The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandycane

Not sure what you find disturbing, since your posture here is similar to a fundamentalist evangelical defending the 'inerrant word of God' against deception from the devil, the same bible-thumpers that threaten you with eternal hellfire. I find that an interesting campground for an atheist to hover in.

pj

Lol...interesting campground, indeed.:dizzy:

Sandycane

You've done it now. She'll be on this topic for a century or two now.

One of her pet issues is that Christians cannot serve in any military or law enforcement position. It's one of her several tests of faith.

Anyone who believes differently, even if they never serve in any of those capacities, is a reprobate in her judgment.

Wow. Unbelievable.
I'm sorry, but I've got to probe further.
:shocked:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Thanks, but I am not interested in reading the books of the bible. I am more interested in you at the moment.

I follow Jesus' teachings. I strive to be faithful to all His teachings.

You are saying it is not possible for a person to be a follower of Jesus and also be a police officer?

If you have to shoot the criminal, it is not good idea to be one because that would be disobeying Jesus' command. Jesus commands us to love your enemy.

Sandycane

Nope, because I may have to shoot the criminals. that's not my faith.

Yes it is, don't you hear about police militariasm? that all in the news lately.

If you are interested in Jesus' teachings, read Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. His word, teachings are in them.

It is much better than taking my word. Jesus is the great teacher of Himself and His teachings.

So, what would you do if you find someone breaking into your house, or stealing your car, or shooting your dog?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So, in your perfect world, police officers would only be people who are ungodly, or atheists?

I do not live in perfect world. We all live in this imperfect world but we strive to live by Jesus' perfect teachings. When we have second lives, we live by Jesus' teachings. No one will break it; disobediences are not allowed in God's world.

Sandycane

We call police. Criminals are of the world. Jesus says let the dead handle their own dead. That's why we pay tax too.

I think I see.
So, if you call the police on someone and that officer kills the criminal, aren't you ultimately responsible for the death since you asked the police to protect you?

You don't object to paying tax money to ungodly and atheist police officers?

I don't know the statistics, but I'm pretty sure there are some police officers who believe in Jesus. What happens to them if they have to kill someone?

Sandycane

... kind of like Christians are not supposed to work on Sundays, but it's okay for a Christian to go out to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday and be served by a waitress that has to work?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
... kind of like Christians are not supposed to work on Sundays, but it's okay for a Christian to go out to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday and be served by a waitress that has to work?

...which is already a convolution of the Sabbath as Sunday. But yes, that's the same (lack of) reasoning.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I don't follow Sabbath law. Everyday is Lord's day for my family. I don't go to church. I don't belong to any organization or denomination.

Jesus says where there are two or three gather in Him name, He will be there. My family is my church.:)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Daily lessons from the Urantia Revelation:

"You are destined to live a narrow and mean life if you learn to love only those who love you. Human love may indeed be reciprocal, but divine love is outgoing in all its satisfaction-seeking. The less of love in any creature’s nature, the greater the love need, and the more does divine love seek to satisfy such need. Love is never self-seeking, and it cannot be self-bestowed. Divine love cannot be self-contained; it must be unselfishly bestowed.

Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life — escape the harassments of material existence — while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one’s fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.

As the days pass, every true believer becomes more skillful in alluring his fellows into the love of eternal truth. Are you more resourceful in revealing goodness to humanity today than you were yesterday? Are you a better righteousness recommender this year than you were last year? Are you becoming increasingly artistic in your technique of leading hungry souls into the spiritual kingdom?

Are your ideals sufficiently high to insure your eternal salvation while your ideas are so practical as to render you a useful citizen to function on earth in association with your mortal fellows? In the spirit, your citizenship is in heaven; in the flesh, you are still citizens of the earth kingdoms. Render to the Caesars the things which are material and to God those which are spiritual.

The measure of the spiritual capacity of the evolving soul is your faith in truth and your love for man, but the measure of your human strength of character is your ability to resist the holding of grudges and your capacity to withstand brooding in the face of deep sorrow. Defeat is the true mirror in which you may honestly view your real self.

As you grow older in years and more experienced in the affairs of the kingdom, are you becoming more tactful in dealing with troublesome mortals and more tolerant in living with stubborn associates? Tact is the fulcrum of social leverage, and tolerance is the earmark of a great soul. If you possess these rare and charming gifts, as the days pass you will become more alert and expert in your worthy efforts to avoid all unnecessary social misunderstandings. Such wise souls are able to avoid much of the trouble which is certain to be the portion of all who suffer from lack of emotional adjustment, those who refuse to grow up, and those who refuse to grow old gracefully."
."

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Self-Distribution of the First Source and Center

"It would seem that the Father, back in eternity, inaugurated a policy of profound self-distribution. There is inherent in the selfless, loving, and lovable nature of the Universal Father something which causes him to reserve to himself the exercise of only those powers and that authority which he apparently finds it impossible to delegate or to bestow.

The Universal Father all along has divested himself of every part of himself that was bestowable on any other Creator or creature. He has delegated to his divine Sons and their associated intelligences every power and all authority that could be delegated. He has actually transferred to his Sovereign Sons, in their respective universes, every prerogative of administrative authority that was transferable. In the affairs of a local universe, he has made each Sovereign Creator Son just as perfect, competent, and authoritative as is the Eternal Son in the original and central universe. He has given away, actually bestowed, with the dignity and sanctity of personality possession, all of himself and all of his attributes, everything he possibly could divest himself of, in every way, in every age, in every place, and to every person, and in every universe except that of his central indwelling".​

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

God's Truth

I follow Jesus' teachings. I strive to be faithful to all His teachings.

If you have to shoot the criminal, it is not good idea to be one because that would be disobeying Jesus' command. Jesus commands us to love your enemy.

You are a hypocrite. You say the police are the dead and can kill the dead for you. You say the US Military is evil, but you are not a natural citizen here, you can leave to a country that has no military. In addition, you take money from the US Military pension.

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Did you read that scripture?

Paul says that to BELIEVERS. Paul says that if you are punished with the sword, then it is good for you to be punished that way if you did wrong.

You even judge Apostle Paul.

You do not obey Jesus.

You are sinning against God and you fail to recognize His Word in the things Paul and His other chosen apostles say.

One of David's wives could not bear children because she judged David, see 2 Samuel 6:20, and 2 Samuel 6:23.

See what happened to Moses sister Miriam when she judged Moses. God gave her leprosy. See Number 12:1-9, 15.

You have been disqualified for the prize, since you do not obey.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

You tell others they are not saved. With the measure you use to judge others, is the measure you will be judged.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

jeremysdemo

1Mind1Spirit said:
Dosent matter if it happened in a nano second, lol, or a year.

Yer scenario says the Holy One saw corruption.
Says his body didn't rot like normal, he was just fine, he resurrected himself from the dead.
Jesus said nothing that enters the body defiles a man, would this not include, worms, decay, etc?

I've always read that reference to mean corrupt spiritually, he did not see spiritual corruption, not that he lived up to some Pharisaical standard and forgot to wash his hands therefor becoming corrupt in a worldly legalistic manner.

God's Truth

Jesus said nothing that enters the body defiles a man, would this not include, worms, decay, etc?

I've always read that reference to mean corrupt spiritually, he did not see spiritual corruption, not that he lived up to some Pharisaical standard and forgot to wash his hands therefor becoming corrupt in a worldly legalistic manner.

His body not seeing decay is about his physical body not seeing decay after he died.

As for hand washing that was a rule added by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

It is not a bad thing to obey Jesus. Jesus does not give permission to not obey him.

Zeke

His body not seeing decay is about his physical body not seeing decay after he died.

As for hand washing that was a rule added by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

It is not a bad thing to obey Jesus. Jesus does not give permission to not obey him.

No, the concept that Jesus represents was pure spirit within the kingdom of God, that kingdom is within the human body which is what the allegory of the scripture is all about! the literal kills the spiritual and causes divisions within the message of light that isn't observed by the two (thieves) eyes. Luke 17:20-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.