The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Creator Sons are known as 'Michaels'.......

Creator Sons are known as 'Michaels'.......

Caino, you stated; "Michael is the heavenly name of the Son who incarnate as Jesus.
Now he is known as Christ Michael" How are you able to assume that Michael is Jesus,
and not one of the Archangels?

We've treated this earlier here and elsewhere (about Creator Sons).

21:0.3 These primary Paradise Sons are personalized as Michaels. As they go forth from Paradise to found their universes, they are known as Creator Michaels. When settled in supreme authority, they are called Master Michaels. Sometimes we refer to the sovereign of your universe of Nebadon as Christ Michael. Always and forever do they reign after the “order of Michael,” that being the designation of the first Son of their order and nature.

In UB cosmology, a 'Michael' refers to one of the order of 'Creator Sons' (who is a Creator Son), and not to any being who is an 'archangel', which is a lower class in the celestial hierarchy. The UB covers a most vast and ordered hierarchy of divine sons, angels and cosmic beings. The title 'Christ-Michael' denotes Jesus eternal pre-existent status as a 'Creator-Son', and includes 'Christ' because he was assumed into such a 'messianic' role.

pj

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We've treated this earlier here and elsewhere (about Creator Sons).

In UB cosmology, a 'Michael' refers to one of the order of 'Creator Sons' (who is a Creator Son), and not to any being who is an 'archangel', which is a lower class in the celestial hierarchy. The UB covers a most vast and ordered hierarchy of divine sons, angels and cosmic beings. The title 'Christ-Michael' denotes Jesus eternal pre-existent status as a 'Creator-Son', and includes 'Christ' because he was assumed into such a 'messianic' role.

pj

That's well and fine but, you didn't answer my question about
the differences between, your belief and the beliefs of the
Mormons and the Scientologists?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Learn...............

Learn...............

What's the difference between the urantia books (papers) and the made up
tales of Joesph Smith or L Ron Hubbard? All three claim supernatural or
celestial beings of one sort or another?

Read and listen to the former information given to you, if you are interested in engaging in an informed dialogue here. More Papers will be shared in audio-video format, open for discussion and dialogue. The first few papers on 'God' are most fundamental.

To your question above, how can you know that all the supernatural events, angelic visitations in the Bible are not made up tales, or embellished myths? Read the UB for yourself and judge it by its contents, just like you would read any other religious or philosophical work.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Read and listen to the former information given to you, if you are interested in engaging in an informed dialogue here. More Papers will be shared in audio-video format, open for discussion and dialogue. The first few papers on 'God' are most fundamental.

To your question above, how can you know that all the supernatural events, angelic visitations in the Bible are not made up tales, or embellished myths? Read the UB for yourself and judge it by its contents, just like you would read any other religious or philosophical work.

Have you read the entire Bible word for word?

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What's the difference between the urantia books (papers) and the made up
tales of Joesph Smith or L Ron Hubbard? All three claim supernatural or
celestial beings of one sort or another?

The difference is that the Urantia papers are actually true.

This site covers science that was unknown at the time of the UB in 1955 but has been validated.

http://www.ubthenews.com/

This is the list of all who have claimed to be the Jewish Messiah:

Simon of Peraea (c. Unknown – 4 BCE), a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans.[3]
Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BCE – 30 CE), leader of a Jewish sect who was crucified by the Romans at the instigation of Jewish leaders; Jews who believed him to be the Messiah were the first Christians, also known as Jewish Christians.[4] Muslims,[5] Christians[6] and Messianic Jews[7] believe him to be the real Messiah.
Athronges (c. 3 CE),[8] a shepherd turned rebel leader.
Menahem ben Judah (?), allegedly son of Judas of Galilee, partook in a revolt against Agrippa II before being slain by a rival Zealot leader.
Vespasian, c. 70, according to Josephus[9]
Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.
Moses of Crete (?), who in about 440–470 persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.
Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.
Yudghan (?), a disciple of Abu 'Isa who continued the faith after Isa was slain.[10][11]
Serene (?), who around 720 claimed to be the Messiah and advocated expulsion of Muslims and relaxing various rabbinic laws before being arrested; he then recanted.
David Alroy (?), born in Kurdistan, who around 1160 agitated against the caliph before being assassinated.
Nissim ben Abraham (?), active around 1295.[10]
Moses Botarel of Cisneros (?), active around 1413; claimed to be a sorcerer able to combine the names of God.
Asher Lämmlein (?), a German near Venice who proclaimed himself a forerunner of the Messiah in 1502.
David Reubeni (1490–1541?) and Solomon Molcho (1500–1532), messianic adventurers who travelled in Portugal, Italy and Turkey; Molcho, who was a baptised Catholic, was tried by the Inquisition, convicted of apostasy and burned at the stake.
A mostly unknown Czech Jew from around the 1650s.[12]
Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676), an Ottoman Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, but then converted to Islam; still has followers today in the Donmeh.
Barukhia Russo (Osman Baba), successor of Sabbatai Zevi.
Jacob Querido (?–1690), claimed to be the new incarnation of Sabbatai; later converted to Islam and led the Donmeh.
Miguel Cardoso (1630–1706), another successor of Sabbatai who claimed to be the "Messiah ben Ephraim."
Mordecai Mokia (1650–1729), "the Rebuker," another person who proclaimed himself Messiah after Sabbatai's death.
Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750), attained some following amongst former followers of Sabbatai, calling himself the "Messiah ben Joseph."
Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791), who claimed to be the reincarnation of King David and preached a synthesis of Christianity and Judaism.
Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902–1994), the seventh Chabad Rabbi who tried to "prepare the way" for the Messiah. An unidentifiable number of his followers believe him to be the Messiah, though he himself never said this and actually scoffed at such claims which were made during his lifetime.[13][14]

Damascusroad

I'm pleased that this thread is not a discussion about Christianity. However, the original post should have that notice for novices. Maybe its author could add, in large letters,

ANTI-CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION THREAD, or
NON-CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION, or
CHRISTIANS! AVOID THIS THREAD!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'm pleased that this thread is not a discussion about Christianity. However, the original post should have that notice for novices. Maybe its author could add, in large letters,

:rotfl:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Long ago I had a thread at BTDF "Bible Truth Discssion Forum" They are Christadelphians. They eventually banned me for life! But some liked me and are now my facebook friends, even though they still think i'm a smart idiot.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
get a grip.......

get a grip.......

All three share a common bond, do they not?

No. I don't see a connection. You've already been given AMPLE information and resources about the Urantia Papers in this thread. See previous posts and learn.

Have you read the entire Bible word for word?

I've read and studied the Bible enough over the years to know its basic teachings, history and theology, and as a student of comparative religions, philosophy and metaphysics continually pursue studies....since revelation is progressive. I've also read the UB, yet gravitate towards certain particular books (chapters/papers) in the tome, finding some more useful according to my particular subject-interests, mainly the theological-philosophical-cosmological aspects of the revelation. This generally goes for any compendium of religious writings, some books are more valid, useful or interesting. If you haven't familiarized yourself with both documents (Bible and the UB), you really cant compare them in a knowledgable way beyond un-informed assumptions and guess-work.

I gather from your silence, you probably haven't! Would that be a good
guess on my part?

I do have a life away from the computer, so try on some patience. Some posters may not sign back in for many hours or even days, so be mindful of that. Again,....you're presuming a lot, and since you haven't done enough study and research on the Urantia Papers (yet) you are not qualified to really engage in a productive dialogue on the material. You've been invited however to meet those qualifications, or else we're just 'tap-dancing' on the periphery.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the 'pleasure' is mutual.......

the 'pleasure' is mutual.......

You might also be 'pleased' to know this is the 'Religion' section of the forum, which includes all subjects and aspects of 'Religion', - this includes all forms, traditions and cultures of religion or 'religious philosophy', and its accompanying theology. - it is not limited to any one specific religion.

If you want an 'exclusively Christian' forum, that is available on the network here. This thread is one of the main Urantia threads still existing, our former one was also very extensive, no longer extant. Readers can read the thread up to current, if they choose, to learn more. The value in discussion of the UB and traditional orthodox Christian theology is comparing the two, and seeing how those differences might be significant within the context of man's spiritual evolution and religious progress.

Introduction to the UB

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Old Testament Redactions

Old Testament Redactions

This is a diagram of what the areas of redaction and edits in the OT looks like.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Antiquity..............

Antiquity..............

Christianity been around for 2,000 year's as opposed to the UB at 100 year's!

Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma: the eternal 'religion' or 'way') and Judaism was here way before Christianity if you want to grant a 'time-factor' in somehow giving credibility to something, - however 'antiquity' does not always prove something's truth or utility.

The UB adds onto the religious truth and revelations given to man, expanding upon them in this current and extended dispensation.

You might also be properly informed as shared in this thread, that I'm not a UB fundamentalist, neither do I identify as one, since as a 'theosophist' I take an 'eclectic' and 'universal' approach to 'religion' and 'philosophy', accepting truth principles, values and archetypes in all religious traditions that contain or reveal truth, which is the spiritual 'essence' within all true forms, archetypes and symbols. The exoteric forms or terms may vary, but the esoteric truth within those, is the 'perennial wisdom'.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You might also be 'pleased' to know this is the 'Religion' section of the forum, which includes all subjects and aspects of 'Religion', - this includes all forms, traditions and cultures of religion or 'religious philosophy', and its accompanying theology. - it is not limited to any one specific religion.

If you want an 'exclusively Christian' forum, that is available on the network here. This thread is one of the main Urantia threads still existing, our former one was also very extensive, no longer extant. Readers can read the thread up to current, if they choose, to learn more. The value in discussion of the UB and traditional orthodox Christian theology is comparing the two, and seeing how those differences might be significant within the context of man's spiritual evolution and religious progress.

Introduction to the UB

pj

Thanks for the impressive tutorial! You're our resident genius here! And, I assure, on behalf of all of us, we're very proud of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.