The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

What has your belief given you that you did not have before you became a believer?
It would be a much shorter list to tell you what it hasn't given me. It hasn't given me 'secret' knowledge or any other doctrines of demons, such as the UB. It has given me promises which God watches over to perform. It hasn't given me a self-righteous attitude or holier-than-thou feelings. It gives humility, which is the currency of The Kingdom. It hasn't given me self-confidence. In fact, it makes me more un-sure of myself every day, and more sure of The One in Whom I believe, and His Righteousness. It hasn't given me the false assurance that evil doesn't exist or is illusory, but it has given me comfort and has even prepared me a table in the very presence of my enemies. It hasn't given me imaginary gods or a false hope of heaven, with no fulfillment. It has given me glimpses of His Glory and Majesty, right here on this earth. It hasn't given me anything which can be seen or even understood by those who aren't part of The Kingdom; since His Kingdom is not of this world. It has given me the very substance of the things which I hope for. Edwin Markham, a great American poet long ago said it best: “Ah, great it is to believe the dream as we stand in youth by the starry stream; but a greater thing is to fight life through and say at the end, the dream is true!” Fact is: God's Word is true. The UB is NOT! :nono:

JWStipple

It has given me promises which God watches over to perform.

So...it has given you hope and a sense of security that you didn't have before, eh?

It hasn't given me a self-righteous attitude or holier-than-thou feelings.

So...why do you display a self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude here then?

It gives humility, which is the currency of The Kingdom.

So...why don't you display that humility here so that everyone can see it? Or are you saying you were even worse before?

It hasn't given me self-confidence.

That lack of self-confidence doesn't show here. In fact...it appears that you've traded a lack of self-confidence for pride and arrogance.

In fact, it makes me more un-sure of myself every day, and more sure of The One in Whom I believe, and His Righteousness.

That doesn't sound like a lack of self-confidence. That sounds like you've buried your lack of confidence under a pile of pride and arrogance.

It hasn't given me the false assurance that evil doesn't exist or is illusory, but it has given me comfort and has even prepared me a table in the very presence of my enemies.

Comfort and hope are generally good things.

It has given me glimpses of His Glory and Majesty, right here on this earth.

So...you couldn't see this before you became a believer? Okay...well, opening your eyes to the wonder and awe of existence right here on Earth is a good thing, isn't it?

It hasn't given me anything which can be seen or even understood by those who aren't part of The Kingdom; since His Kingdom is not of this world.

Okay...so it gave you a bunch of invisible things.

It has given me the very substance of the things which I hope for.

So...you had no concept of substance before you became a believer. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Fact is: God's Word is true. The UB is NOT!

You didn't answer this question: Are you infallible?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I've noticed that there is more talk on changing the PCUSA "Book of Order" to relax the problems of Homosexually. The changes will remove barriers to allow GLBT (gays) to be ordained and allowed to preach at the pulpit as if homosexually is not a sin. I'm curious on what the Urantia book say regarding to homosexually. Can anyone show something on that subject?

I can, the UB dosn't say one single word about homosexuality. Zilch! Notta!

It mentions that while in Rome Jesus didn't aprove of the promiscuity of the public baths but it does not elaborate on the nature of the promiscuity. A gay person could be perfectly upright in their homosexual relationship, or they could be promiscuous.

"He talked with a Roman senator on politics and statesmanship, and this one contact with Jesus made such an impression on this legislator that he spent the rest of his life vainly trying to induce his colleagues to change the course of the ruling policy from the idea of the government supporting and feeding the people to that of the people supporting the government. Jesus spent one evening with a wealthy slaveholder, talked about man as a son of God, and the next day this man, Claudius, gave freedom to one hundred and seventeen slaves. He visited at dinner with a Greek physician, telling him that his patients had minds and souls as well as bodies, and thus led this able doctor to attempt a more far-reaching ministry to his fellow men. He talked with all sorts of people in every walk of life. The only place in Rome he did not visit was the public baths. He refused to accompany his friends to the baths because of the sex promiscuity which there prevailed."

Caino

John Mortimer

In fact, it makes me more un-sure of myself every day, and more sure of The One in Whom I believe, and His Righteousness.

The One in Whom YOU believe....... but your faith makes you more unsure of yourself - and therefore it must make you more unsure of your beliefs.

Aimiel, you appear to be a house divided against itself.

Perhaps you should spend more time really contemplating what Jesus says in the Gospels and less time looking to attack others?

John Mortimer

It mentions that while in Rome Jesus didn't aprove of the promiscuity of the public baths....

I was quite struck by the fact that the quote from the UB doesn't actually say that Jesus didn't approve of the promiscuity of the public baths though - it only says he refused to go. Presumably the vibration of sexual promiscuity at Roman public baths was not an experience Jesus wanted, nor one in which he felt his time and energy would be well spent. That doesn't necessarily imply disapproval though, does it?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I was quite struck by the fact that the quote from the UB doesn't actually say that Jesus didn't approve of the promiscuity of the public baths though - it only says he refused to go. Presumably the vibration of sexual promiscuity at Roman public baths was not an experience Jesus wanted, nor one in which he felt his time and energy would be well spent. That doesn't necessarily imply disapproval though, does it?

Yes, It is interesting, but lets look more deeply.

This group of papers was sponsored by a commission of twelve Urantia Midwayers acting under the supervision of a Melchizedek Revelatory Director. The basis of this narrative was supplied by a secondary Midwayer who was onetime assigned to the superhuman watchcare of the Apostle Andrew.

* First, this is a narrative, a unique angelic kind of being who is telling us (in his/her own words) what happened.

* Is the basis for the narration of this particular episode based on something that Jesus said when invited to go to the public baths? Something that the celestial author witnessed first hand? Remember, it's not Jesus speaking nor a quote but a third party literally explaining Jesus' motives and thoughts.

* So we don’t know.

In my opinion homosexuals are as legitimate a creation as heterosexuals. The bigoted discrimination is man's ignorance. I don't think Jesus had an issue with gays, but I could see that he may not feel promiscuity was moral. It's like food, gluttony is not food, it's the abuse of it.

Caino

Aimiel

Aimiel, you appear to be a house divided against itself.
Truly, that's what we are. None of us can stand, on our own, even though we think we're fine. Our flesh wars against our spirit, but learning Who God is brings us more and more into The Image and Likeness of His Son every day.

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

John Mortimer

Truly, that's what we are. None of us can stand, on our own, even though we think we're fine. Our flesh wars against our spirit, but learning Who God is brings us more and more into The Image and Likeness of His Son every day.

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Amen to that.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the beauty of real freedom............

the beauty of real freedom............

Freelight,

The task of introducing something so beautiful, so revelatory and replete is truly daunting in light of the indoctrinated damage that has been perpetuated upon so called Christians.

We can see how and why Jesus was so bitterly hated by the most "religious" of society. We can appreciate the fact that it was the common people who heard him gladly, not the cranky righteous man.

All this can further help us understand the answer that Jesus gave when point blank asked, during his trumped up trial, “are you the Messiah, the Son of God?” And Jesus answered: “If I tell you, you will not believe me; and if I ask you, you will not answer.”

Humanity ponders and searches for answers in fervent prayer and scientific inquiry, yet, when God does eventually provide the answers, man scoffs at those gifts and turns upon the messengers.

I enjoy finding new truths of beautiful depth and insight from inspired writings, such is truly food for the spirit.

Forgive Aimiel, for he knows not what he does.

Already forgiven. Besides...one cannot dialogue with a mind that is predetermined, indoctrinated and closed. Readers with discernment can see right thru it. In any case, the truths shared in the UB and in other inspired writings continue as man's spiritual inheritance, yet unfortunately those who are bound by 'traditional dogma' only see their own 'version' or 'belief' as being true. The 'religious ego' that assumes it knows the only way to God or the only truth, is often resilient and hard to let go.

101:4.4 In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence. -UB

pj

Majeston

Hey Aimiel,

I've gotta give you credit for your tenacity, from what I can tell you've been hanging in here for quite some time.

Aimiel

The race is to bring as many into The Kingdom as possible, before they die, and all hope is lost of them ever becoming saved.

JWStipple

The race is to bring as many into The Kingdom as possible, before they die, and all hope is lost of them ever becoming saved.

What happens if someone never hears about the kingdom of God? Does he automatically get sent to hell...do not pass go...do not collect $200?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What happens if someone never hears about the kingdom of God? Does he automatically get sent to hell...do not pass go...do not collect $200?

Its a good thing Life provides us with opportunities to learn, discover and know the kingdom of God. However I think its a bit more serious and complex than a game of monopoly. ;) The UB presents a wonderful plan of salvation and eternal progress for all God's children, a path of never ending service, learning, exploration and discovery! (for those who strive to serve Life's will and purpose)

Intro. to the Urantia Papers

pj

John Mortimer

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. -- John 6:53

Those to whom Jesus was speaking evidently had some life in them and were unconsciously "eating the flesh of the Son of man" and "drinking His blood" already. Why else would Jesus say this? Can a being with no life respond to this statement? Can a being with no life do anything?

So then, Jesus was not in possession of something others did not have access to - He was indicating the Christ Consciousness for THAT was the flesh and blood of Jesus.

Every being has the Christ Consciousness within them otherwise they could have no life at all. The illusion of separate-ness causes us to feel the fear of lack and death and such is the power of our minds and the cosmic law of God that what we project into the cosmic mirror we receive as experience... namely lack and death.
There was no ego in Jesus, no sense of separation from God and thus all life. Jesus was demonstrating the Sonship available to all.

Aimiel

Hogwash. 'Christ-consciousness' is a fairy-tale invented to attempt to remove the power and authority that Jesus alone has. He is The Only Begotten of The Father. There is no substitute for His Precious Blood, which is the only salvation from sin. Discounting Scripture only gets you into the bargain basement of eternity: hell.

horiturk

Hogwash. 'Christ-consciousness' is a fairy-tale invented to attempt to remove the power and authority that Jesus alone has. He is The Only Begotten of The Father. There is no substitute for His Precious Blood, which is the only salvation from sin. Discounting Scripture only gets you into the bargain basement of eternity: hell.

people like you are what keep this world from being a sane and rational place. your views are absolutely mad. you have no evidence for jesus being God or having any authority or power,you have no evidence that souls need to be saved or will be damned for not believing in jesus.you have no evidence besides copies of copies of copies of copies of manuscripts copied sometimes VERY long after the originals were written(originals you don't have mind you) by barely literal spare time copyists(not scribes).and these copyists often changed words,added entire verses etc,among other things. so God decided to reveal himself to illiterate desert dwellers because they're special and decided to damn all human souls that don't believe in jesus....even the hebrews because jesus simply didn't reveal all the prophecies laid down in their book? sounds pretty freaking crazy to me. if anyone would ever be sent to any kind of cosmic time-out like hell it would be morons like you who go around condemning people because old jewish manuscripts told them to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.