revelations, which do not necessarily reflect the gospel that Jesus and his original apostles taught. It was from conflict with Peter about Jewish observances that inspired this claim of his exalting his gospel as the only true one.

See: Back to Square 1

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi GT,

Research the OP and thread if you want to learn more. The above passage is Paul's own claim referring to his own personal revelations, which do not necessarily reflect the gospel that Jesus and his original apostles taught. It was from conflict with Peter about Jewish observances that inspired this claim of his exalting his gospel as the only true one.

pj

There you go again, trying to do your best impression of a Christian! Impressions are NEVER as good as the real thing!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God adopts whom He chooses. We become God's children by adoption.

Let's properly preface that - "according to Paul". Show us where Jesus taught this.

The papers teach we are already children of God by nature and design, yet are given the Spirit and various spirit-ministries to regenerate, renew, illumine and empower us.....awakening our recognition of being sons of God. The core message of the good news being centered in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man which in us is realized by faith, thru love in the Spirit.

God has already chosen by his love. There is free-will on our part if we so choose eternal life in doing God's will.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freelight,

Those teachings from others that you consider and go by...who wrote them? Did they die for you? Jesus died for you.

The papers are signed by their various authors/compilers. Other religious writings have various authors. The books in the bible have theirs, yet some are contested, assumed, speculated or unknown.

Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice of love....and as God's Son continues to bestow his love. All God's servants do his will. We've addressed the blood atonement theory already. Use the thread search feature.

pj

God's Truth

The papers are signed by their various authors/compilers. Other religious writings have various authors. The books in the bible have theirs, yet some are contested, assumed, speculated or unknown.

Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice of love....and as God's Son continues to bestow his love. All God's servants do his will. We've addressed the blood atonement theory already. Use the thread search feature.

pj

I am not going to follow links to what you have said before.

I am discussing now.

Jesus died for us. Those whose teachings you follow are thieves and robbers. They did not die for you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelight seems to think if he gets people to read and study "HIS" Urantia Book,
that they'll suddenly 'see the light' and say out loud; "This IS the ONLY real truth!

Good luck with that Freelight, you're not that good of a salesman!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've read a minuscule amount of your garbage, and it was enough to prove to
myself that, it was NOT of the truth! I don't care about your strange beings
who supposedly spoke through a sleeping woman while a secretary jotted
down what the "beings" were telling the (sleeping woman)

I also don't want to hear about the names of each 'being' and their position
in the Universe! It's all, so much "Malarkey!"

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freelight seems to think if he gets people to read and study "HIS" Urantia Book,
that they'll suddenly 'see the light' and say out loud; "This IS the ONLY real truth!

Good luck with that Freelight, you're not that good of a salesman!

Show where I've ever done what you insinuate above. The UB
is one religious book among many others which any are free to explore on their own interest or inspiration.

No one book has a monopoly on truth, since truth is a living ever-present dynamic of what is...and is being communicated in every moment. Like wind or water it flows of its own accord yet we feel it's impressions.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Show where I've ever done what you insinuate above. The UB
is one religious book among many others which any are free to explore on their own interest or inspiration.

No one book has a monopoly on truth, since truth is a living ever-present dynamic of what is...and is being communicated in every moment. Like wind or water it flows of its own accord yet we feel it's impressions.

pj

Fancy words but, you're still a cultist! In my eyes that's unacceptable!

God's Truth

Hi GT,

pj

That is not true. If you are going to talk about the Bible, at least get it right.

God's Truth

Let's properly preface that - "according to Paul". Show us where Jesus taught this.

The papers teach we are already children of God by nature and design, yet are given the Spirit and various spirit-ministries to regenerate, renew, illumine and empower us.....awakening our recognition of being sons of God. The core message of the good news being centered in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man which in us is realized by faith, thru love in the Spirit.

God has already chosen by his love. There is free-will on our part if we so choose eternal life in doing God's will.

pj

You do not know the scriptures.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

We are not all God's children. Many are the children of Satan.

Status
Not open for further replies.