The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You mean before you were totally deceived by this huckster. He spreads the manure and you just ate it up. Putting out the front of being "Christ Like" or your opinion of what "Christ Like" is really means nothing being he brings you the message and spirit of anti-christ in his message. Wake up....

Gal. 1:8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any gospel other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
Gal. 1:9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any gospel other than that which you received, let him be cursed.

Wowzers... Even most churches are preaching another gospel.

For the denominationalists, it's a hope-only gospel with grace codified by the Law in varying degrees.

For the charismatics/pentecostals, it's either a hope-only gospel with grace codifed by the Law OR a hope-only gospel with grace codified by the gifts as works.

THIS is the work (singular) of God... that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. -John 6:29

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Wowzers... Even most churches are preaching another gospel.

For the denominationalists, it's a hope-only gospel with grace codified by the Law in varying degrees.

For the charismatics/pentecostals, it's either a hope-only gospel with grace codifed by the Law OR a hope-only gospel with grace codified by the gifts as works.

THIS is the work (singular) of God... that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. -John 6:29

In some cases this may be true...some, but certainly not all.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Its a wonderful universe.......

Its a wonderful universe.......

Freelight, have you ever been abducted by alien beings? This is a serious
question, please treat it as such! I have a hunch that you may have, not
only been abducted but have had many hours worth of earnest discussions
with those who did not originate on planet earth! I would be interested in
what these beings from another galaxy have disclosed to you in private?

You have the opportunity to share, what it was like to be aboard an alien
spacecraft, and mingling with creatures from another world! I'd also like
to know if you, and they communicated telepathically or otherwise? Did
you have an interesting relationship with them, and were they affable?

Did they question you about, life on earth? Did you find out what their life
expectancy was on their planet and what form of governmental format
they used? I have a myriad of other questions; however, I would prefer
if you added any other relevant details, you might deem
informative? Thanks in advance for your co-operation!

GM, I find it ironic but not surprising that you would blossom and ask so many questions when these serve your own special interest, never mind whether they are related to the UB and its teaching which is the primary directive here. While your question might seem to be 'related' to the topic here, it really isn't...but it might serve as a 'seg-way' to broaden your horizons.

Concerning the UB and UFO's or spaceship technology....I would propose that while the revelators of the UB are 'celestials', these beings are not typically identified with or as other-world races and off-planet cultures (who are corporeal beings) from nearby galaxies or solar systems which have visited and/or frequently visit our world (such as the Pleiadians, Sirians, Andromedans, Arcturians, Venusians, etc.). Actually, the UB has nothing to do with the UFO conceptions of this generations 'pop-culture' or 'conspiracy theories' although some 'gel' these together. The 'celestials' are 'divine Sons', 'angelic beings' or 'heavenly messengers'. (not head-bobbing greys flying around in saucers).

See "What is the UFO phenomena all about?"

I would categorize UFO encounters and their history with our planet differently (in certain respects), since the UB focuses more on a synthesis of religion, philosophy and science pertaining to our spiritual evolution and ultimate destiny within the greater cosmos, illumining the laws and principles which govern such progress, on our planet and the worlds which we will visit and spend time on beyond this physical dimension in our ascent towards Paradise.

I see the celestials of the UB as more of a company existing 'inter-dimensionally' on the inner planes, revealing a cosmology from the inside (or 'inwards') out, since The Universal Father is the 'First Source and Center' of the Universe of universes, the eternal epi-center of all reality, at the Heart of all creation....so that our journey Godward is actually more 'inward' towards the divine center although we could describe it as an 'ascension' as well from another perspective. Below is a crude chart of the 'central universe' and the 7 super-universes revolving around the divine center, the eternal abode of 'God'.

View attachment 18487

To answer your question above, I do not consciously remember any alien abduction per se, but have had a peculiar interest and draw to UFO's, UFO/alien studies, and extra-terrestrial presences from childhood (pre-teens and thru-out) so was a curious investigator of such mysteries and other occult sciences, off and on. I recall faint recollections of what might have been UFO encounters (consciously or in dreams) or paranormal phenonema, but nothing to write a book about at the moment. I did have my classic thread here "Extraterrestrial Theology" which is no longer extant, for those who might remember which covered all aspects of ET inter-actions focusing more on the spiritual teaching or religious principles espoused by various ETs. This includes all reports of physical UFO contacts as well; see here.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(60.4) 4:5.5 "The Hebrews believed that “without the shedding of blood there could be no remission of sin.” They had not found deliverance from the old and pagan idea that the Gods could not be appeased except by the sight of blood, though Moses did make a distinct advance when he forbade human sacrifices and substituted therefor, in the primitive minds of his childlike Bedouin followers, the ceremonial sacrifice of animals."

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
An escapee from area 51 I presume. :think:

They mocked the prophets in their day as well.

Was "Gabriel" from area 51?

Gabriel first appears, in the current OT books, to Daniel to help him interpret his "vision."

Gabriel appears in The Book of Enoch, along with new names of other celestials.

Gabriel appears in apocalyptic literature form the "Intertestamental period" in various apocalyptical works.

So, when this celestial being appears to Mary and Elizabeth, imagine if they had been as childish as those who claim to be followers of Gabriel’s master as you on this forum have been about this latest revelation of truth?

Why do you think God only existed in an enchanted age 2000 years ago? Why do you deride the thought of angels or celestials partaking in revelation in this age?

You do believe in Christ so why do you think he cannot tell you more in response to your faith?

Why do you think Freelight and I are here, is it because we like to take a lot of abuse for our own amusement?

“Woe upon you, false guides of a nation! Over yonder have you built a monument to the martyred prophets of old, while you plot to destroy Him of whom they spoke. You garnish the tombs of the righteous and flatter yourselves that, had you lived in the days of your fathers, you would not have killed the prophets; and then in the face of such self-righteous thinking you make ready to slay him of whom the prophets spoke, the Son of Man. Inasmuch as you do these things, are you witness to yourselves that you are the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets. Go on, then, and fill up the cup of your condemnation to the full!"

Some of you here savor of the spirit of the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets, in doing so, you sincerely think you are doing a service to God.

Caino

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Gabriel first appears, in the current OT books, to Daniel to help him interpret his "vision."

Gabriel appears in apocalyptic literature form the "Intertestamental period" in various apocalyptical works.

So, when this celestial being appears to Mary and Elizabeth, imagine if they had been as childish as those who claim to be followers of Gabriel’s master as you on this forum have been about this latest revelation of truth?

Why do you think God only existed in an enchanted age 2000 years ago? Why do you deride the thought of angels or celestials partaking in revelation in this age?

You do believe in Christ so why do you think he cannot tell you more in response to your faith?

Why do you think Freelight and I are here, is it because we like to take a lot of abuse for our own amusement?

“Woe upon you, false guides of a nation! Over yonder have you built a monument to the martyred prophets of old, while you plot to destroy Him of whom they spoke. You garnish the tombs of the righteous and flatter yourselves that, had you lived in the days of your fathers, you would not have killed the prophets; and then in the face of such self-righteous thinking you make ready to slay him of whom the prophets spoke, the Son of Man. Inasmuch as you do these things, are you witness to yourselves that you are the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets. Go on, then, and fill up the cup of your condemnation to the full!"

Some of you here savor of the spirit of the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets, in doing so, you sincerely think you are doing a service to God.

Caino

First... You nor any of your peers are "prophets".

Second... Speaking against someone is not slaying them.

Do you understand the difference between speaking and killing? It's quite a difference.

I wouldn't slay you, even though you aren't a prophet.

This is the height of a false martyr complex, and a Universalist Messiah complex. These are psychological disorders, which brings us full circle back to psuche (soul) versus pneuma (spirit). Everything about esotericists is soulical rather than spiritual.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Caino

One of the reasons you're here, is to debate! I don't really
believe you think you're going to change anyone's mind/heart
about their faith in Christianity! So, you most likely hope to
find posters who are, already interested in "new-age"
spiritualism or those who are sitting on the fence!

You'll find no one who is well versed in the Bible, and strong
in their faith, who'll suddenly, "see the light" and follow
what you and your ilk promote! Perhaps, you think I'm being,
'the master of the obvious' however, that's the way it is!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Another reason you're here is to engage with, people who
are like-minded individuals! You really have to know that
you're playing around in a hostile territory, when you choose
to plant yourself smack-dab in the middle of a 'Christian'
forum! So, you have to be willing to put up with a lot of
resistance!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
One of the reasons you're here, is to debate! I don't really
believe you think you're going to change anyone's mind/heart
about their faith in Christianity! So, you most likely hope to
find posters who are, already interested in "new-age"
spiritualism or those who are sitting on the fence!

You'll find no one who is well versed in the Bible, and strong
in their faith, who'll suddenly, "see the light" and follow
what you and your ilk promote! Perhaps, you think I'm being,
'the master of the obvious' however, that's the way it is!

True Grosnick, you are wise. I will take the opportunity of your insight to make a point, for what it's worth. Jesus was confronted with the same problem, and he also knew that those deeply indoctrinated in Judaism, and frightened by the Temple authorities, were simply not going to be reached. Those biblical literalist who could not discern the spiritual lessons of the scripture were un-reachable. During the times of Christ the majority of common men were illiterate. It was an enchanting age with almost no science.

Jesus chose 12 common men who seemed somewhat unlearned in the scripture (on more than one occasion he asked them if they had read the scripture?). Jesus didn't choose 12 scribes, Pharisees, Sadducees or theologians, no, he chose common open minded men who had not spent their lives over-analyzing theology to the point of blindness to new revealed truth.

It is true what you say, I know you can't "hear" me or even consider anything the UB says. It's not really you that Im posting for, it's the lurkers whose minds are not so incarcerated. Some years ago a "lurker" from NZ, on Christian Logic forum, saw one of my clips, recognized the truth in it and proceeded to read the revelation. He started the first reader study group in NZ. He would later contact me and thank me. I was just the channel, the spirit does it's own work.

Revealed religion eventually becomes contaminated with the older beliefs, it then becomes evolved religion, then it becomes petrified, inflexible and dead religion. Christianity has failed to keep pace with scientific discoveries; it actually has deluded itself into the superstitious belief that the discoveries from science are some sort of conspiracy or even from a Satan God creature. [It is true however that there is Atheistic science, but I'm talking about reasonable scientific fact].

Anyway, your life is your business, you do what you think is right. If you find no redeeming quality to the material presented in the Urantia Papers then that's really ok. The book is free and meant more for future ages.

Caino

Zeke

You mean before you were totally deceived by this huckster. He spreads the manure and you just ate it up. Putting out the front of being "Christ Like" or your opinion of what "Christ Like" is really means nothing being he brings you the message and spirit of anti-christ in his message. Wake up....

Gal. 1:8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any gospel other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
Gal. 1:9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any gospel other than that which you received, let him be cursed.

Should I get some stones and stone him? I did wake up from the religious stupor of exclusive elitist mentality, and became a human being again. The position of a servant is one who dances to the tune of his master Galatians 4:25, your in paper trained bondage to a doctrinal position that worships an Idol, likened to the image of a man.

Plus Paul learned that gospel through revelation, not a book or man, according to Galatians. Acts tells a different story that shows another version than Galatians, the book isn't the pure stream you think it is.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This clip contains a wonderful story; it's from the lost years, prior to the public life of Jesus. He was a carivan tutor for the son of a business man from India (they were Buddhist). He spent a year with them, going all the way to Rome and back. No one knew the true identity of Jesus or that he ever took this trip, only that he was a wise person who taught many lessons to others along the way. He actually set the stage among certain people who would later receive the Christian message. Even Paul heard tails of this man but never knew it was Jesus. Mock, laugh and piss all over it if that makes you feel better, I really don’t care. It’s meaningful to me and it will be to an age to come.

The conversation between Ganid and Jesus is just priceless!

Trips About Rome​

(1466.1) 132:7.1 Jesus, Gonod, and Ganid made five trips away from Rome to points of interest in the surrounding territory. On their visit to the northern Italian lakes Jesus had the long talk with Ganid concerning the impossibility of teaching a man about God if the man does not desire to know God. They had casually met a thoughtless pagan while on their journey up to the lakes, and Ganid was surprised that Jesus did not follow out his usual practice of enlisting the man in conversation which would naturally lead up to the discussion of spiritual questions. When Ganid asked his teacher why he evinced so little interest in this pagan, Jesus answered:

(1466.2) 132:7.2 “Ganid, the man was not hungry for truth. He was not dissatisfied with himself. He was not ready to ask for help, and the eyes of his mind were not open to receive light for the soul. That man was not ripe for the harvest of salvation; he must be allowed more time for the trials and difficulties of life to prepare him for the reception of wisdom and higher learning. Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father. You cannot reveal God to those who do not seek for him; you cannot lead unwilling souls into the joys of salvation. Man must become hungry for truth as a result of the experiences of living, or he must desire to know God as the result of contact with the lives of those who are acquainted with the divine Father before another human being can act as the means of leading such a fellow mortal to the Father in heaven. If we know God, our real business on earth is so to live as to permit the Father to reveal himself in our lives, and thus will all God-seeking persons see the Father and ask for our help in finding out more about the God who in this manner finds expression in our lives.”

(1466.3) 132:7.3 It was on the visit to Switzerland, up in the mountains, that Jesus had an all-day talk with both father and son about Buddhism. Many times Ganid had asked Jesus direct questions about Buddha, but he had always received more or less evasive replies. Now, in the presence of the son, the father asked Jesus a direct question about Buddha, and he received a direct reply. Said Gonod: “I would really like to know what you think of Buddha.” And Jesus answered:

(1466.4) 132:7.4 “Your Buddha was much better than your Buddhism. Buddha was a great man, even a prophet to his people, but he was an orphan prophet; by that I mean that he early lost sight of his spiritual Father, the Father in heaven. His experience was tragic. He tried to live and teach as a messenger of God, but without God. Buddha guided his ship of salvation right up to the safe harbor, right up to the entrance to the haven of mortal salvation, and there, because of faulty charts of navigation, the good ship ran aground. There it has rested these many generations, motionless and almost hopelessly stranded. And thereon have many of your people remained all these years. They live within hailing distance of the safe waters of rest, but they refuse to enter because the noble craft of the good Buddha met the misfortune of grounding just outside the harbor. And the Buddhist peoples never will enter this harbor unless they abandon the philosophic craft of their prophet and seize upon his noble spirit. Had your people remained true to the spirit of Buddha, you would have long since entered your haven of spirit tranquillity, soul rest, and assurance of salvation.

(1467.1) 132:7.5 “You see, Gonod, Buddha knew God in spirit but failed clearly to discover him in mind; the Jews discovered God in mind but largely failed to know him in spirit. Today, the Buddhists flounder about in a philosophy without God, while my people are piteously enslaved to the fear of a God without a saving philosophy of life and liberty. You have a philosophy without a God; the Jews have a God but are largely without a philosophy of living as related thereto. Buddha, failing to envision God as a spirit and as a Father, failed to provide in his teaching the moral energy and the spiritual driving power which a religion must possess if it is to change a race and exalt a nation.”

(1467.2) 132:7.6 Then exclaimed Ganid: “Teacher, let’s you and I make a new religion, one good enough for India and big enough for Rome, and maybe we can trade it to the Jews for Yahweh.” And Jesus replied: “Ganid, religions are not made. The religions of men grow up over long periods of time, while the revelations of God flash upon earth in the lives of the men who reveal God to their fellows.” But they did not comprehend the meaning of these prophetic words.

(1467.3) 132:7.7 That night after they had retired, Ganid could not sleep. He talked a long time with his father and finally said, “You know, father, I sometimes think Joshua is a prophet.” And his father only sleepily replied, “My son, there are others —”

(1467.4) 132:7.8 From this day, for the remainder of his natural life, Ganid continued to evolve a religion of his own. He was mightily moved in his own mind by Jesus’ broadmindedness, fairness, and tolerance. In all their discussions of philosophy and religion this youth never experienced feelings of resentment or reactions of antagonism.

(1467.5) 132:7.9 What a scene for the celestial intelligences to behold, this spectacle of the Indian lad proposing to the Creator of a universe that they make a new religion! And though the young man did not know it, they were making a new and everlasting religion right then and there — this new way of salvation, the revelation of God to man through, and in, Jesus. That which the lad wanted most to do he was unconsciously actually doing. And it was, and is, ever thus. That which the enlightened and reflective human imagination of spiritual teaching and leading wholeheartedly and unselfishly wants to do and be, becomes measurably creative in accordance with the degree of mortal dedication to the divine doing of the Father’s will. When man goes in partnership with God, great things may, and do, happen.

Zeke

Yes, far beyond anyone's intellectual concept of theology or assumption of a 'faith-tradition', is a basic respect for an open-dialogue on religious or philosophical matters. This allows for a full spectrum of response-mechanisms, but hopefully one can use such 'ground' to foster a creative or productive dialogue, using the 'opportunity' to allow his own presentation to stand upon its own merit, which also includes the 'manner' in which such is presented, which reveals the 'spirit' in which it is shared. In this case, more care is given to responses, that they accord in a way that best represents the value and character of the composer and/or of his representation of 'God'. - this is a serious reflection to consider.

A demand for 'burden of proof' by one, automatically requires the demand for the 'same' by the demander. Its a 2-way street <---->

This puts the 'truth-smack' motif in a 'mirror-position' of like vulnerability, where all views are seriously inspected, and continually re-searched as needed. Knowledge is not something to fear, but to explore and discover, - it is also just as well to admit the 'unknowable' (agnosis), in one's life journey, since there is that which is beyond the 'known', ever residing potentially within the infinite.

pj

The fruit of the dialog shows the root stock it flows from, the trained response team just does what come comes naturally to them in their narrow world view. The concept of the biblical message was always pointing in-ward, which is the same message we can find in other traditions based on the same motif, the two brothers, or two wolves, two covenants, two mounts, etc...... with the third divine teacher speaking to the heart on which one to feed, if one had ears to hear.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The fruit of the dialog shows the root stock it flows from, the trained response team just does what come comes naturally to them in their narrow world view. The concept of the biblical message was always pointing in-ward, which is the same message we can find in other traditions based on the same motif, the two brothers, or two wolves, two covenants, two mounts, etc...... with the third divine teacher speaking to the heart on which one to feed, if one had ears to hear.

Refreshing! Are there more people like you where you come from?

“No wonder our hearts burned within us as he spoke to us while we walked along the road! and while he opened up to our understanding the teachings of the Scriptures!”

appearance to the two brothers....

What we need is a special section for people deceived by cults. Where we Christians can choose to interact or not. False teaching and leading people astray doesn't seem like the idea behind this forum, or am I wrong?

Zeke

What we need is a special section for people deceived by cults. Where we Christians can choose to interact or not. False teaching and leading people astray doesn't seem like the idea behind this forum, or am I wrong?

So you want a religious section with out the pricking, or spiritual discomfort? seems like your not to stable in your position if your worried about the power of your God's ability to use this section to prove your superior position to the world.

Using false teaching mantras as a shield is a cop out, and what about your cult? it should stand on it's own merit instead of resorting to high volume thumping of the chest with sitcom style heckling (my gods bigger than yours) that really isn't helping your position.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So you want a religious section with out the pricking, or spiritual discomfort? seems like your not to stable in your position if your worried about the power of your God's ability to use this section to prove your superior position to the world.

Using false teaching mantras as a shield is a cop out, and what about your cult? it should stand on it's own merit instead of resorting to high volume thumping of the chest with sitcom style heckling (my gods bigger than yours) that really isn't helping your position.

You sure like to mention 'sit-coms' a lot! What was your favorite
of all time? Mine was "All in the Family" Second would be, "Seinfeld"

WizardofOz

And it survived the new server purge

And it survived the new server purge

This thread has been here for nearly 4 years. Why troll it now? :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.