The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What do ya think of that You-Tube presentation Caino? Kinda puts a big gaping hole in your belief system huh?

Not at all, I've known all of that for years. The Jews who wrote the Old Testament also thought Jesus was inspired by Satan Matthew 12:24 , that demons knew him, that he was in conflict with the scriptures. The Jews have had 2,000 years to read their scriptures and they still don't believe in Jesus. Nothing knew, scripture worshipers are pig headed people, it's like they are in a cult and can't think beyond their own indoctrination. Just ask the Jews, ask Ben Mazda.

You are no different than the Jews Grosnick, you believe God wrote the Bible so you are forced to believe things that deep down in your heart you don't really think are true. You, just like the Jews, have to much religious pride to learn anything new.

Jesus already told his followers that we would be hated by the like of you a Paul follower.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I don't make idols or fetishes out of any book,
I don't know what you mean by that.
I don't belive things that I don't think are true.

You pick things from the Bible and throw out other things, and add your own stuff...you have made for yourself a fictional book that way.

You haven't even read the UB so your opinion is out of complete ignorance.

You say the Bible is written by men who made lots of mistakes; so then, what makes you think the men who brought you your book did not make mistakes?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Keep researching.....

Keep researching.....

Anyone wanting to no the "wicked side" of the Urantia Book, follow this You-Tube
presentation. Freelight (Paul) himself comments on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYlrCjxgpI

There is nothing wicked about a revelation which proclaims the love of God, and upholds only the highest principles of goodness, truth and beauty. Feel free to watch and listen to that video,...as it presents different perspectives on the UB, and my comments to the video still hold.

BTW, more people gave the video a 'dislike' meaning they don't agree with video-makers claim ;) :down:

Blessings :)

pj

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is nothing wicked about a revelation which proclaims the love of God, and upholds only the highest principles of goodness, truth and beauty. Feel free to watch and listen to that video,...as it present different perspectives of the UB, and my comments to the video still hold.

BTW, more people gave the video a 'dislike' meaning they don't agree with video-makers claim ;) :down:

Blessings :)

pj

Morons say,
"dislike" to things pertaining to truth at times.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Morons say,
"dislike" to things pertaining to truth at times.

Beyond being refuted many times here concerning the UB (on many levels)...if you're actually capable of carrying on a discussion (the purpose of the board here)...then specify what exactly in the video disproves the UB....although most if not all these points have been addressed here in this very lengthy thread already. Otherwise you're just continuing to waste space on this discussion forum, which is disrespecting its purpose. Since you haven't shown yourself so far to be capable of a civil, rational discussion (beyond ad-hominems and ridicule),....it would be a leap of 'faith' expecting such, but I remain optimistic, for all things are possible. Specify a point if you'd like to discuss, or you're going back on ignore. Have some respect, for heaven's sake.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what you mean by that.

You pick things from the Bible and throw out other things, and add your own stuff...you have made for yourself a fictional book that way.

You say the Bible is written by men who made lots of mistakes; so then, what makes you think the men who brought you your book did not make mistakes?

I didn't say the celestials who brought the UB we're divinely perfect. Revelation is always time conditioned.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
space cadets for Jesus........

space cadets for Jesus........

I didn't say the celestials who brought the UB we're divinely perfect. Revelation is always time conditioned.

Yes,....the celestials in their various orders have limited knowledge (are not omniscient like The Father). The UB has lots to share about the dynamics of space and time, one of my favorite subjects to ponder :)

See my blog-portal here on space-time studies.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes,....the celestials in their various orders have limited knowledge (are not omniscient like The Father). The UB has lots to share about the dynamics of space and time, one of my favorite subjects to ponder :)

See my blog-portal here on space-time studies.

pj

You and Caino aren't doing so well in the Christian threads. You ought
to stay in this "dopey" thread where you can say silly things that
make you seem, half way sane. At least to you guys.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
According to your "UFO Cult" didn't the "Urantia Book" suddenly materialize
on some park bench? Wasn't it delivered by some kind of "Cosmic Mailman"
from another Universe?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Mortals represent the last link in the chain of those beings who are called sons of God. The personal touch of the Original and Eternal Son passes on down through a series of decreasingly divine and increasingly human personalizations until there arrives a being much like yourselves, one you can see, hear, and touch. And then you are made spiritually aware of the great truth which your faith may grasp—sonship with the eternal God!"​

Aimiel

In the original gospel God forgives sincere repentance, no blood of an innocent man required.
Jesus said and taught otherwise...

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Obviously, Jesus didn't send us the Urantia nonsense. His Blood is central to Christianity. It is only with the redeeming power of His Blood and our own testimony of our faith in His Blood that we are able to overcome our enemy, who is the author of the Urantia book.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Obviously: you and Freelight are deceived by Satan. :duh:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If they made mistakes, why would I want to believe their book?

They didn't make any mistakes, they worked within the strict parameters of the revelation mandate in the presentation of what they could reveal.

"Because your world is generally ignorant of origins, even of physical origins, it has appeared to be wise from time to time to provide instruction in cosmology. And always has this made trouble for the future. The laws of revelation hamper us greatly by their proscription of the impartation of unearned or premature knowledge. Any cosmology presented as a part of revealed religion is destined to be outgrown in a very short time. Accordingly, future students of such a revelation are tempted to discard any element of genuine religious truth it may contain because they discover errors on the face of the associated cosmologies therein presented.

101:4.2 Mankind should understand that we who participate in the revelation of truth are very rigorously limited by the instructions of our superiors. We are not at liberty to anticipate the scientific discoveries of a thousand years. Revelators must act in accordance with the instructions which form a part of the revelation mandate. We see no way of overcoming this difficulty, either now or at any future time. We full well know that, while the historic facts and religious truths of this series of revelatory presentations will stand on the records of the ages to come, within a few short years many of our statements regarding the physical sciences will stand in need of revision in consequence of additional scientific developments and new discoveries. These new developments we even now foresee, but we are forbidden to include such humanly undiscovered facts in the revelatory records. Let it be made clear that revelations are not necessarily inspired. The cosmology of these revelations is not inspired. It is limited by our permission for the co-ordination and sorting of present-day knowledge. While divine or spiritual insight is a gift, human wisdom must evolve.

101:4.3 Truth is always a revelation: autorevelation when it emerges as a result of the work of the indwelling Adjuster; epochal revelation when it is presented by the function of some other celestial agency, group, or personality.

101:4.4 In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence.

101:4.5 Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:

1. The reduction of confusion by the authoritative elimination of error.
2. The co-ordination of known or about-to-be-known facts and observations.
3. The restoration of important bits of lost knowledge concerning epochal transactions in the distant past.
4. The supplying of information which will fill in vital missing gaps in otherwise earned knowledge.
5. Presenting cosmic data in such a manner as to illuminate the spiritual teachings contained in the accompanying revelation."

I believe a lot of things in the Bible regardless of the errors.

God's Truth

They didn't make any mistakes, they worked within the strict parameters of the revelation mandate in the presentation of what they could reveal.

So then, which is it? You said before, "I didn't say the celestials who brought the UB we're divinely perfect. Revelation is always time conditioned."

I believe a lot of things in the Bible regardless of the errors.

That is just creepy. Why would you believe something that you believe is an error? Jesus is the Word of God. If you believe the words written are false, then you are saying you do not believe it is the Word of God, so then why believe it?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So then, which is it? You said before, "I didn't say the celestials who brought the UB we're divinely perfect. Revelation is always time conditioned."

That is just creepy. Why would you believe something that you believe is an error? Jesus is the Word of God. If you believe the words written are false, then you are saying you do not believe it is the Word of God, so then why believe it?

Why is it creepy? The Bible isn't 1 book, the current most widely used Bible in Christendom is 66 books finally decided on by the RCC 400 years after Jesus left. Some books that had been used by believers were banned by the church who even considered it's own councils to be inerrant.

I agree, Jesus is the Word of God, the Bible books are about ----->the Word of God, about the doings of God as they understood those events. Also, the Jews completely redacted their history in Babylon, they converted ordinary secular history into a miraculous fiction.

So, I believe the true parts but not the false parts. Its a lot like the news paper, one can get a general idea of the news but then take into account the bias of the journalist, imperfection of the eyewitnesses and deliberate exaggerations.

When the Holy men wrote the pseudo-biographical books of the OT they made NO CLAIM of writing the Word of God, that tradition began after returning to Israel.

God's Truth

Why is it creepy?
It is creepy because you are picking and choosing what you want to believe instead of acknowledging that the Creator of heaven and earth can preserve His Written Word for us exactly as He wants it, and that it is in the Holy Bible.

You chose to believe some other book that came along later, and it is different than the book that was from the beginning used.
The Bible isn't 1 book, the current most widely used Bible in Christendom is 66 books finally decided on by the RCC 400 years after Jesus left.

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used. There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics. Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

Some books that had been used by believers were banned by the church who even considered it's own councils to be inerrant.

I agree, Jesus is the Word of God, the Bible books are about ----->the Word of God, about the doings of God as they understood those events. Also, the Jews completely redacted their history in Babylon, they converted ordinary secular history into a miraculous fiction.

So, I believe the true parts but not the false parts. Its a lot like the news paper, one can get a general idea of the news but then take into account the bias of the journalist, imperfection of the eyewitnesses and deliberate exaggerations.

When the Holy men wrote the pseudo-biographical books of the OT they made NO CLAIM of writing the Word of God, that tradition began after returning to Israel.

No. That is what your false teachers of choice say.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Blood atonement researched again...........

Blood atonement researched again...........

Jesus said and taught otherwise...

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Obviously, Jesus didn't send us the Urantia nonsense. His Blood is central to Christianity. It is only with the redeeming power of His Blood and our own testimony of our faith in His Blood that we are able to overcome our enemy, who is the author of the Urantia book.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Obviously: you and Freelight are deceived by Satan. :duh:

We've covered the concept of 'blood atonement' here. All points addressed, challenged and researched.

Only John mentions Jesus saying anything about eating his flesh or drinking his blood,...and its important to note that in this instance, he is speaking symbolically, AND this reference doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a blood-atonement concept at all, but spiritual nourishment. There is no indication to believe that drinking Jesus blood provides atonement.

As far as the Eucharist is concerned, it might be more correlating towards a blood-atonement concept, but some aspects of this have been 'super-imposed' in that a shedding of blood somehow provides the remission of sins (note that Jews were taught to NOT drink blood, and how much more NOT human blood). - John's record of ingesting Jesus body and blood are wholly symbolic, and do not necessarily refer to or infer a blood-atonement.

Furthermore, the 'blood of the lamb' metaphor can include the Passover-concept,....which was about safety for God's people, not forgiveness of sins. So this metaphor has other applications and correlaries besides the belief that 'Jesus blood washes away all sins'. Blood symbolizes life, nourishment, the vital-force, etc.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It is creepy because you are picking and choosing what you want to believe instead of acknowledging that the Creator of heaven and earth can preserve His Written Word for us exactly as He wants it, and that it is in the Holy Bible.

You chose to believe some other book that came along later, and it is different than the book that was from the beginning used.

Many think the Catholics determined what books were to be included in the Bible, because they over the centuries publicly listed the books that they used. There were canons put together and used by people even before the Catholics. Different people gave personal statements about the books, but they were only commenting on the books and letters that the first Christians used from the beginning. They had only acknowledged those books early Christian communities already accepted as scripture.

No. That is what your false teachers of choice say.

It doesn't work that way, people don't pick and choose what they want to belive, they believe what they think is true or what they trust. I trust God as the Living Word, I take what others write about God as second hand information. The Bible is only about 3,000 years old, there is a ton of history before that when there was no Bible.

People have been taught by the controlling church that God wrote the Bible, you have been made to feel guilty for ever doubting the Bible, that your faith and salvation is in jeopardy if you are honest and admit you don't belive something. Then "group think" kicks in, other members of Bible sects pressure members to belive things that don't even sound true simply because they are in the scripture. This is true for all religious scripture.

I believed the UB from the time I first heard parts of what it said about evolution, a Loving God that is just and makes sense. I never believed some of the poor writings about Adam and Eve, the rediculous story of Noah and the other heavily edited and exagerated story written by the Jews.

Status
Not open for further replies.