The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Caino;3780406[B said:
]The difference is that the Urantia papers are actually true.
[/B]
This site covers science that was unknown at the time of the UB in 1955 but has been validated.

http://www.ubthenews.com/

This is the list of all who have claimed to be the Jewish Messiah:

Simon of Peraea (c. Unknown – 4 BCE), a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans.[3]
Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BCE – 30 CE), leader of a Jewish sect who was crucified by the Romans at the instigation of Jewish leaders; Jews who believed him to be the Messiah were the first Christians, also known as Jewish Christians.[4] Muslims,[5] Christians[6] and Messianic Jews[7] believe him to be the real Messiah.
Athronges (c. 3 CE),[8] a shepherd turned rebel leader.
Menahem ben Judah (?), allegedly son of Judas of Galilee, partook in a revolt against Agrippa II before being slain by a rival Zealot leader.
Vespasian, c. 70, according to Josephus[9]
Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.
Moses of Crete (?), who in about 440–470 persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.
Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.
Yudghan (?), a disciple of Abu 'Isa who continued the faith after Isa was slain.[10][11]
Serene (?), who around 720 claimed to be the Messiah and advocated expulsion of Muslims and relaxing various rabbinic laws before being arrested; he then recanted.
David Alroy (?), born in Kurdistan, who around 1160 agitated against the caliph before being assassinated.
Nissim ben Abraham (?), active around 1295.[10]
Moses Botarel of Cisneros (?), active around 1413; claimed to be a sorcerer able to combine the names of God.
Asher Lämmlein (?), a German near Venice who proclaimed himself a forerunner of the Messiah in 1502.
David Reubeni (1490–1541?) and Solomon Molcho (1500–1532), messianic adventurers who travelled in Portugal, Italy and Turkey; Molcho, who was a baptised Catholic, was tried by the Inquisition, convicted of apostasy and burned at the stake.
A mostly unknown Czech Jew from around the 1650s.[12]
Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676), an Ottoman Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, but then converted to Islam; still has followers today in the Donmeh.
Barukhia Russo (Osman Baba), successor of Sabbatai Zevi.
Jacob Querido (?–1690), claimed to be the new incarnation of Sabbatai; later converted to Islam and led the Donmeh.
Miguel Cardoso (1630–1706), another successor of Sabbatai who claimed to be the "Messiah ben Ephraim."
Mordecai Mokia (1650–1729), "the Rebuker," another person who proclaimed himself Messiah after Sabbatai's death.
Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750), attained some following amongst former followers of Sabbatai, calling himself the "Messiah ben Joseph."
Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791), who claimed to be the reincarnation of King David and preached a synthesis of Christianity and Judaism.
Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902–1994), the seventh Chabad Rabbi who tried to "prepare the way" for the Messiah. An unidentifiable number of his followers believe him to be the Messiah, though he himself never said this and actually scoffed at such claims which were made during his lifetime.[13][14]

Every Mormon and Scientologist would also admit their belief is true!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Location of the original "Garden of Eden" according to the UB 38,000 BC

3. The Garden Site

(823.1) 73:3.1 The committee on location was absent for almost three years. It reported favorably concerning three possible locations: The first was an island in the Persian Gulf; the second, the river location subsequently occupied as the second garden; the third, a long narrow peninsula — almost an island — projecting westward from the eastern shores of the Mediterranean Sea.

(823.2) 73:3.2 The committee almost unanimously favored the third selection. This site was chosen, and two years were occupied in transferring the world’s cultural headquarters, including the tree of life, to this Mediterranean peninsula. All but a single group of the peninsula dwellers peaceably vacated when Van and his company arrived.

(823.3) 73:3.3 This Mediterranean peninsula had a salubrious climate and an equable temperature; this stabilized weather was due to the encircling mountains and to the fact that this area was virtually an island in an inland sea. While it rained copiously on the surrounding highlands, it seldom rained in Eden proper. But each night, from the extensive network of artificial irrigation channels, a “mist would go up” to refresh the vegetation of the Garden.

(823.4) 73:3.4 The coast line of this land mass was considerably elevated, and the neck connecting with the mainland was only twenty-seven miles wide at the narrowest point. The great river that watered the Garden came down from the higher lands of the peninsula and flowed east through the peninsular neck to the mainland and thence across the lowlands of Mesopotamia to the sea beyond. It was fed by four tributaries which took origin in the coastal hills of the Edenic peninsula, and these are the “four heads” of the river which “went out of Eden,” and which later became confused with the branches of the rivers surrounding the second garden.

(823.5) 73:3.5 The mountains surrounding the Garden abounded in precious stones and metals, though these received very little attention. The dominant idea was to be the glorification of horticulture and the exaltation of agriculture.

(823.6) 73:3.6 The site chosen for the Garden was probably the most beautiful spot of its kind in all the world, and the climate was then ideal. Nowhere else was there a location which could have lent itself so perfectly to becoming such a paradise of botanic expression. In this rendezvous the cream of the civilization of Urantia was forgathering. Without and beyond, the world lay in darkness, ignorance, and savagery. Eden was the one bright spot on Urantia; it was naturally a dream of loveliness, and it soon became a poem of exquisite and perfected landscape glory.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll give you this much; religion is both subjective, and up to personal
interpretation! Everyone has, not only the ability but the right to
believe what they choose! If one chooses to involve themselves in
a cult, a philosophy or a particular church or denomination, that's
their right! However, we have to be willing to withstand the attacks
on those same beliefs! Some are good at that, some are not!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I do have a life away from the computer, so try on some patience. Some posters may not sign back in for many hours or even days, so be mindful of that. Again,....you're presuming a lot, and since you haven't done enough study and research on the Urantia Papers (yet) you are not qualified to really engage in a productive dialogue on the material. You've been invited however to meet those qualifications, or else we're just 'tap-dancing' on the periphery.

pj

Temper, temper! You didn't admit to reading the entire Bible, and
yet, you implore me to do a "deep study" of your material! How do
you justify your expectations?

Last edited:

Levolor

Temper, temper! You didn't admit to reading the entire Bible, and
yet, you implore me to do a "deep study" of your material! How do
you justify your expectations?

Your quotation of Freelight is a total and intentional misrepresentation.

That's called false witnessing in case you didn't know.

No. I don't see a connection. You've already been given AMPLE information and resources about the Urantia Papers in this thread. See previous posts and learn.

I've read and studied the Bible enough over the years to know its basic teachings, history and theology, and as a student of comparative religions, philosophy and metaphysics continually pursue studies....since revelation is progressive. I've also read the UB, yet gravitate towards certain particular books (chapters/papers) in the tome, finding some more useful according to my particular subject-interests, mainly the theological-philosophical-cosmological aspects of the revelation. This generally goes for any compendium of religious writings, some books are more valid, useful or interesting. If you haven't familiarized yourself with both documents (Bible and the UB), you really cant compare them in a knowledgable way beyond un-informed assumptions and guess-work.

I do have a life away from the computer, so try on some patience. Some posters may not sign back in for many hours or even days, so be mindful of that. Again,....you're presuming a lot, and since you haven't done enough study and research on the Urantia Papers (yet) you are not qualified to really engage in a productive dialogue on the material. You've been invited however to meet those qualifications, or else we're just 'tap-dancing' on the periphery.

pj

Levolor

What quotation?

The one in post #2664

Reads like this:

Originally Posted by freelight View Post
No.

pj

Done to give the impression that Freelight said "No" to the question of if he had read the bible.

Glad you asked so that someone just now coming into the thread will know.

Zeke

I'll give you this much; religion is both subjective, and up to personal
interpretation! Everyone has, not only the ability but the right to
believe what they choose! If one chooses to involve themselves in
a cult, a philosophy or a particular church or denomination, that's
their right! However, we have to be willing to withstand the attacks
on those same beliefs! Some are good at that, some are not!

I wonder if the Pilgrims gave a hoot about the Native Americans religion when they were starving to death, I bet they were thankful for the help from a fellow human being.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The one in post #2664

Reads like this:

Done to give the impression that Freelight said "No" to the question of if he had read the bible.

I don't see "your" problem? Freelight has not stated that he/she has
read the entire Bible cover to cover!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The one in post #2664

Reads like this:

When I try to cut the post down so the quotation isn't extensive, I
may miss a letter or two! This is totally unintentional! Therefore, I
still say that Freelight has yet admitted to reading the entire Bible!

Zeke

The one in post #2664

Reads like this:

Of all the people that I have met on this site, Freelight is the most stable, calm, graceful, and Christ like of the bunch, I gave him what for when I was still spewing the party line, but now I consider him a friend.

Levolor

When I try to cut the post down so the quotation isn't extensive, I
may miss a letter or two! This is totally unintentional! Therefore, I
still say that Freelight has yet admitted to reading the entire Bible!

You've just admitted what you are denying, if you could but see it.

I don't see "your" problem? Freelight has not stated that he/she has
read the entire Bible cover to cover!

That's because you don't see it. Observe what is highlighted in yellow.

No. I don't see a connection. You've already been given AMPLE information and resources about the Urantia Papers in this thread. See previous posts and learn.

I've read and studied the Bible enough over the years to know its basic teachings, history and theology, and as a student of comparative religions, philosophy and metaphysics continually pursue studies....since revelation is progressive. I've also read the UB, yet gravitate towards certain particular books (chapters/papers) in the tome, finding some more useful according to my particular subject-interests, mainly the theological-philosophical-cosmological aspects of the revelation. This generally goes for any compendium of religious writings, some books are more valid, useful or interesting. If you haven't familiarized yourself with both documents (Bible and the UB), you really cant compare them in a knowledgable way beyond un-informed assumptions and guess-work.

pj

He stated that he has "ALSO READ" the UB, right after speaking of reading the bible.

That means yes, he has read the bible too.

Levolor

Of all the people that I have met on this site, Freelight is the most stable, calm, graceful, and Christ like of the bunch, I gave him what for when I was still spewing the party line, but now I consider him a friend.

He appears to me to be someone who has seen God.

Status
Not open for further replies.